+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bachelor of Law (LLB) ECA

Karan90

Jun 17, 2019
Does anyone got correct assessment for LLB as professional degree?
And if yes then from whom WES or IQAS?

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hi guys,

I have a civil law bachelor degree (3 years) which was determined by WES as follows:

Creditential: Diplome de Licence (Licentiate Diploma)
Year: 2010
Awarded by: University of [X]
Major/Specialization: Law
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's Degree(four years)

On top of that, I have 2 Master of Laws degrees.

Can I file my Bachelor as a "professional degree" safely or do you think they will cause trouble?

Do you think I should even bother to file my bachelor as a professional degree given the fact that I have 2 Masters Degrees anyway? Will I lose points?

Also, I am a non-admitted lawyer. I work as a lawyer at a law firm here but I exclusively do contract and corporate transactional work which does not required bar admission in the jurisdiction (in the EU). I am nonetheless admitted in New York.

Do you think I should file in NOC 4112 or should I file as a paralegal in NOC 4211? I'm worried they will reject my filing under NOC 4112 because I am not licensed in the jurisdiction I work in.

Thanks so much for y'all help!!

parimalshah8

Apr 7, 2017
I have sent my document to iqas for assessment of law degree .... timeline is given below.

Documents sent to speed post : 6th june 2019
Delivered confirm by post portal :17th june 2019
University sent transcripts : 27th July 2019

Iqad status :" Submitted" since online application.

I am worried why the status not updated

Apr 28, 2019
I have sent my document to iqas for assessment of law degree .... timeline is given below.

Documents sent to speed post : 6th june 2019
Delivered confirm by post portal :17th june 2019
University sent transcripts : 27th July 2019

Iqad status :" Submitted" since online application.

I am worried why the status not updated

Usually takes 3-4 months for IQAS to update the status. The whole process takes about 6 months. If you have gotten the documents delivered by 27 June (I assume), expect the status to be updated by 27th October (give or take a couple of weeks).

Reactions: parimalshah8

Raman@90

Mar 26, 2019
Hi guys,
Could you please help me
I have done LLB from India now I am PR in Canada from where I can evaluate my documents ?

V_s

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hii
Can any1 please tell what are exact credentials for LLB(3yr) from Panjab University,India ?

Silversurfer1

Jun 26, 2019
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Further to the post above, can somebody who got their LLB degree evaluated as a 'Bachelor's Degree' by WES but mentioned it as a professional degree while applying on CIC, share their letter of explanation? I have applied to IQAS, but that's going to take around 4-5 months.

Also, for clarity, while applying to CIC there are two options: (A) first, the field that says "level of education (required)"; and (B) second, "level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on ECA report...".

Can one write "master's degree, or professional degree" in B even if ECA body (WES) has actually evaluated it as a "Bachelor's Degree". Wouldn't that be misrepresentation?

Thanks in Advance!
I'm in the same boat as well and would love to see a letter template to explain to explain this.