Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks Hari! Was only trying to check if there was any such case where Avr didn’t go as per planned! Wanted to know on what grounds the officer can reject the entry, you know just to be prepared on that front ! Also, which bridge you think is better for landing ? Ambassador or peace ?
As long as you have I94 extended by uscis then you are fine. Just take proof (payslip/employerletter) that you are still working. Not a big deal.
Just answer only the questions they ask. Ambasaddor/tunnel which i travel - both are fine - no difference. I never traveled through Peace bridge but wont make any difference.
For landing, its about the port at cbsa and i dont expect any difference when it comes to PR process. So just choose based on your convenience.

Venky666

Aug 20, 2020
As long as you have I94 extended by uscis then you are fine. Just take proof (payslip/employerletter) that you are still working. Not a big deal.
Just answer only the questions they ask. Ambasaddor/tunnel which i travel - both are fine - no difference. I never traveled through Peace bridge but wont make any difference.
For landing, its about the port at cbsa and i dont expect any difference when it comes to PR process. So just choose based on your convenience.
Thank you buddy!

im2gaurav

Jun 16, 2018
Hi,

My PR application was approved after 18 March 2020. Can I do land border landing by showing them just the 14 day quarantine stay. Then later I am planning to come back. I am planning to go by my own car. Please advise if this would be rite thing to do.

rahmath8121

May 3, 2019
Hello,

I have recently received my COPR and will have to do my landing process shortly in canada. I am in US and initially was on F1 and then applied for H1B which got approved and started the H1B status from October 1 2019. I have not left the country and do not have a H1B visa stamped.I have the F1 visa in my passport which is valid till 2021. I have two questions:

1. Does change of status from F1 to H1B mean that the F1 stamp existing on my passport is expired?
2. Can I use AVR to reenter the country with approved I-797 document and current I-94 which is D/S as expiry date when I first entered United states on F1?

Please help in a lot of confusion...Thanks in advance!!!!

im2gaurav

Jun 16, 2018
Recently completed my soft landing from Peace Bridge. I told that I want to return back to the US. I was then asked to park my car and go to the officer for the formalities. Things went smoothly. I was told my PR card will be delivered at US address. I was surprise to know that.

Also I was told that this will not be considered as your first landing. When I decide to settle in later I can fill and submit the import goods documents. They dint accepted my import good documents.

Anyone faced the same situation?

rahmath8121

May 3, 2019
Hello All,

I am new to this channel. I had few queries regarding soft landing and using AVR

I have received my COPR before March 18th 2020 and will have to do my landing process shortly . Planning to do soft landing via land Detroit Sarnia Border. I am in US and initially was on F1 and then applied for H1B which got approved and started the H1B status from October 1 2019. I have not left the country and do not have a H1B visa stamped.I have the F1 visa in my passport which is valid till 2021. I have two questions:

1. Does change of status from F1 to H1B mean that the F1 stamp existing on my passport is expired?
2. Can I use AVR to reenter the country with approved I-797 document and current I-94 which is D/S as expiry date when I first entered United states on F1?
3. What happens if I complete my soft landing in canada via land border and after the processing for PR at canada border I try to enter US via AVR, and for some reason(just being extra cautious) they do not allow me to enter, can I go back to canada and continue as PR on the same day?

Thanks in advance!!!!

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi All,
I got the passport request letter for PR. I live in US and my previous COPR expired in July. I didn't raise a webform for travel. I wasn't asked for any supporting documentation.

1. Anyone else in this situation?
2. Any idea what will be the new expiry?
3. For people in US, would you risk traveling on H1B now with auto revalidation? I don't have a valid visa.
4. Do we need to travel with family or can they arrive later?
5. I can't go permanently, planning to just come back in couple of weeks. Any thoughts?

Any help here is greatly appreciated!

aj4pals

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hi,
I completed my soft landing yesterday at Windsor Tunnel. While coming back to the US, I used AVR. They sent me in for secondary questioning and the officer inside told me that it was a waste of time as my case didn’t require questioning. What worries me is I was not handed a new i94, nor the i94 online updated with new “Admit Until” date. Also, they didn’t stamp my passport with the admit until date as they do when we fly to US. The secondary officer just told me I was good to go. Is this normal?

Thanks.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi,
I completed my soft landing yesterday at Windsor Tunnel. While coming back to the US, I used AVR. They sent me in for secondary questioning and the officer inside told me that it was a waste of time as my case didn’t require questioning. What worries me is I was not handed a new i94, nor the i94 online updated with new “Admit Until” date. Also, they didn’t stamp my passport with the admit until date as they do when we fly to US. The secondary officer just told me I was good to go. Is this normal?

Thanks.
Yes everything is normal. In land borders, passports are not stamped and they normally don't issue new i94. They are basically readmitting you in same i94 number. Your trip will appear in your travel history associated with your i94 online. No need to worry about this or nothing needs to be fixed.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi,

Thanks.
Yes, I have been inside many times. As a commuter, some officers will (not all) tell me that this is just random secondary inspection and ask me to wait for sometime inside and then they verify(or sometimes ask questions on where i work, company, job etc) and then ask me to go ahead without new I94.

If they dont issue new I94 then it doesnt get updated on the I94 online but you can see the recent exit and recent entry in the history which is what needed. As long as the validity online still shows like how you wanted then no issues.

aj4pals

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Yes, I have been inside many times. As a commuter, some officers will (not all) tell me that this is just random secondary inspection and ask me to wait for sometime inside and then they verify(or sometimes ask questions on where i work, company, job etc) and then ask me to go ahead without new I94.

If they dont issue new I94 then it doesnt get updated on the I94 online but you can see the recent exit and recent entry in the history which is what needed. As long as the validity online still shows like how you wanted then no issues.
The current i94 I have at the bottom of i797 shows the same number as the online i94 which was generated the last time I reentered from a trip to India in June 2015 with then valid Visa stamp. The only difference is that the online i94 shows an Admit Until date of 10/10/2015 based of my last valid visa stamp expiry and the one on i797 shows Admit until date of 2/7/2023. Is it safe to assume the one on i797 is what matters to say if I am in status or out of status?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
The current i94 I have at the bottom of i797 shows the same number as the online i94 which was generated the last time I reentered from a trip to India in June 2015 with then valid Visa stamp. The only difference is that the online i94 shows an Admit Until date of 10/10/2015 based of my last valid visa stamp expiry and the one on i797 shows Admit until date of 2/7/2023. Is it safe to assume the one on i797 is what matters to say if I am in status or out of status?
Was your I797 issued after your entry from India? If so then no issues as it wont show updated date online without them issuing new I94.
As long as it shows in the history on your exit and entry it should be fine. Does your history show these?

aj4pals

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Was your I797 issued after your entry from India? If so then no issues as it wont show updated date online without them issuing new I94.
As long as it shows in the history on your exit and entry it should be fine. Does your history show these?
Yes, online I-94 shows last entry as June 15th 2015 where as online travel history shows only departure and arrival that happened yesterday.

aj4pals

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
And yes i797 was issued earlier this year.