+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bachelor of Law (LLB) ECA

idonor

Oct 20, 2015
Oh wow. There are more of us. I agree. We need to collectively draw the attention of IRCC to this mess so that they can fix it once and for all. Why is there so much confusion on this issue? Someone told me that another lawyer with the exact same ECA report recently got PPR. This issue either has to be fixed at the IRCC end or at the end of the Credential Evaluation Agencies.

I hope you’ve written to them concerning your own application and pointed out the error in the assessment. When’s your AOR? I’ll let you know if there’s any progress on my application.
My AOR is Aug 7, 2018. I`d send you a message with my number. As we speak my application is in my LVO, outside naija.

parimalshah8

Apr 7, 2017
Hello friends,
I am newbie here , i am in the same boat , i have Bcom , LLb (3 years ) degree , in my case i have 3 degree 1 for Bcom , 1 for LLB general, 1 for LLB special. I recently collected transcripts from colleges and want to process ECA but i am confused between wes and iqas ,,,, i gone through your blogs and found some problem with wes evaluation. So should i go with iqas ,,,?? Pleasr suggest.or add me in the grp too
Thanks in advance.

Dee9191

May 17, 2019
Hello friends,
I am newbie here , i am in the same boat , i have Bcom , LLb (3 years ) degree , in my case i have 3 degree 1 for Bcom , 1 for LLB general, 1 for LLB special. I recently collected transcripts from colleges and want to process ECA but i am confused between wes and iqas ,,,, i gone through your blogs and found some problem with wes evaluation. So should i go with iqas ,,,?? Pleasr suggest.or add me in the grp too
Thanks in advance.
If your goal is to claim points for your LLB as a professional degree, go for IQAS.

nklrwt

May 19, 2019
Delhi, Delhi/NCR,
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,
Just like Parimal Shah above, I also have a B.Com degree from Delhi University and an LLB Degree from Amity University.
Considering that LLB is considered as a professional degree, should I just send the LLB Degree for ECA of should I send both of them.

Also, since IQAS takes a very long period to process results, I was thinking of going for WES. However, WES might consider it as a Bahelors Degree. But on the forums I've read that despite WES mentioning it as a Bachelors Degree, while applying on CIC, you can post it under professional and write a letter of explanation. Is this correct?

P.S. Both degree would have to be sent separately by both the institutions while the copy of the degrees I'll have to send out. Right?

Would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in Advance!

Reactions: relyris
Apr 28, 2019
Further to the post above, can somebody who got their LLB degree evaluated as a 'Bachelor's Degree' by WES but mentioned it as a professional degree while applying on CIC, share their letter of explanation? I have applied to IQAS, but that's going to take around 4-5 months.

Also, for clarity, while applying to CIC there are two options: (A) first, the field that says "level of education (required)"; and (B) second, "level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on ECA report...".

Can one write "master's degree, or professional degree" in B even if ECA body (WES) has actually evaluated it as a "Bachelor's Degree". Wouldn't that be misrepresentation?

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Everyone,
Just like Parimal Shah above, I also have a B.Com degree from Delhi University and an LLB Degree from Amity University.
Considering that LLB is considered as a professional degree, should I just send the LLB Degree for ECA of should I send both of them.

Also, since IQAS takes a very long period to process results, I was thinking of going for WES. However, WES might consider it as a Bahelors Degree. But on the forums I've read that despite WES mentioning it as a Bachelors Degree, while applying on CIC, you can post it under professional and write a letter of explanation. Is this correct?

P.S. Both degree would have to be sent separately by both the institutions while the copy of the degrees I'll have to send out. Right?

Thanks in Advance!

Reactions: Silversurfer1

Dee9191

May 17, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in Advance!
Stick with IQAS. It’s a long wait but it’s for the best.

@ whether to evaluate the two degrees, your call. If only the LLB gives you the points you need, evaluate only the LLB through IQAS. If you need more points, evaluate the BCom too. But if you are evaluating two degrees, it will add to the length of the processing time by a couple of weeks.

Reactions: nklrwt

Dee9191

May 17, 2019
Further to the post above, can somebody who got their LLB degree evaluated as a 'Bachelor's Degree' by WES but mentioned it as a professional degree while applying on CIC, share their letter of explanation? I have applied to IQAS, but that's going to take around 4-5 months.

Also, for clarity, while applying to CIC there are two options: (A) first, the field that says "level of education (required)"; and (B) second, "level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on ECA report...".

Can one write "master's degree, or professional degree" in B even if ECA body (WES) has actually evaluated it as a "Bachelor's Degree". Wouldn't that be misrepresentation?

Thanks in Advance!
Don’t take the risk. Patiently wait for your IQAS report.

nklrwt

May 19, 2019
Delhi, Delhi/NCR,
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Stick with IQAS. It’s a long wait but it’s for the best.

@ whether to evaluate the two degrees, your call. If only the LLB gives you the points you need, evaluate only the LLB through IQAS. If you need more points, evaluate the BCom too. But if you are evaluating two degrees, it will add to the length of the processing time by a couple of weeks.

Thank you or the quick reply.

Just one more question. Could I send the degrees to IQAS by myself or is it mandatory for the institute to send them? I want to send both the transcripts and the copies of the degree in a single big envelope myself so that they all reach in one go instead of three envelopes (2 transcripts from different institutes plus on envelope containing copies of my degrees).

Dee9191

May 17, 2019
Thank you or the quick reply.

Just one more question. Could I send the degrees to IQAS by myself or is it mandatory for the institute to send them? I want to send both the transcripts and the copies of the degree in a single big envelope myself so that they all reach in one go instead of three envelopes (2 transcripts from different institutes plus on envelope containing copies of my degrees).
Yes I believe IQAS mentions on their website that applicants can send their transcripts and other required documents themselves as long as it is in a sealed envelope stamped by the Registrar or whoever is in charge of academic records at the school. You can double-check this on the website to be very sure.

nklrwt

May 19, 2019
Delhi, Delhi/NCR,
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yes I believe IQAS mentions on their website that applicants can send their transcripts and other required documents themselves as long as it is in a sealed envelope stamped by the Registrar or whoever is in charge of academic records at the school. You can double-check this on the website to be very sure.
But i wanted to send both the sealed documents provided by the institutes in one big envelope which I would send (it wont be sealed by the institutes, but the transcripts inside that big envelope will be). So if the outside big envelope isn't sealed by the institute, will they even open it to see the inside sealed envelopes.

Sorry for such a confusing question. But would love if you could help!

Dee9191

May 17, 2019
But i wanted to send both the sealed documents provided by the institutes in one big envelope which I would send (it wont be sealed by the institutes, but the transcripts inside that big envelope will be). So if the outside big envelope isn't sealed by the institute, will they even open it to see the inside sealed envelopes.

Sorry for such a confusing question. But would love if you could help!
Yes, I think that’s okay. What matters is that the envelope containing each transcript is stamped and sealed.

If you want to be double sure, you can send them an email or place a call to confirm. But I really think it’s okay.

Reactions: nklrwt

Jindagi

May 19, 2019
hi all, any one is aware as to how does CES evaluate the degree for lawyers, who have done a 5 year integrated course post 12 std, i am confused as to should I opt for CES or IQAS, I have done my law from Mumbai University, and since IQAS takes alot of time I was therefore considering if I should evaluate my degrees from CES, but unaware as to how will they evaluate it as Masters or 4 years degree of bachelors or as Bachelors of LAW, could some one please assist me.

thank you