Jun 15, 2020
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS office
App. Filed.......
12-08-2020
Starting new forum for Outland Spousal sponsorship application sent in August, 2020.
I Posted my application from Vancouver via Xpressspost on August 4, 2020 and was delivered in Sydney, NS office on August 12, 2020 .

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Starting new forum for Outland Spousal sponsorship application sent in August, 2020.
I Posted my application from Vancouver via Xpressspost on August 4, 2020 and was delivered in Sydney, NS office on August 12, 2020 .
oh man! I think your AOR will be next year...

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Dude you need to stop spamming every single thread with your negative information. Thank you.
When somebody asks a question of WHEN, they should get a realistic answer and not sugar coated one. Negative doesn't make it less true or false. People who apply in August, if we assume that IRCC begins processing in September, have 1 month of regular wait time plus I'd say 4 months backlog to clear since March (every day the backlog increases obviously but lets say 3-4 months to clear it)...That makes it around New Years' for AOR...maybe December in a good case scenario. By next year I meant January 2021, not March 2021.
MP's have said new applications will be delayed 6-12 months, so I'm being optimistic here.
Perhaps you have another scenario, I'd love to hear it.

Reactions: Huniverse

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Good to see somebody from August my application has also reached ircc in August only lets wait for the AOR. Hoping to see some good news here in this group soon.

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
When somebody asks a question of WHEN, they should get a realistic answer and not sugar coated one. Negative doesn't make it less true or false. People who apply in August, if we assume that IRCC begins processing in September, have 1 month of regular wait time plus I'd say 4 months backlog to clear since March (every day the backlog increases obviously but lets say 3-4 months to clear it)...That makes it around New Years' for AOR...maybe December in a good case scenario. By next year I meant January 2021, not March 2021.
MP's have said new applications will be delayed 6-12 months, so I'm being optimistic here.
Do you have links to these comments from MPs?

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Yes, I'd like some actual formal communications from IRCC to manage expectations about COVID impacts on processes and what IRCC might be doing to modernise, to expedite and to make the process meet the general targets of a year and if not, what workarounds or policy changes they might be making to manage things.

Reactions: Toby2020

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I am a member of FB group - Canada Spousal Applicants Affected by Covid-19.
The admins of that group have been in contact with numerous MP's across Canada and they have informed the group of what they were told by many of them. 6-12 months eXTRA processing time.
That's what they told the Admins. Now whether that's true or not, the admins cannot say, it may be another standard govt answer, but why would a lot of them say the same thing I have no idea. Maybe its another ministerial propaganda

Last edited:

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
I am a member of FB group - Canada Spousal Applicants Affected by Covid-19.
The admins of that group have been in contact with numerous MP's across Canada and they have informed the group of what they were told by many of them. 6-12 months eXTRA processing time.
That's what they told the Admins. Now whether that's true or not, the admins cannot say, it may be another standard govt answer, but why would a lot of them say the same thing I have no idea. Maybe its another ministerial propaganda
So its just a case of this person said this with no real proof? They're starting to work through the backlog at the moment and whilst everything is delayed, it will start to catch back up. Averaging process times before Covid-19 were 5-6 months for most applications, add that on to the current 6/7 month delay and we are still close to the 12 month time, thats why they havent updated the "processing time ~12 months" thing.

Some applications will be longer than that granted, i think thats mainly those that applied last year and their final parts were delayed by Covid and also those with complicated cases.

Just my two cents though, could be wrong, could be right. But to add on another 6-12 months to the in place 12 months is a stretch.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
They're starting to work through the backlog at the moment and whilst everything is delayed, it will start to catch back up.
There is no evidence of any AOR's given since shut down mid March. Visa offices I assume do not have any or very little backlog.

Averaging process times before Covid-19 were 5-6 months for most applications
5-6 months for most apps? Check the spreadsheets, I'd say more like 30%. Most apps take around 8-12 months under normal circumstances and another 20% well over 12 months...

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
There is no evidence of any AOR's given since shut down mid March. Visa offices I assume do not have any or very little backlog.
Yeah, but you have to remember, only a fraction of applicants ever make it to this forum/update a spreadsheet and looking at the feb inland thread, someone received an AOR today. So it is starting to spin back up. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/february-2020-inland-sponsorship.676386/post-8779399

5-6 months for most apps? Check the spreadsheets, I'd say more like 30%. Most apps take around 8-12 months under normal circumstances and another 20% well over 12 months...
Again, depends on how complicated your case is, just have to self analyse and figure out if you are complicated or not. Five eyes country, first marriage, no red flags? You probably fall in to the 30%. Its all relative to your own circumstances, but i stand by my statement that adding on another 6-12 months to your own projected timeframe is a bit much.

Last edited:

Toby2020

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Not all applicants are here or even heard of this forum. I’ve heard there are around 7000 applications per month. The March spreadsheet has 57 people.. you do the math.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
looking at the feb inland thread, someone received an AOR today
If I recall correctly, there were a whole bunch of AOR's for inlands into the pandemic during March and April too on spreadsheet...but lets keep fingers crossed.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
but i stand by my statement that adding on another 6-12 months to your own projected timeframe is a bit much.
I am Jan28 applicant, SA/Med/Bio was done just couple days before lockdown, hence file is still at Sydney. My timeline on GCkey shows 50%. If Sydney revs up in October my file were to transfer to VO would be first in line, I would have a shot at completion by 12 months. Now if somebody applying in October, their file would be in queue behind what, 40-50 thousand app right??? Are you saying IRCC would take to clear that backlog and get to the October applicant in about 3-4 months?? cause that's what it would take to complete the app at the 12 month standard.