+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>AUGUST 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Thermie

Oct 28, 2020
Hi. I am glad to hear good news from other applicants. I want to chime in and share my status too as I finally managed to talk to agent over phone today.

Express Entry Canadian Experience Class
AOR : 2020 Aug 29
Medical : 2020 Oct 19
BIL : 2020 Nov 19

Application Status
Eligibility : Passed
Criminality : In progress
Security : Not started yet

I have one question if anyone could help me. My passport expires in August this year and I was wondering if I should get extension or renewal now. Is there like minimum recommended dates left in passport when IRCC issue COPR or when making passport request?

Thanks
Yes. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the day of visa issuance.

Reactions: luk333

Sandynguyen

Star Member
Aug 16, 2020
I see. Thank you for confirmation. Will IRCC allow me to delay submitting passport if I need to extend it?
if you are inland application, they will not request PP and the COPR will be sent to you via email. If I was you, I would wait for a while to renew your passport as you are near the end of the process. As if you got new pp, you will need to inform IRCC about the new passport and it may delay your process ( it is just my personal opinion)
For sure, you will need to renew it but let wait for another 1,2 month until your COPR arrival as the 6-month validity is applied for outland applicants who need to use their passport to travel to Canada.

Reactions: luk333 and shank15

luk333

Feb 5, 2021
if you are inland application, they will not request PP and the COPR will be sent to you via email. If I was you, I would wait for a while to renew your passport as you are near the end of the process. As if you got new pp, you will need to inform IRCC about the new passport and it may delay your process ( it is just my personal opinion)
Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm inland applicant. Sorry about that. Yeah I guess that makes more sense. Now that flagpole is not an option, I am not sure how this new 'virtual landing' process is going to work. I'm still reading other posters' experience but couldn't find any conclusive description of process. I guess I'll contact IRCC office while waiting to make sure I don't end up in sticky situation.

markiv

Jul 31, 2019
Hi. I am glad to hear good news from other applicants. I want to chime in and share my status too as I finally managed to talk to agent over phone today.

Express Entry Canadian Experience Class
AOR : 2020 Aug 29
Medical : 2020 Oct 19
BIL : 2020 Nov 19

Application Status
Eligibility : Passed
Criminality : In progress
Security : Not started yet

I have one question if anyone could help me. My passport expires in August this year and I was wondering if I should get extension or renewal now. Is there like minimum recommended dates left in passport when IRCC issue COPR or when making passport request?

Thanks

Edit : forgot to mention that I'm inland applicant
Very tricky part. , someone experienced should answer. Keep ready for renewal of passport with all documents.

dxben

Star Member
May 24, 2020
Looking at the 'COPR this week thread', people from June/July have been getting COPRs/Approvals.

Can't wait until they start August!!!!
I guess all applications are in their respective visa offices. Now it depends on the visa office how they are working. My application is transferred to the London visa office in Nov but the situation in the UK is not good. Let's hope for positive news in the coming weeks.

Reactions: CarlCoco

CelanZ

Dec 30, 2019
YEs, and your spouse can travel now too if IRCC issues an authorization letter.

Immediate family members of temporary residents in Canada can obtain an authorization letter to travel to Canada.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#how-citizens-prs
Will this cause a problem for my current processing of EEPR?:

If I didn't claim I have a common-law partner in my EEPR application and now applying for an authorization letter for my common-law partner(outland) to reunite with me in Canada. I didn't claim that was because back in HK, common-law status does not exist. However, it's been a year for the long-distance relationship; we hope to reunite and get married. I am in limbo for both PR status and work visa status; nothing is confirmed. I am not sure if my partner applies for this authorization to affect the current assessment process?

AOR: Aug 2020
medical, bio: done
eligibility: in progress
background check: in progress

Nov 21, 2020

If I didn't claim I have a common-law partner in my EEPR application and now applying for an authorization letter for my common-law partner(outland) to reunite with me in Canada. I didn't claim that was because back in HK, common-law status does not exist. However, it's been a year for the long-distance relationship; we hope to reunite and get married. I am in limbo for both PR status and work visa status; nothing is confirmed. I am not sure if my partner applies for this authorization to affect the current assessment process?

