+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian or NZ applicants - share timeline here !!

plee

Apr 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
chipits said:
Hahaha! Looks like yours was quite the quick process then!!
It seems like they do them in batches and I missed out on the last cutoff since miniejungle put in her app 2 weeks ahead of me but went into "processing" in september. The good news is that the process date seems to have no bearing on anything, since I am still just a few weeks behind minie despite the 3 month gap in "in process" dates.

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
By boyfriend's PPR arrived by email last night at 11:30 pm Toronto time !!!!

just like the other ones so far we have been asked to mail in photocopies along with appendix B, so I will be mailing it today as we hoping it gets to them before Christmas.

any advice on how to mail it from Canada? regular mail or express?

also, appendix B has a section about "how to return documentation" which obviously does not apply to us as we are just sending photocopies.... so I guess we just put N/A?

HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

dawndarkharp

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-12
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
bagelbagel81 said:
Dawndarkharp - you should check your E-Cas as mine like rachiy's has changed to IN PROCESS (4th Dec).

I have a feeling all us Sydney folk in July will be hearing good news soon!
Still says "received" :(

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived AIP:February 13, 2013
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Do you mind me asking what triggered your decision to come to Canada rather than sponsoring your Canadian spouse to Australia?

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
Kiwi12 said:
Do you mind me asking what triggered your decision to come to Canada rather than sponsoring your Canadian spouse to Australia?
We lived in Australia for four years, I became a permanent resident of Australia just before we'd planned on leaving (by coincidence, not by planning it that way, we actually thought I would leave before the permanent residency came through). So we've been through the entire process in Australia, it took two and a half years after our wedding.

Honestly, there wasn't much left for us in Australia. I didn't like it there. It was too hot for me, I was sick and tired of hearing racist things being said every time we met someone new, it was getting too expensive, and to be honest, I missed Canada.

My husband was happy to come along. He misses Australia sometimes, but even though his family is still over there he does like it here. Who knows, maybe we'll go back one day, but that day will be really far into the future.

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
That is very interesting. My husband came here in January to stay with me for an extended period of time because I was having shoulder surgery. I had visited him in Australia last Christmas where we became engaged. We got married here in Canada in February and decided to do an inland application here. Although it really hasn't been that long it feels like an eternity of waiting. My husband misses Australia very much and I hear about on a daily basis although much of it is because he is not able to work yet and had a very social surrounding which he hasn't been able to build yet. He is feeling a little uncomfortable with me having to support him financially. I found Australia to be so beautiful and although Canada is a beautiful country I understand my husband's point of view. Thanks for sharing.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
chipits said:
We lived in Australia for four years, I became a permanent resident of Australia just before we'd planned on leaving (by coincidence, not by planning it that way, we actually thought I would leave before the permanent residency came through). So we've been through the entire process in Australia, it took two and a half years after our wedding.

Honestly, there wasn't much left for us in Australia. I didn't like it there. It was too hot for me, I was sick and tired of hearing racist things being said every time we met someone new, it was getting too expensive, and to be honest, I missed Canada.

My husband was happy to come along. He misses Australia sometimes, but even though his family is still over there he does like it here. Who knows, maybe we'll go back one day, but that day will be really far into the future.
That's sad that you would hear racist things, I am sorry to hear.
There is definitely people here that present a poor attitude - it really sends the perception of the whole country 50 years backwards. I believe to an extent that Australia is so cut off from everything that there is a tendency to be pretty insular in some people's perspectives, which is sad. Having said that there are also some awesome people here.
I do, however, feel like I belong in Canada more than Australia. (I am the Australian, my fiance is Canadian) Strangely, there is more a sense of family and belonging for me over in Canada - All my family are spread out all over the country in Australia, and although we love each other, we aren't all that close. It will always be a good place to come back and visit - but Canada feels "right" for me!

