+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
@vvarma I'm speaking about the same Canada you are referring to.. and I am not wrong. Your information is only applicable to your circle of friends and family, and maybe some coworkers. I'm speaking for the vast majority of immigrants. Thank you for your input though.
Well, when you say that "Companies do not recognize foreign education or work experience" for the "vast majority of immigrants" and are doing survival jobs==> could you also provide your source please? The source should reference factual data/statistics showing majority, meaning 50% + of educated immigrants working in survival jobs. It would help me in re-forming my opinion about the labor markets in Canada. Thanks!

As an FYI, I am including a deep study of how recent Immigrants (with foreign education) performed against Canadian-born from a period of 2006-2019. Its slightly long but an interesting read @ http://www.csls.ca/reports/csls2020-03.pdf

Combining the statistics for both wages and employment rates below - with survival jobs included in these figures, an average of higher wages shows a higher proportion of immigrants working in skilled category. The research has lots more statistics covering different qualifications too.

Please refer to Panel C, page 18 > 2019 Very Recent Immigrants with a University Degree, Nominal Average Hourly Wage = $26.73

The relative wages of very recent immigrants increased by 4.5 percentage points from 78.4 per cent of the Canadian-born wage in 2016 to 82.9 per cent in 2019; the relative wages of recent immigrants grew by 3.7 percentage points from 85.0 per cent of the Canadian-born wage in 2016 to 88.6 per cent in 2019. The estimates indicate that very recent and recent immigrants delivered an improved labour market performance across education levels from 2006 to 2019 as compared to Canadian-born.

Of all the outcomes, the employment rates of new immigrants experienced the largest increase from 2006 to 2019. The employment rate of very recent immigrants increased by 6.8 percentage points from 57.2 per cent in 2006 to 64.0 per cent in 2019, while the rate of recent immigrants increased by 6.0 percentage points from 65.2 per cent to 71.2 per cent. In contrast, the employment rate of the Canadian-born decreased by 2.0 percentage points from 64.5 per cent to 62.5 per cent.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hi there,

I'm an August 2020 applicant from Vancouver and I received an invite to do the Online Citizenship Test which I took on the 2nd of May. I got the results after I hit submit, however I never received an email with my results, nor confirmation on whether or not I submitted the test. Did anyone else go through the same? Is this going to be an issue?
Also, how long between the test and getting the invite to take the Oath?

I'm just worried because it seems like a last hurdle in the process and I don't wanna screw it up.

Thank you so much for you time. :):)
I have seen applicants who faced the same problem as you. They did follow up with the call center and were assured that everything was OK. If I were you, I would do the same thing for a peaceful night's sleep. Wrt the timelines between Test and Oath - to be honest, its anybody's guess at this point. I am following few threads and its not looking very promising. It can go from 1 month to 3+ months and counting. Not sure why CIC is going slow even with the virtual Oath ceremonies. Its stressful for sure!

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada's immigration overpromises lots of benefits by immigrating to Canada, but the reality is completely different when you arrive here. The labor market is distorted, there are limited opportunities in many fields across industries, and the Companies do not recognize foreign education or work experience. That's why you see thousands of professionals working in survival jobs because they need to get retrained in order to make a competitive wage rate. And I can assure you that a lot of the immigrants are even more educated than the Canadian counterparts but they are overlooked by the companies just because they are foreign-trained.

So to counter your argument, I agree that Canada needs immigrants, just like the United States, Australia, UK etc. But Canada needs to do a better job at integrating new immigrants into the labor markets, and companies need to provide opportunities beyond the hierarchy that is established here in order to let immigrants thrive.
The govt. Is working in one direction and corporates are working in another by building employment barriers for newcomers ... and i will leave it to that

Reactions: novascotia27
Dec 4, 2020
The ever ending wait.... Considering mental health is such a hot topic right now in the house of commons, I think the govt needs to do a serious assessment of how much stress and mental torture any immigrant has to go through during several years of their journey to citizenship.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
The ever ending wait.... Considering mental health is such a hot topic right now in the house of commons, I think the govt needs to do a serious assessment of how much stress and mental torture any immigrant has to go through during several years of their journey to citizenship.
Agreed. But they don’t care, the cost outweighs the benefit of investing in more resources to process applications.

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Hi Guys just an updated for August group
Applied sent on Aug 21 - 2020 ,
Got AOR on Dec - 02 -2020
Got invite for Exam on April 20 from Niagara Office
Online exam completion on May 04 (results emailed, but awaiting official confirmation............hope its days not months wait)

All the best group

Last edited:

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys just an updated for August group
Applied sent on Aug 21 - 2020 ,
Got AOR on Dec - 02 -2020
Got invite for Exam on April 20 from Niagara Office
Online exam completion on May 04 (results emailed, but awaiting official confirmation............hope its days not months wait)

All the best group
Congrats. Looks like Niagara Office is working efficiently to get trough the applications.
They should send some of our GTA applications to them.

gantisunil86

Sep 9, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
So i just tried checking my status and looks like now we have to create account to check our status. I was able to do so and saw a much refined view of current status. so my background seems to have been completed.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Hey fellas, sharing with you my status on the new Dashboard, I guess they created this because many were requesting ATIP, so it is kind of a summerized ATIP.

