Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Update: did my Oath on March 28, tracker set to close on March 30, certificate received April 4. For a really slow process, this last part has gone really quick. BC Victoria applicant.

Reactions: vvarma

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Update: did my Oath on March 28, tracker set to close on March 30, certificate received April 4. For a really slow process, this last part has gone really quick. BC Victoria applicant.
I had my oath on March 15 and as at now no certificate. I requested for expedited processing with evidence. I called today and it’s not even printed. My file was closed on March 22. I just give up.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
I had my oath on March 15 and as at now no certificate. I requested for expedited processing with evidence. I called today and it’s not even printed. My file was closed on March 22. I just give up.
Yeah there is no rhyme or reason to how they process things. It could all be dependent on the VO that your file is at, or that they just randomly pick applications up.

LoveCanada231

Feb 28, 2021
Were you outside Canada for extended period of time in the last 5 years?
5 years ago from today, no, been in Canada almost all the time. 5 years ago from the time of the application (August 2020), I was finishing my undergrad in the US, was really young then (21) and didn't understand anything about PR requirements, got a Section 44 report at the border. My days for the citizenship app were complete though.

I know the root cause for the delays on my file are because of the Section 44 report, but I'm not sure how long are the delays going to be.

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
5 years ago from today, no, been in Canada almost all the time. 5 years ago from the time of the application (August 2020), I was finishing my undergrad in the US, was really young then (21) and didn't understand anything about PR requirements, got a Section 44 report at the border. My days for the citizenship app were complete though.

I know the root cause for the delays on my file are because of the Section 44 report, but I'm not sure how long are the delays going to be.
Did you resolve the issue of not meeting RO? If not, this may have repercussion on both applications

LoveCanada231

Feb 28, 2021
Did you resolve the issue of not meeting RO? If not, this may have repercussion on both applications
The report said they would call for an interview but they never did. I’ve applied for a PR card 2 other times, they gave it to me once and I’ve travelled a couple of times too.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
The report said they would call for an interview but they never did. I’ve applied for a PR card 2 other times, they gave it to me once and I’ve travelled a couple of times too.
Strange. You mean you renewed it successfully after being reported before? I am not sure if you met RO after being reported makes the issue goes away. Anyway, I was just trying to understand why the excessive delays.

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
How long does it take to get the ATIP.?
I requested my GCMS notes last November I havent received them yet. However since then I received test invite, received passport pages request , and oath invite. You can never tell. Hopefully your request triggers your application to move faster.

Reactions: LoveCanada231

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
When ceremonies were still in person, the citizenship certificate was handed right after the ceremony. This means it was printed before they even showed up for the ceremony.
It doesn't really make sense why one's certificate is not printed after 3 weeks of taking the oath. Only reason I can think of is that probably the printer is broken, or maybe someone forgot to or is not doing their job. ?

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello,
I need some some help to see what’s happening with my application. I am an August 2020 applicant from Ottawa. Got invitation for the test in Dec 2021. Completed test 04-Jan-2022. All the status changed to completed on 25-Jan-2022 except citizenship ceremony. It still shows not started.
I haven’t received any email from them for oath ceremony. I tried calling them but all I was told that latest information is available online and now majority of the time they don’t even answer the call.
I have some really important plans in place for travelling outside of Canada in July this year and which like 3 months from now so I am bit of worried since there is NO update at all from them. It has been more than 2months since last update.
Any ideas or thoughts anybody can share?

Thank you
Try requesting GCMS notes. Hopefully that triggers a movement in your file.
As for travelling,determines which is more important ( travel or citizenship). If I am you I will go ahead with my travel plans ( with the tickets now you get a free travel change) . If I get the oath invite before I leave , then I re examine my plans and make changes if necessary. If the invite comes while I am out of the country, I do the same. The point is you never know when they will reach out to you, and you cannot put a hault on your life because of them. Well for me .

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
When ceremonies were still in person, the citizenship certificate was handed right after the ceremony. This means it was printed before they even showed up for the ceremony.
It doesn't really make sense why one's certificate is not printed after 3 weeks of taking the oath. Only reason I can think of is that probably the printer is broken, or maybe someone forgot to or is not doing their job. ?
The general trend suggests that the processes changed due to Covid. Now they print it after the ceremony - could even be few days after, and then gets mailed out after few days. There are many candidates who wait for 4+ weeks to receive the cert. Vancouver LVO seem to be more consistent with certs received within 10 days on an average basis. Best way to calculate is to remove an average duration in 2022 the LVO has taken from the spreadsheet tracker.

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
I requested my GCMS notes last November I havent received them yet. However since then I received test invite, received passport pages request , and oath invite. You can never tell. Hopefully your request triggers your application to move faster.
for citizenship, GCMS notes, I believes they don't send.