My fiance loves Australia- probably more than I do! He can't get enough of the humour, language, people, everything! He just received his permanent residency in the last couple of months after living here for four years, but we both feel that we have more of a support network in Canada for bringing up a family. Plus you can't really go past Tim Hortons :p

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Kiwi12 said:
That is very interesting. My husband came here in January to stay with me for an extended period of time because I was having shoulder surgery. I had visited him in Australia last Christmas where we became engaged. We got married here in Canada in February and decided to do an inland application here. Although it really hasn't been that long it feels like an eternity of waiting. My husband misses Australia very much and I hear about on a daily basis although much of it is because he is not able to work yet and had a very social surrounding which he hasn't been able to build yet. He is feeling a little uncomfortable with me having to support him financially. I found Australia to be so beautiful and although Canada is a beautiful country I understand my husband's point of view. Thanks for sharing.
Not working since February must feel like an eternity for him. I can understand how he feels - it must chip away at his confidence not being able to work, and also would impact the desire to be social and meet new people. Hang in there! Hopefully his PR will be processed soon. It takes ages to build up a social network. Even me as an Aussie moving from Qld to Sydney, have only just started feeling like I "belong" after almost 3 years of living here - that's how long it took me to build up a social network that I felt comfortable with (a shame we will be leaving them behind, but at least we will be moving somewhere where he has lots of old friends).

Sometimes all it takes is someone else in a similar position that he can relate to. Maybe there is others even on this forum that is in a similar position who lives nearby? You never know!

I hope your shoulder is better by the way!

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
bagelbagel81 said:
That's sad that you would hear racist things, I am sorry to hear.
There is definitely people here that present a poor attitude - it really sends the perception of the whole country 50 years backwards. I believe to an extent that Australia is so cut off from everything that there is a tendency to be pretty insular in some people's perspectives, which is sad. Having said that there are also some awesome people here.
I do, however, feel like I belong in Canada more than Australia. (I am the Australian, my fiance is Canadian) Strangely, there is more a sense of family and belonging for me over in Canada - All my family are spread out all over the country in Australia, and although we love each other, we aren't all that close. It will always be a good place to come back and visit - but Canada feels "right" for me!

My fiance loves Australia- probably more than I do! He can't get enough of the humour, language, people, everything! He just received his permanent residency in the last couple of months after living here for four years, but we both feel that we have more of a support network in Canada for bringing up a family. Plus you can't really go past Tim Hortons :p
Yeah, the worst was when my mom (who is French and has a strong French accent) actually came to visit me in Australia. We went up the coast, me, my husband and her from Brisbane to Cairns. In the YOUTH HOSTEL at Airlie Beach, the receptionist started complaining to the three of us about how these damn tourists that come here should just f****** learn English before they get here, and that sort of thing. We were like ummmmm yeah please stop talking. You're right though, there definitely are some awesome people in Australia. I met a lot of people there that I really liked, I just prefer Canada :)

And yeah ahah Tim Horton's is awesome!! Their chicken soup when you're sick just literally cannot be beaten!!

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
Kiwi12 said:
I'm sorry to hear about your surgery and your husband's homesickness. I imagine it must be very tough for him not to be able to work, absolutely. It must be tough, but if you got married in February hopefully you'll be nearing the end of the process soon!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Hehe - I got introduced to the 'Soup and salad' when I was there last... And don't get me started on the many choices of bagels!!! ( I do know the Montreal Bagels are the best, but you can't beat Tim Hortons for convenience!)

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Yes it was the one thing I truly missed when I visited Australia. Every time I asked for a coffee with double cream everybody would look at me backwards but oddly enough they tried to accommodate me to the best of their ability. The shoulder was a quick recovery and I don't even notice that it was ever a problem. I honestly do not care where my husband and I live as long as we are together and I have already told my husband that if he cannot be with me here, I will not think twice about immigrating to Australia with him. We have already had our families and are at an age where we just want to settle down and enjoy the company of one another. The issue is waiting for an answer. I must admit that the wait time has demonstrated the stress levels we can surpass together and to read about some of these folks that have been living apart for 2 plus years is a nightmare. Enjoy talking to you both, have a great day!

Aussiepoutine

Oct 31, 2012
Hello All!

I wanted to join the thread. This morning, on me and my partners 3 year anniversary we sent our application off to mississauga, so let the waiting begin. Are people getting process faster than what the CIC says? Im interested to know how people are going. We have the first part down but we have to wait to hear from quebec. But I feel like such a weight has been lifted, but im so scared and I have so long to wait. Thankyou everyone for all advice people post!

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
welcome to the forum and good luck! my boyfriend was just approved last week, we are just waiting for the COPR in the mail and we applied july 10th.... so just over 6 months for the whole process :) hopefully yours will be speedy also!