+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian or NZ applicants - share timeline here !!

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
NicJohn said:
Yeah I have heard. I am applying inland so have at least a 3 month wait.. Though am hoping for a nice Christmas present from CIC :)
Ouch, the processing times for inland applications are ridiculous. I'll cross my fingers for you guys. How long have you lived in Canada? Are you on a work visa or visitor?

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
Yeah they are crazy, but was the best way for us to go, so that i could continue to work while waiting for an answer.

Ive been in Canada since Oct 2010, so just gone 2 years :)

On a work visa, but since that expired on Oct 12, 2012 I am now "Implied Status" just means my visa is valid with all the same stuff, just cant leave the country until i get my OWP...

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
NicJohn said:
Yeah they are crazy, but was the best way for us to go, so that i could continue to work while waiting for an answer.

Ive been in Canada since Oct 2010, so just gone 2 years :)

On a work visa, but since that expired on Oct 12, 2012 I am now "Implied Status" just means my visa is valid with all the same stuff, just cant leave the country until i get my OWP...

Whaaa? You can remain on implied status while waiting for the inland application? Is that right?

If so, I probably should have gone that route. I was here on a work visa for 2 years, applied for a change of status to a visitor after it expired & sat on implied status for a couple of months in between. Lost my drivers licence and right to work during that time though. Had no idea!

Should probably add that I chose to go the outland route as I really didn't know whether I'd get the extension after my WHP expired.

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
Yeah, as long as the application for sponsorship and an application to extend visa is recieved by CIC before the expiry of the visa, you go on Implied Status. Everythin about that visa stays the same. If you have a work one, you can work, study one - study, etc..

Only thing that Im unsure about is my SIN as it expired along with my visa. But Service Canada and CIC have told me it should be OK. My employer is ok with it - so far...

I have Implied Status until they refuse or accept my visa extension application. But that gets looked at after AIP... And they will see both applications, so they shouldnt refuse..

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
bagelbagel81 said:
Hey chipits! Welcome.
Will be happy to help with what I know!

You are correct - Currently the waiting time is around 65 for Stage 1- Sponsor AOR/approval. (AOR- Acknowledgement of Receipt)CIC are currently working on August 13 applications. This date and number of days is updated weekly on the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Most people have been getting emails after that timeframe, either by way of an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) or straight Sponsor approval. You might also get the approval letter in the mail, which can take up to 2-3 weeks,in addition to the initial 65 days, to receive.
In my case I didn't receive anything! However was able to ring CIC after my date had passed the current processing time and they told me over the phone we had sponsor approval and they had sent us an email (they hadn't though!)

The file is then transfered to Sydney and you will receive an AOR from them when it arrives. This is received by email.
From then it is anyone's guess how long it will take for the passport request, however from others' timelines it has been anywhere from 2.5-8 months. (It says 8 months on the CIC website). This time is calculated from the day Sydney VO receives it.

ECAS is pretty unreliable. For instance, after 3.5 months, mine only says "Application received 11 July, Medical results have been received". (However I have sponsor approval and an AOR from Sydney VO already), So you will probably know of your status before it is updated on E-CAS. Sometimes applicants' statuses go straight from "Application Received" to "Decision Made" despite the long processing times, so it can create more concern than needed, but at the very least shows you have been inputted into the system!

There is another system that a long-time member of this forum created called an E-Tracker : https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/
Which after registering can send emails to you directly on the status of your application. This site isn't related to CIC at all, so some people are cautious to input their details, however many other forum members have used it effectively (I am registered myself!)

