+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Not yet, when do they issue AOR2? After decision is made? Do they email saying decision is made and how do you find out what decision it is?
Ottawa doesn’t send aor22, just have to keep checking ecas every day to see when status changes from application received to in process. DM will come on ecas as well. It is a positive decision if no procedural fairness letter is sent!

Reactions: jesuraj.ratnara

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Ottawa doesn’t send aor22, just have to keep checking ecas every day to see when status changes from application received to in process. DM will come on ecas as well. It is a positive decision if no procedural fairness letter is sent!
rrss are pre arrivals sent in batches? Also from aor2 until pre arrival what is the average time?

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
rrss are pre arrivals sent in batches? Also from aor2 until pre arrival what is the average time?
I don’t think so, I ordered gcms notes and it said sponsor approval and transfer to vo were sent in bulk. Nothing about pre arrival being in bulk. From aor 2 to pre arrival it was 36 days in between but the holidays - Christmas, Boxing Day, New Years are apart of that so, I’m not sure if that also delayed it. Some people it takes 1 day for pre arrival lol so I’m not sure what the logic is!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I don’t think so, I ordered gcms notes and it said sponsor approval and transfer to vo were sent in bulk. Nothing about pre arrival being in bulk. From aor 2 to pre arrival it was 36 days in between but the holidays - Christmas, Boxing Day, New Years are apart of that so, I’m not sure if that also delayed it. Some people it takes 1 day for pre arrival lol so I’m not sure what the logic is!
There are different concepts behind this 'bulk' word.

Your gcms notes likely referred to a bulk mail application. This seems to be just a server application that sends out emails and generates the related pdf attachments etc. It likely runs at night or on weekends, etc, or possibly just when the server is less busy and less network load, but it doesn't mean that they only do this once a month or whatever - seems to be at almost any time. Part of the significance from the gcms notes perspective is that IRCC doesn't (I think) retain a copy of the actual correspondence - it's basically a program that retains only the inputs (name, address, file number etc) and the fact that the correspondence was sent. (In other words, nothing else changes). There is language in the gcms notes that indicates they don't have this correspondence on file in original, it's just a note that it was sent.

Some here have been speculating that some offices do certain steps - like issue PPRs - for a lot of applicants all at once. This may be the case from time to time, or there were one-off cases (Ottawa VO issued a fair number just before the end of year, likely to meet ministerial targets). Or maybe some offices periodically have 'spring cleaning' days where they attempt to clear the decks (possibly also for quarterly or other numbers). Maybe they just bunch certain steps because it's easier to use the software to generate PPRs if you do ten or twenty in a row. Or maybe the staff member who habitually does a certain step has been out of office or sick or whatever.

But overall: there's no clear indication that IRCC and all offices habitually bunch such things - although sometimes it may look like it. The "bulk system" stuff in the gcms is a different concept (and from what I've seen doesn't seem to mean a lot of them being done at once).

Reactions: cjr and rrss13

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
But overall: there's no clear indication that IRCC and all offices habitually bunch such things - although sometimes it may look like it.
As an example about this batching: covid may add to impression about this. Warsaw office for example started doing/completing a fair number of files in roughly August/September last year, including pre-arrivals and the subsequent steps. I don't think there was any more to that than the office re-opening or getting back to full strength/getting back to family sponsorship files after dealing with other covid-related stuff. Probably a bit of all of those factors.

It likely did not mean that they were 'batching' pre-arrivals, just that some had piled up and workload management/covid made it look like that.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I personally think they send the document when they are ready too. Just coincidence some maybe receive on the same day. But who knows. Just deliver my pre arrival sobI cam quit my job !

Reactions: jesuraj.ratnara

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020

Your gcms notes likely referred to a bulk mail application. This seems to be just a server application that sends out emails and generates the related pdf attachments etc. It likely runs at night or on weekends, etc, or possibly just when the server is less busy and less network load, but it doesn't mean that they only do this once a month or whatever - seems to be at almost any time. Part of the significance from the gcms notes perspective is that IRCC doesn't (I think) retain a copy of the actual correspondence - it's basically a program that retains only the inputs (name, address, file number etc) and the fact that the correspondence was sent. (In other words, nothing else changes). There is language in the gcms notes that indicates they don't have this correspondence on file in original, it's just a note that it was sent.

Some here have been speculating that some offices do certain steps - like issue PPRs - for a lot of applicants all at once. This may be the case from time to time, or there were one-off cases (Ottawa VO issued a fair number just before the end of year, likely to meet ministerial targets). Or maybe some offices periodically have 'spring cleaning' days where they attempt to clear the decks (possibly also for quarterly or other numbers). Maybe they just bunch certain steps because it's easier to use the software to generate PPRs if you do ten or twenty in a row. Or maybe the staff member who habitually does a certain step has been out of office or sick or whatever.

But overall: there's no clear indication that IRCC and all offices habitually bunch such things - although sometimes it may look like it. The "bulk system" stuff in the gcms is a different concept (and from what I've seen doesn't seem to mean a lot of them being done at once).
Thanks for the explanation! :)

Reactions: armoured

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020

Regarding Ottawa VO do you know why they aren’t sending out passport requests? I’ve had decision made since January 8 and no request yet. Going a bit crazy waiting

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Regarding Ottawa VO do you know why they aren’t sending out passport requests? I’ve had decision made since January 8 and no request yet. Going a bit crazy waiting
I don't know, sorry. It does look from the outside that Ottawa VO did a lot of work in December, likely to meet those targets the Minister announced. Likely that was a temporary solution and staff has been reprofiled elsewhere. No idea what they will do next with these.

(Ottawa VO didn't really seem to exist before the fall - at least for these purposes - and was probably the thing the Minister went when he announced a bunch of 'decision makers' had been increased to family sponsorship. They probably had been working on other stuff before)

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
I don't know, sorry. It does look from the outside that Ottawa VO did a lot of work in December, likely to meet those targets the Minister announced. Likely that was a temporary solution and staff has been reprofiled elsewhere. No idea what they will do next with these.

(Ottawa VO didn't really seem to exist before the fall - at least for these purposes - and was probably the thing the Minister went when he announced a bunch of 'decision makers' had been increased to family sponsorship. They probably had been working on other stuff before)
Yeah that does make sense. A lot of people got some sort of update today from them so I’m hoping we’re coming to the end of a long wait. Thank you for your answer!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yeah that does make sense. A lot of people got some sort of update today from them so I’m hoping we’re coming to the end of a long wait. Thank you for your answer!
Hopefully Ottawa back on line again. Ottawa so far the one office that does seem to have done some batching. We just don't know if that was or is their practice or simply looks like it.

Reactions: rrss13

Prabhjot_Kaur

Feb 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
Hello Guys
My representative got the AOR 1 email

Timeline
Outland Sponsorship
PA: India
Received: 25-08-2020
Temp. File No.: 25-10-2020
AOR1: 18-02-2021

Prabhjot_Kaur

Feb 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
Also, I got to know this today from IRCC that those who have a paid representative on file will not be getting any correspondence.
NO AOR, SA , BIOMETRIC etc.
So, guys stay in touch with your representative bcz they not take initiative to inform you until biometrics request received that too they don't bother to inform you on the same day.
That's my personal experience and whatever I read through different forums.
Hope this information helps someone.

amos13

Feb 25, 2021
As of FEB 22, I received a biometrics request and paid the fee. On the status update page it says my application was received on AUGUST 27 2020. Does IRCC ask you to pay biometrics after they view the application documents? What would be the next steps (for spousal sponsorship, outland from the USA)?