+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian or NZ applicants - share timeline here !!

dawndarkharp

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-12
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
At this rate, it looks like Santa will be bringing our PR! I hope, anyway! Sent more files and a case specific email to Syndey about our change of address. Hopefully they will return my email and let Santa know we've been really really good this year :3

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
I got my stage 1 AOR... took exactly three weeks and a day from when they received it, so I'm quite pleased with that, for sure!

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
7/12/2012 with or without visa :)
sydney visa office sent an aOR for the additional documents they required from me... now lets the wait officially begin... again!!!

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
got their email today.... Rachiy, please update!!!!! :D

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Your application is in the final stage of processing. In order to issue Permanent Residence visas, you are asked to complete and return Appendix ‘B’(attached) and the following instructions as indicated for yourself and each family member included on your application:

Confirm your current passport details: AUSTRALIA XXXXXXXXXXXX
Once we have received confirmation of these details and the Appendix B form we can finalise your application.
YOUR PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA WILL BE VALID FOR TRAVEL UNTIL: 17 JULY 2013

Important notes about Visa and Passport validity: You should ensure that everyone in your family has a passport valid for a minimum of 12 months from the date of the most recent full medical examination. Visas can only be issued to a maximum validity of 12 months from the date of the medical examination. (If your family has medical examinations on different dates, the validity of your visas will be 12 months from the date of the first medical examination). However, if any one of your passports expire before 12 months from the date of the medical examination, your visas will expire on the date of the first passport to expire. If your passports are due to expire, it is in your interest to obtain new or updated passports to ensure your visas are issued with maximum validity.

You are required to provide this information before: 20 DECEMBER 2012. Failure to provide this information may result in your application being refused. If you need to renew passports please advise our office of the expected delay.

You must report any changes to your marital status or family composition immediately. Once a visa is issued, dependants cannot be included on your application for Permanent Residence. Failure to declare all dependants prior to visa issuance may result in permanent separation as undeclared dependants will be ineligible for future sponsorship. Please contact our office if you have any questions concerning this condition.

Applicants or their dependants who have become pregnant during the processing of their application should be aware that they will have to enter Canada before the birth of the child. If you do not believe that you will be able to enter Canada before the birth of the child YOU MUST ADVISE OUR OFFICE IMMEDIATELY, with a doctor’s letter confirming the pregnancy and the expected due date of the baby. Do not send us your passports. We will advise you of your options.

Do NOT commit to any travel plans, purchase tickets, or take irrevocable action such as selling property, or terminate employment until you have received your passports and immigration visas.

Submission And Dispatch Of Passports: APPENDIX ‘A’

Û SUBMISSION:

We recommend you send your passports to this office by a secure/traceable method such as registered post or pre-paid courier. Please record the consignment numbers for tracking, we do not send a confirmation that passports have been received.

NOTE: You must send your passport(s) to the Sydney Visa Office for issuance as we are the office responsible for the processing of your application. It is not possible to have your visa issued by an alternate Visa Office Abroad or by CIC within Canada.

Allow 5-10 working days for the processing of your visa(s)

Send your passport(s) to:

Consulate General of Canada

Level 5, 111 Harrington Street

Sydney NSW 2000

Australia

In person:

Submit your passport(s) in-person to the Immigration Receptionist at: Level 6, 111 Harrington Street, Sydney NSW. Our reception desk is open Monday to Thursday from 09:00 to 12:00 (excluding public holidays).

Û DISPATCH:

Your passport(s) will be returned to you by this office using Registered Post or International Registered Post via Australia Post, unless you have selected an alternate method in Appendix B.

In person:

Applicants residing in the greater Sydney metropolitan region will be required to collect passport/s in person at our office. We will contact you by telephone when your visa is ready for collection.

If you have appointed a representative to collect documents on your behalf, please provide this person with the receipt and a letter, signed by you, which clearly authorizes them to collect your documents. We cannot release documents to someone else without these two items.

Pre-Paid Express Post (Australia Only)

Self addressed Australia Post Platinum Express post (3kg satchel) are acceptable for the return of passport(s) within Australia. Express Post (regular) is not.

Pre-Paid Courier

If you indicate courier delivery on the attached Appendix ‘B’ form, your passport and accompanying documents will be returned to you by courier. We require you to provide us your account number with a courier company in your country at the time of the submission of your passport (s).

Notes of Commonly Used Courier Services:

§ DHL: you must provide a valid DHL account number and a copy of receipt and letter from the DHL office/booking office.

§ FEDEX: you must provide a valid FEDEX account number. The name & address on the airway bill must match the account number being used. FEDEX Australia will not collect when credit card details are listed as payment on the airway bill.