So I think that's about it. Hopefully I have answered most of your questions. Feel free to ask if you have any more- we are all more than happy to help, as we are all going through the same thing!
Thank you so much!! You have no idea how much I appreciate you taking the time to write that all out for me! Thanks a ton :D

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!

msbcd

Oct 22, 2012
Good Day,

I'm glad to have found this forum and am hoping some of our questions will be answered.
My husband and I got married in January here in Canada. He is a Canadian citizen and I am a South African born New Zealander(Permanent Resident.)
Our spousal sponsorship application was received March 19th 2012. What we're a little confused about is that for some reason we sent the application to Mississauga which deals with outland applications only. They said it doesn't matter and will probably take less time. We, however have no timeline to follow then since it is not certain which guideline to follow(me being from NZ, but a SA'n citizen, applying from within Canada.)
In July he received the 'eligibility' letter, and now since he found a teaching position in Northern Quebec, we now live here. We had to apply for a CSQ, which should take a few weeks. Other than that, we would truly appreciate any advice on what stage we're in or how long it is still to take.

Thank you in advance,
-B

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
msbcd said:
Good Day,

I'm glad to have found this forum and am hoping some of our questions will be answered.
My husband and I got married in January here in Canada. He is a Canadian citizen and I am a South African born New Zealander(Permanent Resident.)
Our spousal sponsorship application was received March 19th 2012. What we're a little confused about is that for some reason we sent the application to Mississauga which deals with outland applications only. They said it doesn't matter and will probably take less time. We, however have no timeline to follow then since it is not certain which guideline to follow(me being from NZ, but a SA'n citizen, applying from within Canada.)
In July he received the 'eligibility' letter, and now since he found a teaching position in Northern Quebec, we now live here. We had to apply for a CSQ, which should take a few weeks. Other than that, we would truly appreciate any advice on what stage we're in or how long it is still to take.

Thank you in advance,
-B
Have you tried logging in to e-cas to check the status - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en? Your sponsor should have a UCI number on the eligibility letter.

I would imagine that your file has been transferred to the SA office for processing, and is currently in process there, as you are a citizen of SA and applying outland.

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
NicJohn said:
Yeah, as long as the application for sponsorship and an application to extend visa is recieved by CIC before the expiry of the visa, you go on Implied Status. Everythin about that visa stays the same. If you have a work one, you can work, study one - study, etc..

Only thing that Im unsure about is my SIN as it expired along with my visa. But Service Canada and CIC have told me it should be OK. My employer is ok with it - so far...

I have Implied Status until they refuse or accept my visa extension application. But that gets looked at after AIP... And they will see both applications, so they shouldnt refuse..
Oh, sweet deal. Wish I had known this earlier - live and learn I suppose :)

tom111

Jun 29, 2012
Hello everyone✌
I'm canadien and my wife Vietnamese,she study in Sydney Australia,me I live in Quebec and working. We get married last month when I come to visit her in Sydney. We almost finish with our forms and waiting for her medical exam and police certificat. I hope it will not take long since her student visa is about to expire in few months.we decided that it will be much better to take other courses,it's the only option to renew her visa and stay in Australia.I saw that Vietnam take around 24months instead of 8months for Australia ,I was wondering how long ppls from australia wait in average ?

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
7/12/2012 with or without visa :)
tom111, average applications thru Sydney visa office take around 6-8 months - way faster than the Vietnam thru Singapore route, so good luck there.

however, i'm not sure how they categorise your wife's case - since she's only here for study and does not have permanent residency or citizenship in Australia - i read somewhere in either this thread or the other sydney thread that someone whose file was forwarded onto the country of origin visa (in his case New Dehli) to process - that freaked me out big time when I read it - so just a caution for you there.

tom111

Jun 29, 2012
Yes miniejungle we were worried about that too but we can't really do anything so just hoping that they don't forward us to Singapoure, since it doesn't make any sense she wasn't in vietname last 4years and we don't provide any adresses of vietname except her parents, as soon we gonna know that I will post here.

Andy A

Oct 13, 2012
Hi Rachiy,
Just wanted to update you that we received our AOR (notification of receipt) for Stage 2 from the Sydney office today -- 31 October -- to update the spreadsheet.

Cheers,
Andy A

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012