Last update was April 23, 2021 overall status is "Your citizenship application status: In progress"
Although it says my application was filed Nov 26 which is the date I received the AOR and not my appliation received date (August 21st) as on ECAS.

Everything is in process (Language, physical precense, background check, prohibition) except, Test and Cermony (not started).

I called the IRCC two weeks back and they said my file was in-transit status to the local office. I read from this forum that files were transfered once the background check is completed at Sydney, but I guess this is no longer the case. Also on a GCMS notes I noticed a a rquest for Fingerprints but never received one.

Reactions: royce110

argenpeg

Jan 5, 2021
Hey fellas, sharing with you my status on the new Dashboard, I guess they created this because many were requesting ATIP, so it is kind of a summerized ATIP.

Last update was April 23, 2021 overall status is "Your citizenship application status: In progress"
Although it says my application was filed Nov 26 which is the date I received the AOR and not my appliation received date (August 21st) as on ECAS.

Everything is in process (Language, physical precense, background check, prohibition) except, Test and Cermony (not started).

I called the IRCC two weeks back and they said my file was in-transit status to the local office. I read from this forum that files were transfered once the background check is completed at Sydney, but I guess this is no longer the case. Also on a GCMS notes I noticed a a rquest for Fingerprints but never received one.
Can you please show us how to access this new dashboard ? is it only for those who took the test ? Thanks.

VishalRathi

Oct 12, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
02-02-2015 to Warsaw, Poland
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015, Got TLU 5 months after Medicals, No Re-medicals though
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
23rd January 2016 at YVR (Vancouver)
Well, when you say that "Companies do not recognize foreign education or work experience" for the "vast majority of immigrants" and are doing survival jobs==> could you also provide your source please? The source should reference factual data/statistics showing majority, meaning 50% + of educated immigrants working in survival jobs. It would help me in re-forming my opinion about the labor markets in Canada. Thanks!

As an FYI, I am including a deep study of how recent Immigrants (with foreign education) performed against Canadian-born from a period of 2006-2019. Its slightly long but an interesting read @ http://www.csls.ca/reports/csls2020-03.pdf

Combining the statistics for both wages and employment rates below - with survival jobs included in these figures, an average of higher wages shows a higher proportion of immigrants working in skilled category. The research has lots more statistics covering different qualifications too.

Please refer to Panel C, page 18 > 2019 Very Recent Immigrants with a University Degree, Nominal Average Hourly Wage = $26.73

The relative wages of very recent immigrants increased by 4.5 percentage points from 78.4 per cent of the Canadian-born wage in 2016 to 82.9 per cent in 2019; the relative wages of recent immigrants grew by 3.7 percentage points from 85.0 per cent of the Canadian-born wage in 2016 to 88.6 per cent in 2019. The estimates indicate that very recent and recent immigrants delivered an improved labour market performance across education levels from 2006 to 2019 as compared to Canadian-born.

Of all the outcomes, the employment rates of new immigrants experienced the largest increase from 2006 to 2019. The employment rate of very recent immigrants increased by 6.8 percentage points from 57.2 per cent in 2006 to 64.0 per cent in 2019, while the rate of recent immigrants increased by 6.0 percentage points from 65.2 per cent to 71.2 per cent. In contrast, the employment rate of the Canadian-born decreased by 2.0 percentage points from 64.5 per cent to 62.5 per cent.
V Varma -
These articles and studies are not as correct as they seem, this is the reason that the govt is not able to address the problem of skill transfer to Canada.
Outside the technical field, it is not at all easy (especially if you talk about Management people, Medicine background (dentists and doctors) and lawyers, for people to secure a good job or start where they should.

The employers are not at all aware of what kind of talent is coming to Canada,
And the job market here is such, that people start working at a very young age, and a 30 year old South Asian (Indian Pakistani Sri Lankan Bangladeshi) with MBA doesn’t have too much chance against a high school graduate who ‘knew’ the right people and has 14 years of direct experience , and also because mother father or some uncle worked in that industry for some time. Also, it is a different atmosphere, a different world with a different level of linguistic skills, speaking English is not enough, not knowing French has its cons too, and the silent racism, nepotism are also huge factors.

But (I won’t call it a clown govt because it isn’t) the efforts from the govt are wasted because of the agencies that claim to be assisting newcomers, but aren’t any good other than offering survival jobs in factories and warehouses, and paper printing services.

It is a business for them, a mode of employing 5-people in the name of helping the new comers.
Your stats don’t really stand a chance in the real world, unless you only know IT or Finance people or people who know some more people. Not entirely your fault though.

Reactions: novascotia27