+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR) to enter USA

akshayde

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Mine expired few weeks back and the one of the guys in the threads received this email:

According to our records, you have indicated that you are now ready to travel to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident. Currently, only CoPR holders whose travel to Canada is considered essential are able to enter Canada. In addition, some public health measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Canada.

Accordingly, we ask that you confirm that you are able to fulfill the requirements described below. In order for IRCC to determine if you can indeed travel to Canada, you must provide the following:

1. Your plans to live and settle in Canada upon arrival
· documents to support your living situation in Canada (i.e. address, lease agreement, home ownership document)
· employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
· any other relevant information.
Thank you for sharing the information. Does that mean the person has to show all of the above mentioned in the list? or anyone proof is fine.

Reactions: ShraddhaP

wondergirl88

Jul 19, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am on H1B and recently transferred to a new employer. On my Indian passport, my old employer visa stamping is there.

Can I come back to the USA on AVR from Canada even though I do not have any visa stamped with my new employer(I have I797 with a new employer)?

Can I enter Canada via road from Niagra? Or is it better to go by Air to Toronto?

I want to just do the soft landing. So, If Canada Agent will ask about my stay, what should we answer? any tips.

Thanks.

praveen07cse

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am on H1B and recently transferred to a new employer. On my Indian passport, my old employer visa stamping is there.

Can I come back to the USA on AVR from Canada even though I do not have any visa stamped with my new employer(I have I797 with a new employer)?

Can I enter Canada via road from Niagra? Or is it better to go by Air to Toronto?

I want to just do the soft landing. So, If Canada Agent will ask about my stay, what should we answer? any tips.

Thanks.
If your stamped visa is still not expired, you are good. You will travel as usual. There is no need for a visa with new employer.

Since you would have visa, you will be allowed to enter without any issue. Even if you dont have visa, AVR is still working for lot of folks. You will be able to enter without issues.

Yes. you can enter via land as well as by air. its your preference. We have successful entry via both route.

It depends on the agent whom you are ending up with. 99% of the people who entered through road were able to make a U turn immediately after landing. For one person they asked to apply for PR card when he is moving permanently.
Please check below post for all successful landing and their experience.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-soft-landing-from-us-after-eo.693114/

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
You just need valid I94. I assume that its printed by uscis in your new I797. Thats all you need.
Road/Air: Road is preferred to avoid crowd and reduce your exposure during this period.

wondergirl88

Jul 19, 2020
If your stamped visa is still not expired, you are good. You will travel as usual. There is no need for a visa with new employer.

Since you would have visa, you will be allowed to enter without any issue. Even if you dont have visa, AVR is still working for lot of folks. You will be able to enter without issues.

Yes. you can enter via land as well as by air. its your preference. We have successful entry via both route.

It depends on the agent whom you are ending up with. 99% of the people who entered through road were able to make a U turn immediately after landing. For one person they asked to apply for PR card when he is moving permanently.
Please check below post for all successful landing and their experience.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-soft-landing-from-us-after-eo.693114/
Thanks Praveen.

Aliya45

Apr 30, 2020
Here is my experience.
We landed by road at the Lewiston–Queenston bridge, stayed in quarantine for 14 days and then came back using the Peace bridge using AVR.
1) You can land if your COPR was approved after March 18th and you are traveling from the U.S.
2) You can enter the U.S back using AVR without any issues. It is not affected by the new E.O.

im2gaurav

Jun 16, 2018
Here is my experience.
We landed by road at the Lewiston–Queenston bridge, stayed in quarantine for 14 days and then came back using the Peace bridge using AVR.
1) You can land if your COPR was approved after March 18th and you are traveling from the U.S.
2) You can enter the U.S back using AVR without any issues. It is not affected by the new E.O.
Did you use rental car or your own car?

im2gaurav

Jun 16, 2018
Hi,

Did anybody who is PNP candidate did their landing in other province? I wanted to check if this can be done in this situation as it will be helpful to rather take a rental car and come back from other province which is near by as flight always has a risk to the exposure.

Anky2449

Jan 15, 2020
Based on yesterday's update on the travel ban, I believe it should not be a problem to travel to US using AVR correct even though the visa is expired but there is a valid I-94?

"Applicants seeking to resume ongoing employment in the US in the same position with the same employer and visa classification. "Forcing employers to replace employees in this situation may cause financial hardship," the notice said"

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Based on yesterday's update on the travel ban, I believe it should not be a problem to travel to US using AVR correct even though the visa is expired but there is a valid I-94?

"Applicants seeking to resume ongoing employment in the US in the same position with the same employer and visa classification. "Forcing employers to replace employees in this situation may cause financial hardship," the notice said"
even before this update there was never an issue with AVR.. there are plenty of recent experiences on this topic in other threads in this forum. why don't you check that?

im2gaurav

Jun 16, 2018
U-turn to US using AVR after landing. No new i-94 issued. Visited deferred inspection site today for clarity and they won't put an entry stamp or help with i-94, saying since I used AVR and wasn't referred to secondary inspection.
My company lawyers said this is fine and I'm in valid H1B status.
Hi,
Which bridge did you use? Did you asked Canada officer for returning to USA at the same time or Officers suggested on their own?

Venky666

Aug 20, 2020
@hello people! I was planning on completing my landing formalities next weekend! I would like to know if there was any case in the past where avr didn’t come through as expected ? I have only seen success stories, can I assume it’s foolproof if you have a valid I797 and I-94?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
@hello people! I was planning on completing my landing formalities next weekend! I would like to know if there was any case in the past where avr didn’t come through as expected ? I have only seen success stories, can I assume it’s foolproof if you have a valid I797 and I-94?
I am not sure why you are asking this question even after seeing people's entry using avr.
No one can guarantee anyone's entry/reentry. You need to decide if you want to travel or not.

Venky666

Aug 20, 2020
I am not sure why you are asking this question even after seeing people's entry using avr.
No one can guarantee anyone's entry/reentry. You need to decide if you want to travel or not.
Thanks Hari! Was only trying to check if there was any such case where Avr didn’t go as per planned! Wanted to know on what grounds the officer can reject the entry, you know just to be prepared on that front ! Also, which bridge you think is better for landing ? Ambassador or peace ?