+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bachelor of Law (LLB) ECA

mapleleaf523

Apr 12, 2019
Hi, I am new here. Pls guide. I have completed my B. Com, M. Com, Llb and Llm all from the Mumbai university. I am really confused as to which degree to use to get the required points. While checking with Wes on their website and after entering my details, I have received a mail from Wes that my degree is Bachelors and masters degree for each (commerce & law). What does that mean. Pls explain.

Pls add me in ur what’s app group. My no is 9833627953.
Thanks for the replies....
Go for the highest degree evaluation, hence in your case Masters. You only need ECA for your highest degree.

amaka1802

Jun 11, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am in the same boat as well. I have an undergraduate law degree from UK and ICESC assessed my degree as 4 year bachelors degree, I am thinking about reassessing it from IQAS but it takes a very long time. I contacted CIC on Facebook and they replied the following: ''Hi. Since a Bachelor of Law is one of the degrees we consider a professional degree, it will count as one even if WES assesses your education as a four-year bachelor. You can find out more about degrees and how we classify them here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html Hope this helps!''.

Any suggestions on this and has anyone experienced it and does it actually work?
Hi what’s the update on this ??

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Yes, absolutely I agree with you! The message I got is from CIC's official facebook page and what's said by them is accurate or not but definitely, it doesn't make sense. I am going to go ahead with my application and I am going to furnish them with screenshots of my question and CIC's response as evidence. Fingers crossed for the outcome!
Did you go ahead with it? I also tried contacting CIC on FB. Got the same reply. This ambiguity is killing me.

nklrwt

May 19, 2019
Delhi, Delhi/NCR,
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Well I just received my WES report for a LLB degree from Amity University in India.
They considered it as a "First professional degree in law (Juris Doctor)".
I was expecting it to be a Bachelors degree and when was willing to write to CIC for clarification. However, WES gave me the professional tag, so no need to write to CIC regarding this anymore.

Reactions: Mr_Vino and MDN

Vaid@pal

Jun 8, 2017
hi nklwrt
congrates
but i want to know about that yours llb degree is 3 years or 5 years.
kindly reply
thanks