+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian or NZ applicants - share timeline here !!

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
misskay said:
Hi All, Just wanted to share that I landed yesterday - now I'm just waiting for my PR card. The entire process took approx six months from initial application (April). Sydney have been a very good VO to deal with, they have worked quickly and have been responsive to all communication and concerns. I'm confident you're all in good hands :)

Will stick around on the forums to help anyone who needs a hand with the process.
Congrats misskay!! Welcome to Canada! We're still waiting to see "in process" on ecas, starting to feel really down. :(

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
miniejungle said:
Sydney VO just replied me regarding my query of extending the deadline... so on average it takes about 1 week for them to answer.

im praying my police checks are going to be ready in time.... *fingers and toes crossed*
minie what is the looming deadline? Are your meds about to expire? The worst case scenario is having to redo the meds, right?

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
Canstralian/Oznadian said:
Congrats misskay!! Welcome to Canada! We're still waiting to see "in process" on ecas, starting to feel really down. :(
Urghh that is crazy Canstralian....you were a month before me! Did you have a complicated application? A lot of travel history for them to check?

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
misskay said:
Urghh that is crazy Canstralian....you were a month before me! Did you have a complicated application? A lot of travel history for them to check?
[/quote

I thought our application was pretty straight forward. My hubby is divorced and has one son who would qualify as a "dependent child", we had him get a police check and medical even though he isn't coming to Canada. The only thing I can think is that we didn't pay the fee to have him examined. We thought that was only if he was coming. That being said, if that's what is missing from our application, I would have thought they would have requested it. We haven't heard a word since the AOR from Sydney.

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
7/12/2012 with or without visa :)
Canstralian/Oznadian, you should email Sydney to ask. They will reply you surely, although it's a bit slow.

good luck.

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
misskay said:
minie what is the looming deadline? Are your meds about to expire? The worst case scenario is having to redo the meds, right?
misskay, it's the deadline they give me to obtain the police checks... im having nightmares because of these... esp. the one from Vietnam, they are such a pain in the a** to redo. i had to travel there the last time and it took almost 2 months. :mad:

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
Congrats miskay. My wait has just begun!!

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Hey guys, I got my stage 2 AOR from Sydney last night. I was feeling a little lonely as the only July applicant who hadn't received it yet (and the first to submit!), so I am happy I have it now.

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
NicJohn said:
Congrats miskay. My wait has just begun!!
Thanks NicJohn and good luck to you! Waiting for AOR for that first stage has to be the most difficult part of the process, in my opinion.

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
Yeah I have heard. I am applying inland so have at least a 3 month wait.. Though am hoping for a nice Christmas present from CIC :)

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
rachiy said:
Hey guys, I got my stage 2 AOR from Sydney last night. I was feeling a little lonely as the only July applicant who hadn't received it yet (and the first to submit!), so I am happy I have it now.
congrats rachiy :)

it will be your turn soon!

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
Hey, can someone help me out with the timelines and acronyms?

We put in our application on Wednesday, it arrived Friday, am I correct in assuming I won't hear anything for (around) 70 days until my approval as a sponsor goes through? When it does, will I get a letter, or an email telling me I've been approved and the file has gone to Sydney? (All of my questions are assuming everything goes smoothly haha!)

Once the file goes to Sydney, what will I hear? Will it be basically nothing until they ask for the passport? Will things change on the internet, on the online checking thing? Will I get the info to check for updates on ECAS in the approval for stage 1?

Thanks guys, I'm just kind of confused as to when and how often we're going to hear from the visa people! :)

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Hey chipits! Welcome.
Will be happy to help with what I know!

You are correct - Currently the waiting time is around 65 for Stage 1- Sponsor AOR/approval. (AOR- Acknowledgement of Receipt)CIC are currently working on August 13 applications. This date and number of days is updated weekly on the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Most people have been getting emails after that timeframe, either by way of an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) or straight Sponsor approval. You might also get the approval letter in the mail, which can take up to 2-3 weeks,in addition to the initial 65 days, to receive.
In my case I didn't receive anything! However was able to ring CIC after my date had passed the current processing time and they told me over the phone we had sponsor approval and they had sent us an email (they hadn't though!)

The file is then transfered to Sydney and you will receive an AOR from them when it arrives. This is received by email.
From then it is anyone's guess how long it will take for the passport request, however from others' timelines it has been anywhere from 2.5-8 months. (It says 8 months on the CIC website). This time is calculated from the day Sydney VO receives it.

ECAS is pretty unreliable. For instance, after 3.5 months, mine only says "Application received 11 July, Medical results have been received". (However I have sponsor approval and an AOR from Sydney VO already), So you will probably know of your status before it is updated on E-CAS. Sometimes applicants' statuses go straight from "Application Received" to "Decision Made" despite the long processing times, so it can create more concern than needed, but at the very least shows you have been inputted into the system!

There is another system that a long-time member of this forum created called an E-Tracker : https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/
Which after registering can send emails to you directly on the status of your application. This site isn't related to CIC at all, so some people are cautious to input their details, however many other forum members have used it effectively (I am registered myself!)

So I think that's about it. Hopefully I have answered most of your questions. Feel free to ask if you have any more- we are all more than happy to help, as we are all going through the same thing!

chipits said:
Hey, can someone help me out with the timelines and acronyms?

We put in our application on Wednesday, it arrived Friday, am I correct in assuming I won't hear anything for (around) 70 days until my approval as a sponsor goes through? When it does, will I get a letter, or an email telling me I've been approved and the file has gone to Sydney? (All of my questions are assuming everything goes smoothly haha!)

Once the file goes to Sydney, what will I hear? Will it be basically nothing until they ask for the passport? Will things change on the internet, on the online checking thing? Will I get the info to check for updates on ECAS in the approval for stage 1?

Thanks guys, I'm just kind of confused as to when and how often we're going to hear from the visa people! :)

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
rachiy said:
Congratulations on the AOR - mine went into "In Process" pretty quickly after the AOR so keep checking!

Are you used to all this snow yet?