+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hello,
I need some some help to see what’s happening with my application. I am an August 2020 applicant from Ottawa. Got invitation for the test in Dec 2021. Completed test 04-Jan-2022. All the status changed to completed on 25-Jan-2022 except citizenship ceremony. It still shows not started.
I haven’t received any email from them for oath ceremony. I tried calling them but all I was told that latest information is available online and now majority of the time they don’t even answer the call.
I have some really important plans in place for travelling outside of Canada in July this year and which like 3 months from now so I am bit of worried since there is NO update at all from them. It has been more than 2months since last update.
Any ideas or thoughts anybody can share?

Thank you
Unfortunately thats the story of several other applicants. August 2020 thread had lots of movement somewhere in mid to late-2021. Those lucky ones were done with the Oath during that time. After that IRCC seems to have moved on. Current trends indicate they are actively sending Oath Invites to 2021 applicants. Seems like IRCC is now sticking to their under 1 year target for Citizenship file closure and even achieving it - all at the expense of 2019/2020 applicants. Kinda gross and unfair, tbh

You don't have much options at this point. Try to get in touch with your MP and explain your situation, and last option is Mandamus through a lawyer.

jd93

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-10-16
AOR Received.
24-10-16
August 2020 applicant with Oath done on March 28, 2022. Oath invitation was received on March 16, 2022. Glad to say that after 10 years in this country i am finally 'CANADIAN'

THANKS TO THIS GROUP

Jessie01

Mar 29, 2020
August 2020 applicant with Oath done on March 28, 2022. Oath invitation was received on March 16, 2022. Glad to say that after 10 years in this country i am finally 'CANADIAN'

THANKS TO THIS GROUP
Congratulation!
can you pls share,
What was your local processing center?

gurwindersg

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hi guys i got me test done in November show passed on dec 2 2021. August application
Haven’t heard anything after dec
My india. passport expiring in june shall i get it renewed or hope for canadian passport till june

Jan 26, 2022
Case Closed! Thank you so much for all your support. Wish you all Good Luck on your applications. I am at New Brunswick for those of you who are asking.

Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.

Mar 30, 2022
Citizenship oath status has been updated to Completed

Mar 22, 2022
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on March 22, 2022.

Feb 28, 2022
Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress

Jan 21, 2022
Language skills status has been updated to Completed

Jan 21, 2022
Physical presence status has been updated to Completed

Jan 21, 2022
Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed

Nov 23, 2021
Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed

Nov 4, 2021
Scheduled for citizenship test

Oct 26, 2021
Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress

Aug 20, 2021
Background verification status has been updated to Completed

Jul 5, 2021

Application filed

kristacanada

May 30, 2018
Hello,
I need some some help to see what’s happening with my application. I am an August 2020 applicant from Ottawa. Got invitation for the test in Dec 2021. Completed test 04-Jan-2022. All the status changed to completed on 25-Jan-2022 except citizenship ceremony. It still shows not started.
I haven’t received any email from them for oath ceremony. I tried calling them but all I was told that latest information is available online and now majority of the time they don’t even answer the call.
I have some really important plans in place for travelling outside of Canada in July this year and which like 3 months from now so I am bit of worried since there is NO update at all from them. It has been more than 2months since last update.

Thank you
August 2020 Ottawa applicant as well here with a similar experience. Took the test in December 2021, everything changed to complete in December 2021. Still no oath yet.

Would encourage you to join us over on this Ottawa thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ottawa-applications.702017/page-64#post-10028358

Reactions: Saki2020

Saki2020

Mar 18, 2020
Hello,

Thank you
I have the same timeline. Everything was updated to completed on January 25th.. checked the old tracker it said decision made.. and then nothing. I keep checking everyday hoping there will be some movement. I guess all we can do is be patient .. like always :(

Reactions: kristacanada

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Online tracker status officially updated to closed on march 30 (ceremony on march 28). Is it 2-4 weeks from when the application was closed, or does that mean they've likely printed the certificate already?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Online tracker status officially updated to closed on march 30 (ceremony on march 28). Is it 2-4 weeks from when the application was closed, or does that mean they've likely printed the certificate already?
2-4 weeks from oath's date. In your case there isn't much difference.

deborsi

Feb 14, 2022
Edmonton
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Oath completed on the 24th of March, application status set to "Closed" yesterday. Certificate on the way and then to move on to the passport application.

Reactions: vvarma

LoveCanada231

Feb 28, 2021
Hey All,

August 2020 applicant with Physical Presence, Language Requirements and Prohibitions still in progress. Wanted an opinion of something that changed on my online citizenship tracker - The last updated date changed from October 25th 2021 (when I last gave my citizenship test) to March 20, 2022 even though none of the statuses have been updated. Does this mean something or it's probably just a ghost update?

Thank you!
My case is very weird, my PR card expired and I filled out a PR card renewal application in July 2021 but no movement there too after they acknowledged that they got the application

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hey All,

August 2020 applicant with Physical Presence, Language Requirements and Prohibitions still in progress. Wanted an opinion of something that changed on my online citizenship tracker - The last updated date changed from October 25th 2021 (when I last gave my citizenship test) to March 20, 2022 even though none of the statuses have been updated. Does this mean something or it's probably just a ghost update?

Thank you!
My case is very weird, my PR card expired and I filled out a PR card renewal application in July 2021 but no movement there too after they acknowledged that they got the application
Why is your PR renewal taking such a looooooooooong time? This is weird! It shouldn't have taken more than 4-5 months - unless timelines have changed.
Citizenship tracker was probably a ghost update. Most likely your Background (Criminality) expired and they re-ordered and updated it on your file. They are valid for 1 year only.

Reactions: LoveCanada231

LoveCanada231

Feb 28, 2021
Why is your PR renewal taking such a looooooooooong time? This is weird! It shouldn't have taken more than 4-5 months - unless timelines have changed.
Citizenship tracker was probably a ghost update. Most likely your Background (Criminality) expired and they re-ordered and updated it on your file. They are valid for 1 year only.
Thank you for your response! I have filed for ATIP (GCMS notes) requests for both the applications, I'm curious to see if there will be any useful information there

Reactions: vvarma