+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
If it helps anyone - got my GCMS notes last week and here are the highlights.

- Paper Application from August 2020 still "in transit" to local office.
- Fingerprints Required but no request initiated yet, had a due date which passed long time ago.
- Eligibility, Criminality, etc have a due date of March 2022.

The overall message I got from GCMS notes is to not worry about it as it's just a big joke. Lol.
This only tells me that "luck" is the deciding factor in getting Citizenship in a timely manner.. the whole IRCC is a f*ing joke.. sorry about your GCMS notes.. it's discouraging.

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Thank you , i posted mine on August 20th ,2020, got AOR in Dec , so guess they started processing from Jan i think never paid attention to it , i was kinda the delay it gets better for me , as had travel plans to India .
We have a very similar timeline ( Posted and delivered Aug 19-20; AOR Nov 26, In process Jan 21 ) - so I was very hopeful about any potential test invite for me but nothing so far!
Good luck to all of us. :)

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Anyone from August group from Windsor whose primary office is tagged as Windsor & Secondary office is tagged as GTA Central office ???

eld0rad0

Jan 4, 2021
We have a very similar timeline ( Posted and delivered Aug 19-20; AOR Nov 26, In process Jan 21 ) - so I was very hopeful about any potential test invite for me but nothing so far!
Good luck to all of us. :)
Similarly here, timeline below:

Received/Delivered – Aug. 20, 2020
In Process – Jan. 23, 2021
LVO – Vancouver (currently finalizing applications from late 2019 :oops:)

Fingers crossed for us all.

Reactions: Anjushka
Dec 4, 2020
Similarly here, timeline below:

Received/Delivered – Aug. 20, 2020
In Process – Jan. 23, 2021
LVO – Vancouver (currently finalizing applications from late 2019 :oops:)

Fingers crossed for us all.
Only if they actually worked on applications....

Pandemic is just another excuse for these paper pushers. IRCC has a fixed annual budget and they don't lay off workers like private sector does so the fact that pandemic affected the working especially since they theoretically shut borders down is very hard to swallow. But how would I know.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Only if they actually worked on applications....

Pandemic is just another excuse for these paper pushers. IRCC has a fixed annual budget and they don't lay off workers like private sector does so the fact that pandemic affected the working especially since they theoretically shut borders down is very hard to swallow. But how would I know.
IRCC staff started working from home too, I’m sure they don’t have the capabilities and technologies as the private sector does. They too went on a learning curve by working from home. I imagine having thousands and thousands of paper applications just sitting there waiting for processing.

The real issue here is that IRCC was already behind citizenship applications even before the pandemic started.. that’s why they are “processing” April 2019 applicants!! Coupled with the pandemic, the perfect receipt for disaster and excuses on top of excuses…

Also, the problem is Trudeau and his clown office and his ambitions to bring in a million PRs in such a short period of time when IRCC don’t have the capabilities, resources and adequate technology investments to absorbs all the immigration programs!! I think a lot of Citizenship officers were reallocated to processing PR, Temp visas application and hence, citizenship processing times slowed down to the point we are today.

• Sad
Reactions: safety008

mushtaqz

Apr 29, 2017
AOR shouldn't really matter since they've started processing your application (AOR is always before this). I am assuming you got the information online or via phone, please confirm. Also, it is possible that the AOR email got stuck in your email's junk folder.
Thank you for your response. I got this information online via ECAS after adding my details. I have not contacted IRCC with regards to this. I have been checking my emails quite frequently I don't think I received AOR. Not sure if anybody else is having the same situation. Thanks.

mushtaqz

Apr 29, 2017
IRCC is having difficulties sending out AOR in a timely manner. As long as your online status shows AOR, then it means real AOR. And they will update you again if it goes to "In Process". Good Luck!
Thank you. My application status online on ECAS shows In-process, I was worried about not receiving AOR via email. I think it does not matter than as long as you have online status showing in process.

Reactions: safety008

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, the problem is Trudeau and his clown office and his ambitions to bring in a million PRs in such a short period of time when IRCC don’t have the capabilities, resources and adequate technology investments to absorbs all the immigration programs!! I think a lot of Citizenship officers were reallocated to processing PR, Temp visas application and hence, citizenship processing times slowed down to the point we are today.
This is unfortunately true. I recently met someone who used to work in the Scarborough LVO and has since retired and she said this is what is happening currently. They have allocated resources and given priority to the family sponsor, PR and Refugee applications.

In a nutshell what she said was most citizenship applications (there are exceptions of course) are looked at with relatively lesser importance in terms of processing in comparison to the aforementioned types, reason being most people who apply for citizenship are already PRs and their living or employment situation is not going to change drastically upon receipt of Citizenship. Again I am not trying to spark a debate but there are exceptions to this like those who obtain federal jobs, frontline & healthcare etc.

I wish they were more efficient in hiring and training more people to process the backlog especially in places like GTA which was backlogged even pre-pandemic.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
If it helps anyone - got my GCMS notes last week and here are the highlights.

- Paper Application from August 2020 still "in transit" to local office.
- Fingerprints Required but no request initiated yet, had a due date which passed long time ago.
- Eligibility, Criminality, etc have a due date of March 2022.

The overall message I got from GCMS notes is to not worry about it as it's just a big joke. Lol.
How long did it take you to get the notes?

marcusvfm2

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Montréal, QC
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07/12/2017
AOR Received.
09/03/2017
Med's Done....
08/01/2017
Got approved for Urgent processing yesterday. Can you kindly update the tracker?

Dec 4, 2020
This is unfortunately true. I recently met someone who used to work in the Scarborough LVO and has since retired and she said this is what is happening currently. They have allocated resources and given priority to the family sponsor, PR and Refugee applications.

In a nutshell what she said was most citizenship applications (there are exceptions of course) are looked at with relatively lesser importance in terms of processing in comparison to the aforementioned types, reason being most people who apply for citizenship are already PRs and their living or employment situation is not going to change drastically upon receipt of Citizenship. Again I am not trying to spark a debate but there are exceptions to this like those who obtain federal jobs, frontline & healthcare etc.

I wish they were more efficient in hiring and training more people to process the backlog especially in places like GTA which was backlogged even pre-pandemic.
Well those new immigration programs were just announced so I am not sure what exactly was holding them back pre-pandemic and in-pandemic.
I can understand security concerns working from home when dealing with so much personal data of clients but they also invested in online application processing right during the pandemic.
It's just hard to wrap my head around the fact that they ran out or ran low on resources because of pandemic.
Personally, if I was working in this department and had no accountability but was guaranteed salary and pension I would probably spend my days f****** the dog too. Lol.

My gcms notes indicate decision is due by March 2022 which I think might be realistic. The person processing my application was probably atleast honest. Haha

• Haha
Reactions: rafzy