Why don't you add your partner to the express entry application? It might delay by a few weeks/months but at least both of you will get the PR. If you get the PR, the minimum wait time for partner sponsorship afterwards is 1 year (or even more due to COVID).

Did you live together? Did you share bills/common bank account? If yes, you might be able to prove your relationship. I would personally recommend adding your partner to your application now as it will reduce the wait in the long run. Consider getting professional help.

Also, since you are from HK - have you looked into the new HK visa? Your spouse could try getting that. More info here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/02/canada-launches-hong-kong-pathway-that-will-attract-recent-graduates-and-skilled-workers-with-faster-permanent-residency.html

I am in a similar situation and I haven't seen my spouse for a year now and I know its super hard.

Goodluck!

Reactions: CelanZ

CelanZ

Dec 30, 2019
Leaving Canada mid of EE application Process:

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if we can leave canada while EE application Is in progress, I am currently on a WP and Submited my EE ( EE+PNP(OINP) ) Application on 21AUG2020. Apart from medicals & eligibility passed on october 1st 2020 ,there is no change in my application till date.

Currently want to go back to my home country for sometime and need to know whether the EE application will be cancelled or Rejected by IRCC as i am not here physically..

If anyone knows the process or have seen people in such a situation, kindly provide your comments...
Why don't you add your partner to the express entry application? It might delay by a few weeks/months but at least both of you will get the PR. If you get the PR, the minimum wait time for partner sponsorship afterwards is 1 year (or even more due to COVID).

Did you live together? Did you share bills/common bank account? If yes, you might be able to prove your relationship. I would personally recommend adding your partner to your application now as it will reduce the wait in the long run. Consider getting professional help.

Also, since you are from HK - have you looked into the new HK visa? Your spouse could try getting that. More info here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/02/canada-launches-hong-kong-pathway-that-will-attract-recent-graduates-and-skilled-workers-with-faster-permanent-residency.html

I am in a similar situation and I haven't seen my spouse for a year now and I know its super hard.

Goodluck!

Thank you so much for your response. This helps me so much, mentally. Yes, it's hard. Hang in there!

Wow, I've never thought about this! Because of the long wait, we both just do not want to add any more complications/waiting to the application right now. He is not in a hurry to get PR, but really want to get a travel authorization. It should not be hard for him to find a job here, if there's a job then comes PR. We just think that ensuring a solid PR (me) would make everything much easier. The fastest way to reunite is through the visit, which is essential to us. I am sure it's essential for everyone.

Yes, we know that new HK visa, but it does not apply to him. He is not from HK.

Thank you again. I hope you can figure out a way to reunite with your spouse soon! Take care!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

If you have a common law partner, you have to declare that in your e-ARP. You cannot have different information. Irrespective of whether HK recognises common law relationships or not, you had to disclose it in your application.

CelanZ

Dec 30, 2019
If you have a common law partner, you have to declare that in your e-ARP. You cannot have different information. Irrespective of whether HK recognises common law relationships or not, you had to disclose it in your application.

Thank you but sorry for asking:what is e-ARP?

I would never know I need to claim the relationship as common-law when I submitted my PR application. The cohabitation happened in HK, where no legal framework exists for common-law relationships, hence no common sense to relate this issue, while doing EEPR application. Covid is just messing up everything here I am just feeling so troubled.

Rash Ma

Feb 8, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Glad to be on the forum with similar timelines. Would like to share the status of my application

FSW -O
Primary VO - CPC Ottawa
Secondary VO - CIO

AOR - 7th August 20
Bio collection letter - 24th August 20
Medical passed - 4th September 20
Biometrics exempted/cleared - 6th November 20

Called for GCMS notes 5th Jan 21
Eligibility - passed
Criminality - in progress
Security - not started
How much time it usually takes to clear security?

Reactions: Kanna1992

Kanna1992

Feb 1, 2021
Glad to be on the forum with similar timelines. Would like to share the status of my application

FSW -O
Primary VO - CPC Ottawa
Secondary VO - CIO

AOR - 7th August 20
Bio collection letter - 24th August 20
Medical passed - 4th September 20
Biometrics exempted/cleared - 6th November 20

Called for GCMS notes 5th Jan 21
Eligibility - passed
Criminality - in progress
Security - not started
How much time it usually takes to clear security?
Hi.. Could you plz tell me within how many days did you get your GCMS notes?