Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Guys, My status is as below. Can you tell me what stage is this?

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
what is your AOR and Medical passed date ?

SheFer92

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Hi Guys

A clarification

So my AOR was Aug 10th and then I passed my medicals on Aug 23 and then my BG went to we're processing your application.. and today it went in to not applicable.. am i in NA2 or IP2? and then can i be expecting the PPR anytime soon? or is it still further away.. I understand each case is different but just want to get a general understanding

Thanks and Cheers

thievaryx

May 6, 2017
Do you get a message in your account when a status update occurs?

For example, once medical is passed will you get a message in your account notifying as such or would you have to login to your account to see it on the status updatr

pawansb

Aug 24, 2017
25th was Friday when you passed medical (and may be IP1 hopefully) then when did you go to IP2? weekend ?
I did not check when exactly my status changed, I just logged in on Friday when I received an email about an update. Medicals had passed and the status was as shown in my message above.

rahulmehta222

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Hi Guys,

My AOR is 16th August, 2017 and my passport will expire on 27th August, 2018. With regard to that, I am contemplating following options, please advise which one should I go with.

1) Apply for passport renewal now and get it in a month but this new passport will come with a different address (as I am currently staying in a rented place outside my hometown because of employment). Will CIC doubt me if I send them 2 passports with different addresses at the time of stamping?
2) Wait for 2 months, then visit my hometown and get the passport reissued from there to have the same address as my previous passport

While I was writing this, got another question, Should I add my spouse's name in the renewed passport or let it be with 'Single' status? If I am not adding her name, does that amount to misrepresentation both to Indian Passport office and to Canadian immigration office?

Thanks
Rahul
Can anyone please comment on this?

vijay lanka

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
ITA - June 29th
AOR - 10th August
Medicals Passed - 22nd August
others - Unchanged

I have one doubt here, do CIC do back ground verification of experience of the dependent as well. Also, do let me know will there be a problem if the dependent resigns the current job before getting the PPR.

SheFer92

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Do you get a message in your account when a status update occurs?

For example, once medical is passed will you get a message in your account notifying as such or would you have to login to your account to see it on the status updatr
In my experience the email comes a few hours later after the actual update. for instance when I passed my medicals my application said updated and I did not get the email me there is an update until later that evening. Similarly I checked my application today and saw it said updated and then when i viewed it i noted that BG changed to NA however i have not received the email stating there is an update. Therefore i believe there is a lag between the actual update and when you get the email. I check my application every morning and evening just for my satisfaction but this is purely your personal preference. You can wait for the email to say you have an update or just check the application once every 2-3 days

Reactions: thievaryx

SheFer92

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
ITA - June 29th
AOR - 10th August
Medicals Passed - 22nd August
others - Unchanged

I have one doubt here, do CIC do back ground verification of experience of the dependent as well. Also, do let me know will there be a problem if the dependent resigns the current job before getting the PPR.
I am not sure about whether they do a background check on dependents, if they are also a part of your application and you need PR for them as well i believe they will do a background check
In relation to your dependent resigning before PR i think it is best if you inform cic, my moto is always better safe than sorry. Maybe inquire from cic and see what they respond. But i believe it is best that you keep them informed and updated on all major things including job status of your dependents if they are part of your application

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
HI Andy,
How do I update my status in Immitracker? I have subscribed for a month.. and need to update my status, but ant find any link... Please advise.

PeeGee