+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian or NZ applicants - share timeline here !!

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
dawndarkharp said:
My spouse had lived in New Zealand all his life and from a very young age he knew there was something else out there for him. It's an island - can't really go anywhere. The prospect of a bigger country to explore appeals to him :)
I felt the same, I went on a trip around Asia for a couple of months in 2008 and told everyone half jokingly that I was going to meet my husband overseas. I came back to NZ and only lasted 6 months before I packed my bags again and got a working holiday here. Most of my friends moved to Australia in the mean time and I thought it was stupid - if you are going to move then you may as well move far away. lol. now kinda wishing that I was a $200 4 hour flight from home not a $2,000 20 hour flight..... but I guess I did meet my (future maybe) husband overseas after all.

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
Hi All, Just wanted to share that I landed yesterday - now I'm just waiting for my PR card. The entire process took approx six months from initial application (April). Sydney have been a very good VO to deal with, they have worked quickly and have been responsive to all communication and concerns. I'm confident you're all in good hands :)

Will stick around on the forums to help anyone who needs a hand with the process.

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
misskay said:
Hi All, Just wanted to share that I landed yesterday - now I'm just waiting for my PR card. The entire process took approx six months from initial application (April). Sydney have been a very good VO to deal with, they have worked quickly and have been responsive to all communication and concerns. I'm confident you're all in good hands :)

Will stick around on the forums to help anyone who needs a hand with the process.
Thats great misskay!! Congrats.

Andy A

Oct 13, 2012
I'm Canadian and applied to sponsor my husband from New Zealand where we both live.

27 July 2012 - application sent to Mississauga
AOR -- don't know what this stands for, sorry!
12 October 2012 - received notification that sponsorship was approve and application sent to Sydney
?? -- hear from Sydney

Have looked at the spreadsheet (very helpful) and will be back to see if there are any updates.

Best!
A

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Andy A said:
I'm Canadian and applied to sponsor my husband from New Zealand where we both live.

27 July 2012 - application sent to Mississauga
AOR -- don't know what this stands for, sorry!
12 October 2012 - received notification that sponsorship was approve and application sent to Sydney
?? -- hear from Sydney

Have looked at the spreadsheet (very helpful) and will be back to see if there are any updates.

Best!
A
Congrats on your approval, I have added you to the spreadsheet.

AOR means acknowledgement of receipt. Sometimes they send it, sometimes they don't. It seems to be pretty random. To keep the spreadsheet looking clean I just make it the same date as approval if it wasn't received separately for stage one.

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Plee

Can you please check ECAS and see if your case is "in process" yet? I'm assuming about 3-4 wks after AOR from Sydney so you should be there hopefully.
Cheers

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
7/12/2012 with or without visa :)
misskay said:

wow congrats, misskay! that's very encouraging to hear!!! :) hope they continue to be this efficient.

i deduce from your fuss-free application that you didn't have many police checks to clear right? I sent them an email last week to ask for an extension after they requested me to send thru the police checks (one expired and the other hasn't reached) but haven't heard from them yet.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Happy Monday Everyone! Just received my AOR from the Sydney VO on the dot of midday.
Here's hoping for a smooth stage 2 - and hopefully they can match up the additional info I sent in :)

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
marcopolocan said:
congrats Bagel!
If they can't match things up, you can always walk over to the VO and hand deliver now;)
Good idea! I might make a case specific enquiry in the next few weeks to see if they have been able to do so.
Thanks for the advice ;)

plee

Apr 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
misskay said:

congrats misskay! that's an awesome timeline. you certainly didn't waste any time from getting the visa to landing!

plee

Apr 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
marcopolocan said:
Hi Plee

Can you please check ECAS and see if your case is "in process" yet? I'm assuming about 3-4 wks after AOR from Sydney so you should be there hopefully.
Cheers
I've been checking regularly, but it still just shows application received. It's been about a month since miniejungle's status changed, so a bit disappointing since i'm only 10 days behind her. I'll keep checking and let you know if there's any change.

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Plee,

Thanks for checking. from the data on the spreadsheet it seemed that "in process" status is about 5 wks on average from Stage 1 AOR/approval and about 16 days from Stage 2 AOR. I'm hoping to hear something by late October about the 27 ish.

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
7/12/2012 with or without visa :)
Sydney VO just replied me regarding my query of extending the deadline... so on average it takes about 1 week for them to answer.

im praying my police checks are going to be ready in time.... *fingers and toes crossed*

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
plee said:
congrats misskay! that's an awesome timeline. you certainly didn't waste any time from getting the visa to landing!
Thanks plee!

I know, I know. I've just been in limbo here on temporary status for so long, I've been dying to land so I can start working and driving again :)