+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Samirabdou

Aug 24, 2020
My application was received August 17 and got AOR January 14 but nothing since than, I see most of the people are receiving biometrics and medical requests few days after AOR. When I filled my application the first question that says " If you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want to " I checked off withdraw your sponsorship application all processing fees less $75 will be refunded.
Is that means that they won't start processing the PA application only after they approved me as sponsor. What's your experience guys? I'm already thinking to order GMCS notes but also think it's too early

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Way to early. SA can take a few months. Mine was six weeks roughly. And you will notice in ecas it says processing sponsor and processing pa. What this means is the pa info is in the system and ready to go if the SA is given. If SA is rejected then refunded if you chose that option.

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
Update on the Google Sheet entries:

The forum Google Sheet for Outland August, 2020 is now just under 60% received AOR1 (58.24% as I write this). The most recent date of AOR1 is February 19. Some people have snuck in as new line entries in the past few days, nice to welcome the "newbies" to our August room.

My records show that on January 27 the rate of AOR1 was around 45%. So an increase of 15% over the past month. At this rate maybe in 3-4 months August will be at 100% received AOR1.

looooooong waits. ~sigh~

(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=1916383633)

Singh123498

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Update on the Google Sheet entries:

The forum Google Sheet for Outland August, 2020 is now just under 60% received AOR1 (58.24% as I write this). The most recent date of AOR1 is February 19. Some people have snuck in as new line entries in the past few days, nice to welcome the "newbies" to our August room.

My records show that on January 27 the rate of AOR1 was around 45%. So an increase of 15% over the past month. At this rate maybe in 3-4 months August will be at 100% received AOR1.

looooooong waits. ~sigh~

(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=1916383633)
I got my aor last year my wife she’s done with her medical and biometrics. What’s the next step after this ?

chloe_planet

Jan 29, 2021
Hi all,

My case is suddenly moving quickly in very interesting order, and just wanted to share some updates.

Application Received: 2020-08-27
Biometrics: 2021-02-19
Police clearance report requested for Korea and USA: 2021-02-19
AOR1: 2021-02-20
SA: 2021-02-20
Medical: 2021-02-22

I've already submitted police clearance report from both Korea and USA when we submitted the application but I think they are requesting it again as it passed 6 months.
I have to wait for another 10 days for my Biometrics and Medical exam because I arrived in Canada a few days ago and I'm still in quarantine, I wish everything goes quickly once we submit everything...

Reactions: armoured

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
Hi all,

My case is suddenly moving quickly in very interesting order, and just wanted to share some updates.

Application Received: 2020-08-27

I've already submitted police clearance report from both Korea and USA when we submitted the application but I think they are requesting it again as it passed 6 months.
Ouch, that is crazy that new police reports are required because they are more than 6 months old...because IRCC didn't process them in 6 months. One would think that they would extend the time by some months to make up for the delays caused by pandemic.

Good Luck and Thank You for your Update.

Reactions: chloe_planet

callan

Mar 1, 2021
Hi all, I sent an Outland sponsorship application for my British common law partner which was received to Sydney NS on August 24th 2020. We have yet to receive our AOR1 but maybe someone can help with questions.

Since the Outland application was submitting, my UK visa expired and I’ve returned to Canada. My partner is due to arrive in Canada in 2 weeks time, will he still be able to arrive on a visitors visa? We submitted a work permit app with the original PR application, but will he be able to apply for work permit inland while an Outland application is still pending?

Talwinder22

Oct 27, 2020
Has anyone got “DM” or “IN PROCESS” Whose file moved to CPC Ottawa on or after 25 Nov 2020?
My file moved to Ottawa on 25 Nov 2020, Nothing since that, it still showing “APPLICATION RECEIVED” on ECAS.

Medical,Biometric is already done

Application received Sydney 19 Aug 2020

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Hi all, I sent an Outland sponsorship application for my British common law partner which was received to Sydney NS on August 24th 2020. We have yet to receive our AOR1 but maybe someone can help with questions.

Since the Outland application was submitting, my UK visa expired and I’ve returned to Canada. My partner is due to arrive in Canada in 2 weeks time, will he still be able to arrive on a visitors visa? We submitted a work permit app with the original PR application, but will he be able to apply for work permit inland while an Outland application is still pending?
No, you can't do two streams at the same time.

Either your partner will have to return to the UK, assuming he is admitted as a visitor, to continue the outland application or you will have to withdraw your outland application and apply inland from scratch with an open work permit.

If you withdrew your outland application, it sounds like you would get a full refund, but reapplying inland would mean the clock starts from zero at the point of IRCC receiving inland application.

Reactions: callan

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Either your partner will have to return to the UK, assuming he is admitted as a visitor, to continue the outland application
Sorry, this is NOT correct - an applicant can arrive in Canada and continue an outland application with no problems.

But it remains an outland application and does not become an inland one - meaning no open work permit (in that sense you were correct).

Reactions: callan