§ TNT: you must provide a valid TNT account number. The Name & address on the airway Bill must match the account number being used

§ UPS: you must provide a valid account number. If you purchase a courier through a UPS store, you must include a copy of the receipt of purchase (to show charges paid) ensure you submit a UPS satchel or UPS Legal Sized envelope – smaller l envelopes cannot be used.

Be aware: If the courier you provide is not pre-paid your passport(s) and visa documentation will automatically be returned to you by Registered Post

International Postal Coupons or similar are not acceptable and cannot be used.

Regards,

Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
sydney.immigration@international.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone: +61 2 93643050
Facsimile | Télécopieur: +61 2 93643099
Level 5, 111 Harrington Street / 5e étage, 111 rue Harrington
Sydney NSW 2000
Australia | Australie

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Awesome news minijungle!! So is that classified as a passport request??

Hope the next stage goes super quick for you!

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
thanks bagel... I guess that is the passport request :)

I went down this morning to submit the original passport and was told the visa will be ready in 5-10 working days and they would give me a call to collect it. :D :D

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
chipits said:
That's awesome, congratulations!!! ;D
thanks chipits! i hope you all will get an update soon... i have to wait till i get the visa before celebrating, hehe...

Mel Grover

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2012
AOR Received.
02/07/2013
Med's Done....
26/09/2012
Hi,

I am an Aussie, I married an Canadian June this year. He moved back to Canada after our Honeymoon in August. We have applied for my Permanent Visa (via spouse sponcorship) at the end of October. We arent expecting to hear from Mississauga for another few weeks & are expecting an aditional 9 months processing time at Sydney after that.

My question is.....
I am looking to go over to Canada to live with my Husband early next year. But I dont want to be unemployed while I wait for my Visa to be processed. Am I able to apply for a work visa while my PR Visa is being processed. I see some people have applied for their PR Visa while they currently hold a Work Visa for canada. At some point I remember reading that I could, but I cannot find the link/source anywhere now.

Just wondering if anyone could help me out. Id hate to be away from my Husband more than I have to, but Im also not fond of the idea of leaching off him and being a housewife.

Many thanks :)

dawndarkharp

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-12
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Mel Grover said:
Hi,

I am an Aussie, I married an Canadian June this year. He moved back to Canada after our Honeymoon in August. We have applied for my Permanent Visa (via spouse sponcorship) at the end of October. We arent expecting to hear from Mississauga for another few weeks & are expecting an aditional 9 months processing time at Sydney after that.

My question is.....
I am looking to go over to Canada to live with my Husband early next year. But I dont want to be unemployed while I wait for my Visa to be processed. Am I able to apply for a work visa while my PR Visa is being processed. I see some people have applied for their PR Visa while they currently hold a Work Visa for canada. At some point I remember reading that I could, but I cannot find the link/source anywhere now.

Just wondering if anyone could help me out. Id hate to be away from my Husband more than I have to, but Im also not fond of the idea of leaching off him and being a housewife.

Hey there Mel!

I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is from New Zealand. Before we applied for PR, he came to live with me for a year with a Working Holiday Visa. I think there are age requirements for the visa, but I suggest looking into it! The visas come VERY quickly and you are able to come to Canada and work for a whole year. I think Aussies can renew their visas (unlike NZ) so I highly recommend looking into it! I don't have the Aussie link for you, but if you google it there should be lots of information - even on here! I hope that was some help to you :) The working holiday visas are really great!

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
miniejungle said:
got their email today.... Rachiy, please update!!!!! :D

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Your application is in the final stage of processing. In order to issue Permanent Residence visas, you are asked to complete and return Appendix ‘B'(attached) and the following instructions as indicated for yourself and each family member included on your application:

Yes that's a PPR. Congrats minie, you're SO CLOSE :)

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
Mel Grover said:
Hi,

My question is.....

If you are an Aussie under 30 then it's very quick & easy to get a WHP (working holiday) visa. This lasts two years and allows you to work for almost any employer in Canada.

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Hey guys, just trying to get an update from crassy, Vik81, chipits and mrlahori. You must all be getting close to hearing something from stage one, so keep us posted. The spreadsheet is depressingly quiet again after the July bump got through and thrown back in the pile.

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
Hey Raichy!

I just got the letter a couple hours ago from CIC confirming that my stage 1 has been approved. It was approved on November 15th, just took almost two weeks to get to the other side of Canada. Hopefully we'll be getting an AOR from Sydney soon, but who knows!!

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
misskay said:
Yes that's a PPR. Congrats minie, you're SO CLOSE :)
misskay, thanks... im still waiting till I have the visa in my hand.... wondering when they will call/email me for collection.... any news from others?