+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian or NZ applicants - share timeline here !!

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
chipits said:
Hey Raichy!

I just got the letter a couple hours ago from CIC confirming that my stage 1 has been approved. It was approved on November 15th, just took almost two weeks to get to the other side of Canada. Hopefully we'll be getting an AOR from Sydney soon, but who knows!!
Thats great news chipits! Congrats.

dawndarkharp

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-12
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
No news.. I sent Sydney an email to let them know our change of address and to send them additional documents for proof of our return to Canada (because we're already here!!!) but no email in return. Not sure if they'll update our address or not :/

So nervous.

JoshNZ

Jul 20, 2012
Wondering if i can get a few tips from people in a similar situation to me.

I am from New Zealand and have been with my Canadian girlfriend for over a year now but can only prove we have been living together for 3months, and so now she is looking at moving over from Canada to live with me for a year and then we can apply for common law permanent residence.

Ultimately as soon as i get the residence i will move over to be with her and settle in permanently.

What i want to know is, as it says on the form that she needs to be able to financially support me, is it a big problem for me that she is a student at university still?
obviously she has very little income to prove she can support me, but obviously in my eyes it would never come to that i would be looking after myself financially but in there eyes it might be a deal breaker for our application is that right?

I'm going through every possible option for me to make this work

Also has anyone on here had any luck with the conjugal class application? as this could suit us as we can then submit it earlier and then be able to move to Canada once we have finished our year living together over here rather then me have to stay behind and wait for my common law application to go through the months of processing.

Any information would be a huge help, it looks like a lot of people have been going through a similar situation so you know how frustrating it can be.

Thanks!

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
The university thing isn't a huge problem. They mostly just want to make sure that you're not going to go on welfare, so including things like support from parents, savings, plans for a job after university, part time income, what kind of qualifications you have, etc, is all a good idea and will almost certainly get her approved as a sponsor. You just basically need to prove you can support yourselves.

You have no chance with the conjugal application. It's designed for people who for whatever reason cannot get married (some countries don't allow divorce, for example, and so a married person cannot get re-married) and that sort of thing. Something like less than 2% of conjugal applications are actually approved.

If one of you is under 30 can you do a working holiday in the other's country?

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
dawndarkharp said:
No news.. I sent Sydney an email to let them know our change of address and to send them additional documents for proof of our return to Canada (because we're already here!!!) but no email in return. Not sure if they'll update our address or not :/

So nervous.

Dawndarkharp, we sent a case specific inquiry email changing our address in October, we've never heard a reply from Sydney. It is really crazy making!

Mel Grover

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2012
AOR Received.
02/07/2013
Med's Done....
26/09/2012
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here applied for their PR first then applied for a working holiday visa (IEC) while the PR is being processed.

This is the course I decided.

I have a feeling I should have applied for my working holiday visa first, got that granted then applied for my PR visa. As the intention of the working holiday is for "Australians to travel around Cnaada, learn the culture and undertake temp work to supplement their funds. It's intention is not/not as a means for permanent resident applicants to stay and work in Canada while waiting for their visa to come through."

Anyway, I was just interested if anyone applied for their working holiday visa after they applied for their PR visa and if they had any problems or have any advice.

Thanks

JoshNZ

Jul 20, 2012
chipits said:
The university thing isn't a huge problem. They mostly just want to make sure that you're not going to go on welfare, so including things like support from parents, savings, plans for a job after university, part time income, what kind of qualifications you have, etc, is all a good idea and will almost certainly get her approved as a sponsor. You just basically need to prove you can support yourselves.

You have no chance with the conjugal application. It's designed for people who for whatever reason cannot get married (some countries don't allow divorce, for example, and so a married person cannot get re-married) and that sort of thing. Something like less than 2% of conjugal applications are actually approved.

If one of you is under 30 can you do a working holiday in the other's country?
Thanks! Yeh i thought that was the case with the conjugal class visa.
As for the working holiday visa i have already used mine in Canada so shes gonna try do one in NZ with me to get our year living together to apply.

As we have lived together for a while in Canada over the last year does our traveling across the country together count as part of living together if we can prove paying for hotels etc?

Just the earlier we can get proof for a year living together the earlier we can get that application process done!

Thanks heaps for your help!

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
JoshNZ said:
Thanks! Yeh i thought that was the case with the conjugal class visa.
As for the working holiday visa i have already used mine in Canada so shes gonna try do one in NZ with me to get our year living together to apply.

As we have lived together for a while in Canada over the last year does our traveling across the country together count as part of living together if we can prove paying for hotels etc?

Just the earlier we can get proof for a year living together the earlier we can get that application process done!

Thanks heaps for your help!
I'm not actually certain about the travelling, but I think the problem would be in proving that you BOTH paid for the hotels and stayed there together. A lease, utility bills in both names, etc, proves that you both resided at the same address, but hotel receipts would only be paid for by one person. I would personally not count this time, since you don't want to give CIC a reason to reject your application. But maybe (hopefully, even!) someone will chime in and say I'm totally wrong and you can do it.

dawndarkharp

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-12
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Canstralian/Oznadian said:
Dawndarkharp, we sent a case specific inquiry email changing our address in October, we've never heard a reply from Sydney. It is really crazy making!
Well at least I am not alone! We shall wonder in agony together! I'm not a patient person haha ;)

Jul 9, 2012
Travelling time does count together BUT you have to show that you have joint assests for it. We had already lived together before going travelling so we had proof of setting out lives up together (rental agreements, bills, mail etc) and when we went travelling on our way back to Canada we ensured we kept all the documentation. Part of our time for common law was spent travelling but our round the world tickets were on the same itinerary, we had joint travel insurance, joint bank accounts for accessing money for travelling together and reciepts for hotels, ferrys, buses etc. We also copied all our passport entry and exit stamps to show we were in the same places at the same time with a lot of photos of us together in those places. We did email Sydney to check that travelling would count and they said it's not a problem, but highlighted the fact you need to seen a joint not just two people following the same route.

Andy A

Oct 13, 2012
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee online. Is it through the Australian office webiste or the regular CIC website?

Thanks for any assistance!

Andy A

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
Andy A said:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee online. Is it through the Australian office webiste or the regular CIC website?

Thanks for any assistance!

Andy A
Regular CIC website, you do it the same way as you do the actual application fee.

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
Woo hoo!! Just got our AOR from the Sydney office, if someone could please update the spreadsheet for me (I can never figure out how to do it myself)

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
chipits said:
Woo hoo!! Just got our AOR from the Sydney office, if someone could please update the spreadsheet for me (I can never figure out how to do it myself)
Congrats chipits!!! I have updated the spreadsheet.