+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
V Varma -
These articles and studies are not as correct as they seem, this is the reason that the govt is not able to address the problem of skill transfer to Canada.
Outside the technical field, it is not at all easy (especially if you talk about Management people, Medicine background (dentists and doctors) and lawyers, for people to secure a good job or start where they should.

The employers are not at all aware of what kind of talent is coming to Canada,
And the job market here is such, that people start working at a very young age, and a 30 year old South Asian (Indian Pakistani Sri Lankan Bangladeshi) with MBA doesn’t have too much chance against a high school graduate who ‘knew’ the right people because mother father or some uncle worked in that industry for some time, and also it is a different atmosphere, linguistic skills are different, the silent racism, nepotism, and (I won’t call it a clown govt because it isn’t) the efforts from the govt are wasted because of the agencies that claim to be assisting newcomers, but aren’t any good other than offering survival jobs in factories and warehouses, and paper printing services.

It is a business for them, a mode of employing 5-people in the name of helping the new comers.
Your stats don’t really stand a chance in the real world, unless you only know IT or Finance people or people who know some more people.
I completely agree that for specialty occupations like law or medicines, you will need additional Canadian certs/qualifications - for obvious reasons. Thats true for any country actually. But then for other non-specialized occupations - management included, it won't be a true statement that you compulsorily need Canadian Experience and Canadian Education to get a proper job - which OP was suggesting. If one makes such strong statements - a verified source supporting the claim needs to be provided, considering that this is a public forum - don't you agree?

Also those stats are from a renowned source and are detailed on the granular level - which corroborates the fact which I mentioned in my earlier post that almost all of my contacts (and I know many) got a job in their profession within months (and not years) of coming to Canada. That is not to say that that's always the case; but not applicable for the majority of the cases as OP had suggested. Its easy to dismiss such reports, stats and figures on the face of widespread negativity - but people fail to realize that if Canada was such a bad country then there wouldn't be close to 2 million educated people in the immigration pool waiting to call Canada their home.

And finally, as an advice, never to go to these so-called agencies. That's the biggest mistake an immigrant would do. For me its been there, done that and I know their crooked ways. One need to be confident and aggressive in the job market by their own self. I would rather not go deeper since this specific forum is for Citizenship - August. Best of luck!

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
My status from the new dashboard: Background check = Completed, Language, physical presence, prohibition = In process, Test and Ceremony = Not started.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
My status from the new dashboard: Background check = Completed, Language, physical presence, prohibition = In process, Test and Ceremony = Not started.
when was your background check completed and what is your application lat update date ?

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Any applicants who are above the age threshold for testing and waiting for just the decision? I would have thought the simpler applications might just get processed quicker and taken off the pile. Wishful thinking probably but the IRCC's response to my aunt's application is that they haven't started reviewing her residency requirements yet (she's at almost 1900 days) and when they confirm that, it will go to a virtual oath

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
There's a fundamental rule to scoring a good job which applies universally - you need to know someone to get in.

Nepotism is very much alive in Canada just as in EVERY other country and it's just the way humans have been for centuries so good luck changing that.
Immigrated to Canada 3+ yrs ago without knowing anyone here ...no family, no friend. Landed first job with provincial govt in 4 mths and recently got fed job; both jobs high paying for my business mgt background. Your job search is peculiar to you : believe you need someone to ref you, so it will be. Believe your skills and experience can get you in, so be it. I’ve gotten more advancement in Canada in 3yrs than in my home country for 10yrs; all without knowing anyone.

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
This is a good discussion, deserves to be a separate thread, rather than be buried inside August 2020 :)

Immigrated to Canada 3+ yrs ago without knowing anyone here ...no family, no friend. Landed first job with provincial govt in 4 mths and recently got fed job; both jobs high paying for my business mgt background. Your job search is peculiar to you : believe you need someone to ref you, so it will be. Believe your skills and experience can get you in, so be it. I’ve gotten more advancement in Canada in 3yrs than in my home country for 10yrs; all without knowing anyone.

VishalRathi

Oct 12, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
02-02-2015 to Warsaw, Poland
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015, Got TLU 5 months after Medicals, No Re-medicals though
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
23rd January 2016 at YVR (Vancouver)
Reactions: safety008

VishalRathi

Oct 12, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
I completely agree that for specialty occupations like law or medicines, you will need additional Canadian certs/qualifications - for obvious reasons. Thats true for any country actually. But then for other non-specialized occupations - management included, it won't be a true statement that you compulsorily need Canadian Experience and Canadian Education to get a proper job - which OP was suggesting. If one makes such strong statements - a verified source supporting the claim needs to be provided, considering that this is a public forum - don't you agree?

Also those stats are from a renowned source and are detailed on the granular level - which corroborates the fact which I mentioned in my earlier post that almost all of my contacts (and I know many) got a job in their profession within months (and not years) of coming to Canada. That is not to say that that's always the case; but not applicable for the majority of the cases as OP had suggested. Its easy to dismiss such reports, stats and figures on the face of widespread negativity - but people fail to realize that if Canada was such a bad country then there wouldn't be close to 2 million educated people in the immigration pool waiting to call Canada their home.

