+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
I received an email after I sent the forms with the documents replying to my email ( in the email title - CONFIRMATION)
Have you paid for a service for the CA embassy in NYC to process your documents for you? For some of us around the world we either use consultants or send the documents ourselves to Nova Scotia, it sounds like you have received a confirmation email from the embassy and not IRCC.

E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
My wife paid for me when she applied for her PR ( I was not requested to pay anything) - it was sent and paid to CPC Mississauga. When she got the PR they asked me just to send the documents to NYC, not to Nova Scotia. I assume its a different process. Since my wife applied for me with her 2 years ago. I already have an application and UCI numbers.

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
My wife paid for me when she applied for her PR ( I was not requested to pay anything) - it was sent and paid to CPC Mississauga. When she got the PR they asked me just to send the documents to NYC, not to Nova Scotia. I assume its a different process. Since my wife applied for me with her 2 years ago. I already have an application and UCI numbers.
Ahh i see, so you are technically August 2018 applicant? This thread is for new outland applications in August 2020, everyone here will be right at the beginning of the process whereas it seems you are quite far in!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You replied in a different thread that she applied/got PR under protected person, and at any rate, you were included in her application (presumably as accompanying?).

Note that this is the family sponsorship forum - even those your application is from your spouse, the prcess is different - she included you in her application.

You may want to check in the other forums here, members might understand what's going on with your application better than here.

I think it's this one but I do not know for sure:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/refugees-and-asylum.56/

Anyway you can expect that steps in your procedure will be quite different from the ones in this thread. It sounds like all is mostly done from your side and they're just getting some additional info to confirm before doing your passport request etc - but I emphasize I do not know, that's why better to check in the other forum.

Reactions: E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
You replied in a different thread that she applied/got PR under protected person, and at any rate, you were included in her application (presumably as accompanying?).

Note that this is the family sponsorship forum - even those your application is from your spouse, the prcess is different - she included you in her application.

You may want to check in the other forums here, members might understand what's going on with your application better than here.

I think it's this one but I do not know for sure:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/refugees-and-asylum.56/

Anyway you can expect that steps in your procedure will be quite different from the ones in this thread. It sounds like all is mostly done from your side and they're just getting some additional info to confirm before doing your passport request etc - but I emphasize I do not know, that's why better to check in the other forum.
Thank you very much. This is informative

Reactions: armoured

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I applied on August 4th, but still haven't received the AOR yet.
In normal times, you would be getting AOR today. However, since their are thousands of applications since March awaiting AOR, I seriously doubt that your AOR is coming anytime this month or next month. I would say January is realistic for August Applicants.

Aug 25, 2020
In normal times, you would be getting AOR today. However, since their are thousands of applications since March awaiting AOR, I seriously doubt that your AOR is coming anytime this month or next month. I would say January is realistic for August Applicants.
I hope so, still being hopeful that it comes before than.

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Has anyone noticed the downward trend in the numbers of applications during the months of covid?

I wonder if covid had an impact on people not even bothering to apply.

Or is it a seasonal thing?

Prabhjot_Kaur

Feb 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
Hello Everyone..
Application for my spouse got delivered on 25th August, 2020 at CPC, Sydney. Hope everything gets sorted on time.
Hoping for the best in best time frame..
Also, can anyone tell when and how to link the application online.
We already attached PCC and Fees receipt.
Just biometrics and medical to be done afterwards.
Anyone who knows in the thread, please explain the process after submission of application step by step.
Because I couriered from Mississauga to Sydney but file was prepared by an agent in India and I think all the correspondence will be received by him.
So, any way out where I can get acces to the file.

Thanks

MelissaMP1

Jun 1, 2020
Hello Everyone..
Application for my spouse got delivered on 25th August, 2020 at CPC, Sydney. Hope everything gets sorted on time.
Anyone who knows in the thread, please explain the process after submission of application step by step.
Because I couriered from Mississauga to Sydney but file was prepared by an agent in India and I think all the correspondence will be received by him.

Thanks
Hi there, you can link your application once you get your AOR and they share the application number. Ours was received on Aug 7th so just waiting for the email.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
I shipped my package off, but I forgot to rubber band or paperclip the whole thing together. It’s paper clipped into four large sections, so I hope it doesn’t fall out of order in transit. It’s in a fedex shipping box that’s a but bugger than the papers, so there’s a bit of room to move around.
God, I’ve never been so mad at myself. I was so focused on getting each other detail correct, and the dude just grabbed my stuff and dropped it into a box and was like “perfect fit!” And all of this.
Well here’s hoping it goes through.

MelissaMP1

Jun 1, 2020
I shipped my package off, but I forgot to rubber band or paperclip the whole thing together. It’s paper clipped into four large sections, so I hope it doesn’t fall out of order in transit. It’s in a fedex shipping box that’s a but bugger than the papers, so there’s a bit of room to move around.
God, I’ve never been so mad at myself. I was so focused on getting each other detail correct, and the dude just grabbed my stuff and dropped it into a box and was like “perfect fit!” And all of this.
Well here’s hoping it goes through.
I am sure it will be fine! I had the same anxiety I ended up placing the papers in to an envelope then into the box..Good luck!

Filiz

Aug 27, 2020
Ankara, Turkey
Hello everyone,
My application was delivered to Sydney office on August 7th, 2020. I am applying from Turkey. My husband a canadian citizen. We are married for 16 years now and have two kids. I am not sure if these will help me on the process but I am hoping so.
Just wanted to thank everyone who shares their knowledge and experience at this forum while they are absolutely precious for many of us who dont have much info on the upcoming phases.
Good luck to everyone and I will be sharing my developments with you for sure..

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Hello Everyone..

Thanks
Hi Prabhjot my application also got delivered on 11th august i am also from Punjab for ur knowledge we can link our application online after receiving AOR. prior to covid aor was taking 15 days but now its taking months march applicants are still waiting and we are august. So just wait and lets hope they clear the backlog soon

Reactions: Toby2020