+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Aug 23, 2020
Sorry to tell you that the officer who is going to access your file will make final decision about it.
When I called them up 4 months ago, the agent told my file was uploaded in the system and everything sounds good and provided XF no. but when I called them today to follow as I sent them some docs through webform, she mentioned that it's the officer who will finally decide about the completion of the file.
One agent mentioned to me in November that until the file has temp. no. it can be returned or if officer feels he can ask for missing docs.
Rest, I feel every agent provides different information.
Hope for the best.

Outland App. 25-08-2020
Only received temp. file no. in October.
Hope to hear some good news soon.
We requested our Minister of Parliament's office call on our behalf as we realize we might have an error in the additional family information (blended family all Canadians but we didn't list them) MP's office said they called and then forwarded updated doc. None of us are sure if the very adult stepchilcren children even have to be listed on there as Canadians, but that's the update. Back to wait and see.

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
I received a message that an amount of 85 CAD had been refunded from immigration canada.
My husband had done his biometrics 2 years back to receive his work permit here. and I had paid the amount again to sponsor him
So i guess this is the refund for biometrics and hopefully they are processing my application further after AOR? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MartininPhoenix

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I received a message that an amount of 85 CAD had been refunded from immigration canada.
My husband had done his biometrics 2 years back to receive his work permit here. and I had paid the amount again to sponsor him
So i guess this is the refund for biometrics and hopefully they are processing my application further after AOR? :)
Most likely, yes. Even if it's not that, they'll keep processing after AOR without the biometrics.

ars23

Jul 14, 2020
I was just wondering for anyone that has done the medical test - what do they exactly do? Just basic blood work? anything to watch out for?
I just scheduled mine (in the USA), and here is what they said they would be doing:

We will be doing a urinalysis, blood work, chest X-ray and a physical exam.

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
It's starting to get disheartening seeing so many AOR1s in November, im happy for them dont get me wrong as its nice theres movement, im just hoping any day now movement starts to happen.

lisam10

Jan 16, 2021
Hello ! Finally got AOR last week. Here's my timeline so far.

Application received: August 20th, 2020
Biometrics: February 9th, 2020
AOR: February 10th, 2020

Although still waiting on the medical request email !

Reactions: MartininPhoenix

Samirabdou

Aug 24, 2020
Hi all,

AOR received Jan 15th, no biometrics or medical request yet is that normal. I see people receiving requests few days after AOR

Thanks

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
I wanted to check something.. on the online site it shows under Sponsorship application status - decision made. But I have not received any communication other than AOR? I am applying from QC so process will be slightly different

Did anyone else have the same thing?

Last edited: