+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

Aug 5, 2020
Is it being processed by Mississauga?
Not sure, Client Application Status page just says

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor [spouse] on February 5, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on August 4, 2020.
And the PR page says

Permanent Residence
  1. We received [spouse]'s application for permanent residence on February 5, 2020.

They are having trouble getting into GCkey so can't link it yet. Also not sure where to put the second AOR on the spreadsheet or whether I even should.

Reactions: PaoTalamantesh

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Did you send your application to which office in Canada? I believe that was the question.

Aug 5, 2020
Oh, sorry. Sent by courier to:

Application for spouses or common-law partners currently living in Canada applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class:
CPC Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

Reactions: dof13

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Oh, sorry. Sent by courier to:

Application for spouses or common-law partners currently living in Canada applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class:
CPC Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8
No need to be sorry, thank you the quick replies. Just to confirm, this was the first communication ever received from CIC since you applied? Thank you.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Medical conditions to be imposed for open employer but occupation restricted work permits

If a medical examination was not completed, one of the conditions below must be imposed. The specific occupational sector restriction will depend on whether the person has resided in a designated or non-designated country.

For persons from non-designated countries, the following condition should appear on the work permit: “Not authorized to work in 1) child care, 2) primary or secondary school teaching, 3) health services field occupations.”

For persons from designated countries, the following condition should appear on the work permit: “Not authorized to work in 1) child care, 2) primary or secondary school teaching, 3) health services field occupations, 4) agricultural occupations.”

Aug 5, 2020
No need to be sorry, thank you the quick replies. Just to confirm, this was the first communication ever received from CIC since you applied? Thank you.
I also received the same AOR email everyone seems to have received on April 30 that had no application number

My spouse also received an email near the end of June reminding us to pay the biometric fee, which had an application number that wasn't connected to anything online

today I received an email stating: "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2020/02/05 on behalf of the following member(s):," along with a UCI and Application numbers that work online

sorry for the confusion

Reactions: edenfair

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
We finally got our AOR today. We are not able to link our application to the online account. Here is our timeline

Inland Spousal Sponsorship+OWP Quebec
Sponsor Canadian PA Mexican
Married in Mexico 26 July 2019
Arived to Canada 28 December 2019 on Tourist Visa
Visitor Record Extension
Applied March 2020
Approved June 2020

Sponsorship Application
App Sent 4th February 2020
App Received 6th February 2020
AoR 13th August 2020

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
We finally got our AOR today. We are not able to link our application to the online account. Here is our timeline

Inland Spousal Sponsorship+OWP Quebec
Sponsor Canadian PA Mexican
Married in Mexico 26 July 2019
Arived to Canada 28 December 2019 on Tourist Visa
Visitor Record Extension
Applied March 2020
Approved June 2020

Sponsorship Application
App Sent 4th February 2020
App Received 6th February 2020
AoR 13th August 2020
Did you receive any biometric fee email before getting the AOR?

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
I had sent back my paperwork for spousal sponsorship the 2nd time before my status expired. Since, its taking too long now I have started to think should I apply for restoration for status?

omar1983

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
I checked my account today and it says we started processing your application on August 17 (application received on Febrary 07), I wish that i will receive AOR soon. I have a representative, if i link only my OWP to my account, will i loose the representative on my RP application or they are independent?

Fishy79

Mar 5, 2020
Anyone who sent applications at the end of February received there AOR yet? Im now on implied status in the country after been here for over 6 months (having applied for extension) . The waiting not hearing anything week after week is taking its toll.

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Where did you check your status where it says “we started processing your application”?
I checked my account today and it says we started processing your application on August 17 (application received on Febrary 07), I wish that i will receive AOR soon. I have a representative, if i link only my OWP to my account, will i loose the representative on my RP application or they are independent?

Hans_Cath

Dec 4, 2017
Anyone who sent applications at the end of February received there AOR yet? Im now on implied status in the country after been here for over 6 months (having applied for extension) . The waiting not hearing anything week after week is taking its toll.
I'm in the same boat as you. My application was received on Feb 28 and I've been on implied status since the end of July. It's making me so anxious, I got the Biometrics Reminder on the 4 August, but nothing else yet.