And finally, as an advice, never to go to these so-called agencies. That's the biggest mistake an immigrant would do. For me its been there, done that and I know their crooked ways. One need to be confident and aggressive in the job market by their own self. I would rather not go deeper since this specific forum is for Citizenship - August. Best of luck!
Nothing is 100%,

and I didn’t say that it is compulsory to have an additional certification, or additional Canadian experience,
But in cases mentioned above, and many more, things aren’t as easy as they seem.

many well deserving people are stuck at various lower levels and it takes a while for them to grow.

You all do better here, eventually, no doubt about that. This country is better rewarding in so many other ways, and career isn’t the number one concern once you come here...
But not everybody is fired enough / resourceful enough / well equipped with means / understanding of the way things work.
But things should be better here, the govt should rather make sure that the labour market knows how to assess the credentials, and experience...
The employers should understand and know about these immigrants more... the gap is HUGE when it comes to this.

Reactions: novascotia27

VishalRathi

Oct 12, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
to be honest, I didn’t even get the job I feel I deserve yet, not a single day,
But yet I have done better than those who got that dream job in my home country (talking about MBA graduates from a reputed Autonomous institute in India),
Not comparing, but it was one of the smartest unintentional yet efficient thing I might have done for myself, (coming to Canada).
Many people make their way with in the first year, many get stuck in the spiral and continue to struggle, many recreate themselves, and some just keep afloat, not going anywhere specific, but they are afloat too.

And that’s Canada for you in a nutshell.

btw,Happy for you, maybe you can share what you did to find that job you mentioned, and your education + experience before that.
That will be insightful for all.

Reactions: novascotia27

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Nothing is 100%,

and I didn’t say that it is compulsory to have an additional certification, or additional Canadian experience,
But in cases mentioned above, and many more, things aren’t as easy as they seem.

many well deserving people are stuck at various lower levels and it takes a while for them to grow.

You all do better here, eventually, no doubt about that. This country is better rewarding in so many other ways, and career isn’t the number one concern once you come here...
But not everybody is fired enough / resourceful enough / well equipped with means / understanding of the way things work.
But things should be better here, the govt should rather make sure that the labour market knows how to assess the credentials, and experience...
The employers should understand and know about these immigrants more... the gap is HUGE when it comes to this.
I mentioned OP when I replied to you ==> “OP” stands for “original poster” or “original post.” and was referring to OP's baseless claims. Seems like you just replied to one of my earlier post without reading the full history and hence the confusion.

Also I feel that instead of pointing fingers at others (Agencies, Govts., Employers and the likes), one should also introspect - perhaps its not they but I who is going down the wrong path/taking flawed decisions/wrong attitude/etc. Ofcourse one will always find genuine setbacks - but just with a stroke of that brush, you paint the picture negative when others around are getting settled is not fair. And career may not be the only incentive for immigration, but is definitely amongst the top, if not topmost, reason for leaving one's home country. In the end, one can choose to criticize, blame others, read between the lines to find out negative points, and then there are others who collaborate with the existing system in place and try to settle themselves. Its a personal choice of approach and totally perceptional.

Lastly - this forum is dedicated to August 2020 Citizenship timelines. Please feel free to create a new thread as others have suggested. Thanks!

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
to be honest, I didn’t even get the job I feel I deserve yet, not a single day,
But yet I have done better than those who got that dream job in my home country (talking about MBA graduates from a reputed Autonomous institute in India),
Not comparing, but it was one of the smartest unintentional yet efficient thing I might have done for myself, (coming to Canada).
Many people make their way with in the first year, many get stuck in the spiral and continue to struggle, many recreate themselves, and some just keep afloat, not going anywhere specific, but they are afloat too.

And that’s Canada for you in a nutshell.

btw,Happy for you, maybe you can share what you did to find that job you mentioned, and your education + experience before that.
That will be insightful for all.
I’m not gonna kid you, i spent hours researching Canada before arriving especially the job market in relation to my goals. So I would say start with having a goal then it’s easier to research what’s available around it to help you achieve the goal.

I also made use of lots of free govt settlement programs to learn more about the Canadian workplace and fitting in. What I learnt from all those meetings was that Canadians value Intergrity: people who say what they mean and stick to it with no tricks. Personality goes a long way: offering to be helpful, humility, open minded, friendly etc; Canadians easily warm up to such people and would go out of their way to support and help. I can’t even begin to tell you the help that I’ve received; never underestimate personality.

So my background in my home country was banking what we call Financial Reps or Advisors here and I had a pgd in business studies when I arrived. Before landing, I also registered with 2 volunteering groups which helped me land a short gig with a bank. Also was able to gain admission to mba program (another of my goal); working and schooling full time. Since govt had always been my goal, I kept an open radar and used LinkedIn to network effectively. The rest is now history.

Overall, my faith kept me going and strong. I know most people say this is overrated but believing that God has my back at anytime helps me navigate tough situations and remain permanently optimistic. So there! That’s my uneventful lil story ...hope it helps you and others.

Last edited:
Reactions: vvarma

Pra257

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Everything is in progress when I checked mine. Last update is showing as 23 April. No FP request. anyone else application shows same as looks like most of the people has background check as completed

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everything is in progress when I checked mine. Last update is showing as 23 April. No FP request. anyone else application shows same as looks like most of the people has background check as completed
Mine is same as yours