+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

LoveCanada231

Feb 28, 2021
Strange. You mean you renewed it successfully after being reported before? I am not sure if you met RO after being reported makes the issue goes away. Anyway, I was just trying to understand why the excessive delays.
Yes, they gave me 1 year PR card. It doesn't make it go away, but unsure on how to make it go away since very hard to communicate with IRCC. Maybe I'm unaware of channels

LoveCanada231

Feb 28, 2021
I requested my GCMS notes last November I havent received them yet. However since then I received test invite, received passport pages request , and oath invite. You can never tell. Hopefully your request triggers your application to move faster.
Thank you for sharing your experience and your well wishes

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Yes, they gave me 1 year PR card. It doesn't make it go away, but unsure on how to make it go away since very hard to communicate with IRCC. Maybe I'm unaware of channels
What I would recommend is to prepare a well detailed letter and present your situation to the local MP and pray that he/she is willing to help.

Yours is definitely a unique situation, and most likely your file would be "non-routine" (read delays). Pre-pandemic, non-routine would take additional 1-2 years of processing time. Not sure what the current trend is, but wouldn't be any better. Hopefully you pass this hurdle soon! All the best.

Reactions: LoveCanada231

LoveCanada231

Feb 28, 2021
What I would recommend is to prepare a well detailed letter and present your situation to the local MP and pray that he/she is willing to help.

Yours is definitely a unique situation, and most likely your file would be "non-routine" (read delays). Pre-pandemic, non-routine would take additional 1-2 years of processing time. Not sure what the current trend is, but wouldn't be any better. Hopefully you pass this hurdle soon! All the best.
Thank you for your thoughts and recommendations! I will definitely write that letter. I was hoping they would at least let me travel by giving a PR card and take their time with the citizenship application, but it seems it's too much to ask given my situation.

Thank you again for reading and giving your thoughts!

Last edited:
Reactions: vvarma

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I am not sure about the "obliged" part. I requested mine Sept or Oct 2021 and have never received them.
Well its covered under ATIP federal law. I ordered twice since November when I was first invited for test. The one in Nov took exactly 60 days. The one I ordered recently for CBSA (Feb I believe) came exactly in 40 days. I am aware many applicants who have not received GCMS at all. But for recent trends, a simple forum search will show that candidates are receiving in 30 days until last month atleast.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Well its covered under ATIP federal law. I ordered twice since November when I was first invited for test. The one in Nov took exactly 60 days. The one I ordered recently for CBSA (Feb I believe) came exactly in 40 days. I am aware many applicants who have not received GCMS at all. But for recent trends, a simple forum search will show that candidates are receiving in 30 days until last month atleast.
Yes, but I commented on the "obliged" part, because in reality officers can decide not to give them

Reactions: vvarma

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Yes, but I commented on the "obliged" part, because in reality officers can decide not to give them
True...not sure when or why that would be the case though. Such instances can always be escalated and contested. Its your right!
Edit: Most likely your file is in "deemed refusal" status and can be contested with the OIC. legalfalcon has provided us with some pretty good insight here

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
True...not sure when or why that would be the case though. Such instances can always be escalated and contested. Its your right!
Edit: Most likely your file is in "deemed refusal" status and can be contested with the OIC. legalfalcon has provided us with some pretty good insight here
I took my oath and I am waiting the damn golden passport that can fly. I think they can decide not to give them if they think it interferes with their job. I don't care about it now.

Reactions: nani1106

CanManPlan

Apr 7, 2022
Hello Everyone - Just wanted to pick everyone's brains. I applied in August 2020 like most of you and got the citizenship test invite in early December 2021. I completed the test in mid December 2021 and it has been updated to complete. I have however haven't seen a change in the other requirements such as physical presence , prohibitions etc ....and obviously haven't received an invite for the oath. Is anyone else in the same boat ? Is it just about sitting tight now and waiting for them to move things along?