+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

frange

May 25, 2018
Sorry, this is NOT correct - an applicant can arrive in Canada and continue an outland application with no problems.

But it remains an outland application and does not become an inland one - meaning no open work permit (in that sense you were correct).
Exactly.. Outland process may continue and remains the same. The applicant will be considered as a visitor and must keep the legal status during his stay in Canada. He can not take advantage of the inland process (OWP). Otherwise, he has to withdraw the outland application, then apply Inland. This means starting from ZERO.

Reactions: callan and armoured

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Normal for biometrics to not be in a "passed" state after a week? I see on the google sheet most people complete that step within 24 hours of submitting them.

EssGee

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2019
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Interview........
22-07-2020
Passport Req..
22-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2020
LANDED..........
22-07-2020
FYI. Please don’t apply with just COPR. IRCC Agent on phone said we can apply with just COPR as PR cards delivery was getting delayed with COVID and was taking several months. But spouse PR application applied in August was returned in Feb quoting that they need PR card to confirm eligibility for sponsorship. Several web requests was getting no correct response too or else would have submitted PR card after I got it. Now need to start all over again and I wish it was online and not paper based.

jesuraj.ratnara

Oct 15, 2019
Toronto
I wonder why after medical it takes long for DM to be confirmed. Also how do I even check where my application was sent to? When I login to GC it just shows the progress bar. Not very useful as even that shows wrong timeline prediction.

PanizF

Feb 5, 2021
My application was received August 17 and got AOR January 14 but nothing since than, I see most of the people are receiving biometrics and medical requests few days after AOR. When I filled my application the first question that says " If you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want to " I checked off withdraw your sponsorship application all processing fees less $75 will be refunded.
Is that means that they won't start processing the PA application only after they approved me as sponsor. What's your experience guys? I'm already thinking to order GMCS notes but also think it's too early
Have you received any thing? I got AOR more than a month ago but nothing else and I am so nervous, I know it might be normal but I want to know why some people get updates in few days but others not, is there any problem with our applications or they just put them aside and working on others, November and January applications are processed so fast and these is so disappointing

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
I wonder why after medical it takes long for DM to be confirmed. Also how do I even check where my application was sent to? When I login to GC it just shows the progress bar. Not very useful as even that shows wrong timeline prediction.
I believe they do all the security and background checks after biometrics and medical. In fact, they keep doing that stuff long after they send you the Pre Arrival letter. So it makes sense that you don't see a DM right after submitting your medical. Unless you are talking about DM for SA, not PR.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
I believe they do all the security and background checks after biometrics and medical. In fact, they keep doing that stuff long after they send you the Pre Arrival letter. So it makes sense that you don't see a DM right after submitting your medical. Unless you are talking about DM for SA, not PR.
I was hoping the security and BCG actually runs concurrently, even if biometrics and medical not submitted yet. Mr LL can't submitt yet as we've been isolating due to surgery and London is a pain at the best of times.

Hope we can look at booking in a couple of weeks - he has to mid May. Anyone know what the COVID allowances are if there are delays in submitting biometrics and medical?

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
My application was received August 17 and got AOR January 14 but nothing since than, I see most of the people are receiving biometrics and medical requests few days after AOR. When I filled my application the first question that says " If you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want to " I checked off withdraw your sponsorship application all processing fees less $75 will be refunded.
Is that means that they won't start processing the PA application only after they approved me as sponsor. What's your experience guys? I'm already thinking to order GMCS notes but also think it's too early
I have same timeline and nothing since AOR received January 15 I check status it says they started processing SA January 14 I've called a few times and received the same response they are processing application.

ark2016

Jan 11, 2021
We just passed our medical and now hoping to receive news soon about which visa office it has been sent to. Looks to be Ottawa, Canada for US applicants based on the Spreadsheet.

Received: 8/19/20
AOR1: 1/14/21
Biometric Request: 1/25/21
Biometric Appt: 2/22/21
Medical Request: 1/26/21
Medical Exam: 2/22/21
Sponsor Approval: 2/19/21
Medical Passed: 3/3/21
Moved to VO:
AOR 2:
Pre-Arrival Letter:
DM:
PPR:
COPR:

ars23

Jul 14, 2020
We just passed our medical and now hoping to receive news soon about which visa office it has been sent to. Looks to be Ottawa, Canada for US applicants based on the Spreadsheet.

Received: 8/19/20
AOR1: 1/14/21
Biometric Request: 1/25/21
Biometric Appt: 2/22/21
Medical Request: 1/26/21
Medical Exam: 2/22/21
Sponsor Approval: 2/19/21
Medical Passed: 3/3/21
Moved to VO:
AOR 2:
Pre-Arrival Letter:
DM:
PPR:
COPR:
My timeline is very similar to yours (did medical on 2/20 and biometrics on 2/22), and we are applying from the USA. Any idea how long it might take to go from having the medical passed to receiving the final COPR? Thanks!

P.S. I'm also a US Citizen if that matters (principal applicant) and my wife is dual American/Canadian (sponsor).

James Beau

Jan 13, 2017
Hi guys, has anyone ever received a CIC letter requesting an affidavit of clarification regarding a separation/severance of common-law partners as well as the discrepancy of the provided information. My wife and I have been together since 2010 (dating) and I left Canada in December 2016, but we continued to be in touch and CIC asked me to sign a severance of common-law union in March 2017, but I returned to Canada in September 2017 and we were married in July 2019. We submitted a PR application in September that year and have since received this affidavit.

I think the clarification is related to why we didn't include it in the application forms (although there is no entry or row that highlights a separation of relationship) and also the discrepancy maybe when the relationship started.

Any help is greatly appreciated guys!

ark2016

Jan 11, 2021
My timeline is very similar to yours (did medical on 2/20 and biometrics on 2/22), and we are applying from the USA. Any idea how long it might take to go from having the medical passed to receiving the final COPR? Thanks!

P.S. I'm also a US Citizen if that matters (principal applicant) and my wife is dual American/Canadian (sponsor).
Hi! I wish I knew how long it would take. I'm hoping by the end of the year at the latest...trying to have low expectations so that maybe I'll be surprised if it's earlier haha! Have you received any notification of your applications moving to a visa office?

Kiratasr

Mar 4, 2021
Hello everyone, i am sponsoring my wife from india
Heres my timeline
File received: august 17 2020
Aor1: November 3 2020
Medical requested: November 9 2020
Biometric requested: November 16 2020
Landing fee requested: December 16 2020
File moved to new delhi VO : feb 25 2021
My question is how long it takes for ndvo to make decision on my file?
Thanks

Reactions: Harmanaulakh

Harmanaulakh

Mar 5, 2021
Hey dude...same situation here... my wife is also sponsoring me and i m in india.. my biometrics, medical & everything has done.. and they sent my app to delhi.. some said that delhi immigration took much time than missisauga.. lets see how much time they gona take... n i wanna ask u bro how do i get to know about my e medical???