+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check TRV and Delays

CanadaEHCabada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Did you apply inside Canada or outside? Based on your previous comment I understand that you have applied outside canada
Outside but my file in ottawa cuz i am on workpermit and my residence is Canada
It doesnt matter they just run security checks on most ppl i guess

Reactions: alk0494

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
Did you apply inside Canada or outside? Based on your previous comment I understand that you have applied outside canada
There are delays inside canada applications as well due to backlog and holidays. Hope you will get the positive reply Soon.

Shezzy

Aug 14, 2014
Outside but my file in ottawa cuz i am on workpermit and my residence is Canada
It doesnt matter they just run security checks on most ppl i guess
I have a question, since you are outside Canada and your application is being processed within Canada where will you send your passport once you get your application approved?

Will you send it to your home embassy or to CPC Ottawa for stamp? The reason is my application is processed in Canada and I want to leave for 3 months I am sure I would get a decision by then but not sure how to get the stamp.

Thanks,

rikavache

Jun 12, 2017
Did you do any CSE or tried calling them? Whats taking so long?

Thanks
I have called them couple of times during last 5-6 months. They told me that I should wait until security screening be completed. They also informed me that my case was sent to the visa office in New York !

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have a question, since you are outside Canada and your application is being processed within Canada where will you send your passport once you get your application approved?

Will you send it to your home embassy or to CPC Ottawa for stamp? The reason is my application is processed in Canada and I want to leave for 3 months I am sure I would get a decision by then but not sure how to get the stamp.

Thanks,
You can get your visa stamped by the visa office which handles visas for the country you're going to. When you get a passport request, contact that visa office and request them to allow you to submit your passport to the local VAC/VFS (or in some countries, directly to that local visa office)

Reactions: Shezzy

Shezzy

Aug 14, 2014
You can get your visa stamped by the visa office which handles visas for the country you're going to. When you get a passport request, contact that visa office and request them to allow you to submit your passport to the local VAC/VFS (or in some countries, directly to that local visa office)
Thank you so much for your kind reply. that really helps!

I have a concern though what do you mean by contacting and requesting the embassy? In my case it is Abu Dhabi embassy. What if I leave Canada and then the embassy says that they cannot accept my passport?

Do you know of any case that have gone through this? Actually I just need to make sure that I would be eligible to return.

Highly appreciate your help.
Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have a concern though what do you mean by contacting and requesting the embassy? In my case it is Abu Dhabi embassy. What if I leave Canada and then the embassy says that they cannot accept my passport?

Do you know of any case that have gone through this? Actually I just need to make sure that I would be eligible to return.
In the last couple of years, there have been a number of applicants who have had their visas stamped in the countries they were visiting/not by the visa offices where they had applied from. This is normal and doable.

When you get a passport request, contact both CPC-O and Abu Dhabi visa office to reconfirm your passport submission to the Abu Dhabi VO.

You may even contact both these visa offices pro-actively now if you want to be double sure

Reactions: Shezzy

Shezzy

Aug 14, 2014
In the last couple of years, there have been a number of applicants who have had their visas stamped in the countries they were visiting/not by the visa offices where they had applied from. This is normal and doable.

When you get a passport request, contact both CPC-O and Abu Dhabi visa office to reconfirm your passport submission to the Abu Dhabi VO.

You may even contact both these visa offices pro-actively now if you want to be double sure
Thank you very much for your kind suggestions! They were really informative.

The TRV got approved today applied 7th Dec inside canada and PPR 7th Feb 2018.

All the people waiting my best wishes with them. Have a good one

Reactions: kira260

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

So glad it has worked out well for you :)

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017

Great News, Congratulations.