+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

jaina805

Mar 16, 2022
hi all, here's my timeline (Mississauga-based):
  • Background Completed - Mar 2021
  • Test Completed - Jan 2022
  • Prohibitions, Language, Physical Presence Completed - Feb 15 2022
so basically, all I have left Not Started is Citizenship Ceremony - what does this mean? Am I still waiting for anything else to be reviewed or it's just a scheduling matter?

Do you think it's safe to book international travel for June 2022? Purely leisure purposes.

Reactions: Kornet

CanManPlan

Apr 7, 2022
hi all, here's my timeline (Mississauga-based):
  • Background Completed - Mar 2021
  • Test Completed - Jan 2022
  • Prohibitions, Language, Physical Presence Completed - Feb 15 2022
so basically, all I have left Not Started is Citizenship Ceremony - what does this mean? Am I still waiting for anything else to be reviewed or it's just a scheduling matter?

Do you think it's safe to book international travel for June 2022? Purely leisure purposes.
I am No expert but this would mean you are in the home stretch , I am still waiting for the stuff to change . Only my test is indicated as complete.

Reactions: Kornet

vir03

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Hello Everyone - Just wanted to pick everyone's brains. I applied in August 2020 like most of you and got the citizenship test invite in early December 2021. I completed the test in mid December 2021 and it has been updated to complete. I have however haven't seen a change in the other requirements such as physical presence , prohibitions etc ....and obviously haven't received an invite for the oath. Is anyone else in the same boat ? Is it just about sitting tight now and waiting for them to move things along?
Same here

LoveCanada231

Feb 28, 2021
Hello Everyone - Just wanted to pick everyone's brains. I applied in August 2020 like most of you and got the citizenship test invite in early December 2021. I completed the test in mid December 2021 and it has been updated to complete. I have however haven't seen a change in the other requirements such as physical presence , prohibitions etc ....and obviously haven't received an invite for the oath. Is anyone else in the same boat ? Is it just about sitting tight now and waiting for them to move things along?
I’m in the same shape as you. I gave the test back in October and they asked for Passport copies immediately after and no news from then since. My case is peculiar though, I have talked about my case earlier in this thread.

• Sad
Reactions: CanManPlan

CanManPlan

Apr 7, 2022
I’m in the same shape as you. I gave the test back in October and they asked for Passport copies immediately after and no news from then since. My case is peculiar though, I have talked about my case earlier in this thread.
Thanks man!! Yes I remember your update. Lets hope this moves quickly.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all , if a family submitted Paper application and one of the family failed in the test and he is awaiting for the retest , can the rest of the family who passed the test get DM update ?

Sniperflutt

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
Hello
Did anyone get any updates from Mississauga office recently? I start to believe the office is not working on any files from Aug 2020 applicants anymore :(
I did my exam back in June 2021 and since that I had only a ghost update on my file on Nov 2021 with no actual progress. If I send an email to the mail address that send me the test invitation will that help to accelerate the process?
after along period of silence since Jul 2021, couple of days ago we received a request to send a copy of my wife's passports to IRCC. Despite that I already submitted a copy of the passports when I initially send the application! is that normal?
Anyhow I prepared the needed "New" copy and I send it to them, but when I check the tracker I can't see any of these updates, neither there request of the passports copy or me sending it to them! I am really confused what is going on here?

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
after along period of silence since Jul 2021, couple of days ago we received a request to send a copy of my wife's passports to IRCC. Despite that I already submitted a copy of the passports when I initially send the application! is that normal?
Anyhow I prepared the needed "New" copy and I send it to them, but when I check the tracker I can't see any of these updates, neither there request of the passports copy or me sending it to them! I am really confused what is going on here?
@Sniperflutt it's standard these days to have a Passport's copy request. I will advise you to send them an email requesting them to acknowledge the receipt of the passport's copy. Keep in mind that it doesn't show up on the tracker.
Regards

Reactions: vvarma

manmohan8932

Nov 19, 2016
Hi

i got invitation for oat ceremony which is schedule for next week but i haven't receive any email regarding this yet. I am trying to find iut i should follow up with ircc or i should wait ?