+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August AOR 2017

vijay lanka

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
I am not sure about whether they do a background check on dependents, if they are also a part of your application and you need PR for them as well i believe they will do a background check
In relation to your dependent resigning before PR i think it is best if you inform cic, my moto is always better safe than sorry. Maybe inquire from cic and see what they respond. But i believe it is best that you keep them informed and updated on all major things including job status of your dependents if they are part of your application
Than you very much for the feedback.Also do let me know the procedure to inform cic about the change in job status of dependent.

rahulmehta222

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
I believe your passport should be valid for the next 6 months . And given you still have one more year left i am not sure if you should renew it just yet.
But i think it is best to write to cic and inquire from them about what you should do
Thanks Man!

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Even i had submitted my Application on 10th Aug and cleared my medicals on 22nd Aug.. waiting for other things to change
Good luck to you.

There hasn't been any update on my profile yet but I've decided no to worry about it because immigration is a lengthy process.

I'll start fretting once I cross the 6-month mark ;)

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
ITA - June 29th
AOR - 10th August
Medicals Passed - 22nd August
others - Unchanged

I have one doubt here, do CIC do back ground verification of experience of the dependent as well. Also, do let me know will there be a problem if the dependent resigns the current job before getting the PPR.
According to my understanding, background verification is done on both primary and secondary applicants (adult).

Unemployment has no negative effect on the application process.

Good luck.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
I am not sure about whether they do a background check on dependents, if they are also a part of your application and you need PR for them as well i believe they will do a background check
In relation to your dependent resigning before PR i think it is best if you inform cic, my moto is always better safe than sorry. Maybe inquire from cic and see what they respond. But i believe it is best that you keep them informed and updated on all major things including job status of your dependents if they are part of your application
You need to inform CIC only if there's a change in your contact details, marital status or family composition (birth or death). No need to inform them if you quit a job or get a new one.

Good luck.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi Guys,

My AOR is 16th August, 2017 and my passport will expire on 27th August, 2018. With regard to that, I am contemplating following options, please advise which one should I go with.

1) Apply for passport renewal now and get it in a month but this new passport will come with a different address (as I am currently staying in a rented place outside my hometown because of employment). Will CIC doubt me if I send them 2 passports with different addresses at the time of stamping?
2) Wait for 2 months, then visit my hometown and get the passport reissued from there to have the same address as my previous passport

While I was writing this, got another question, Should I add my spouse's name in the renewed passport or let it be with 'Single' status? If I am not adding her name, does that amount to misrepresentation both to Indian Passport office and to Canadian immigration office?

Thanks
Rahul
Get your passport renewed whenever it's convenient to you - either right now or 2 months later. It doesn't matter to CIC whether you've the same address or different. If I were you, I'd renew it 2 months later because it would mean less paperwork and less hassle.

Again CIC doesn't care whether spouse's name is included or not on your passport but your own government may think it's misrepresentation when you apply for a new passport and don't update your marital status.

Good luck.

Reactions: rahulmehta222

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
In my experience the email comes a few hours later after the actual update. for instance when I passed my medicals my application said updated and I did not get the email me there is an update until later that evening. Similarly I checked my application today and saw it said updated and then when i viewed it i noted that BG changed to NA however i have not received the email stating there is an update. Therefore i believe there is a lag between the actual update and when you get the email. I check my application every morning and evening just for my satisfaction but this is purely your personal preference. You can wait for the email to say you have an update or just check the application once every 2-3 days
Other members of the forums have said that you don't get an email saying that there's an update on your account everytime a status on your application changes - only when you pass the medicals and later when you get a request to send in your passports.

Good luck.

Reactions: VIVEK GOYAL

rahulmehta222

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Get your passport renewed whenever it's convenient to you - either right now or 2 months later. It doesn't matter to CIC whether you've the same address or different. If I were you, I'd renew it 2 months later because it would mean less paperwork and less hassle.

Again CIC doesn't care whether spouse's name is included or not on your passport but your own government may think it's misrepresentation when you apply for a new passport and don't update your marital status.

Good luck.
Thanks Wandering Mind.

Reactions: Wandering Mind