+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>AUGUST 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Rahul_jain85

Jan 26, 2021
I have a question.... is it good to apply for my girl friend now? We are not common law (since we din't live together), how should I proceed in applying for my girl friend? Is marriage the only way?

Kerikeri

Nov 29, 2020
Finally got PR today
AOR August 1, 2020
All passed: December 14, 2020
COPR email Jan 26, 2020
Citizenship: India
Country of residence: Canada

Have been reading this thread for very long. Only signed up to thank everyone for all the inputs that kept me alive during the process.

Thanks
Rahul
Congrats!

Reactions: Rahul_jain85

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
I have a question.... is it good to apply for my girl friend now? We are not common law (since we din't live together), how should I proceed in applying for my girl friend? Is marriage the only way?
Have you calculated the score. Currently CEC draws are being done. She can submit her express entry profile may be she might get the ITA. If the score is not around the last the draw then you can opt for marriage or other options. First calculate the score

tizzyboi

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Good morning all, I got 2 mails from HongKong. 1) at 7:30 am acknowledgement of my ADR documents. 2) at 8:45 am, approval email. I never knew they send mail for approval. No passport request yet. We will all get there in Jesus name. Primary VO, Accra, secondary Hong Kong, aor august 29
Congrats! can you pls elaborate how the approval mail looked like. Also, has your status been updated in the online portal? or does it show application in progress.

Rahul_jain85

Jan 26, 2021
Have you calculated the score. Currently CEC draws are being done. She can submit her express entry profile may be she might get the ITA. If the score is not around the last the draw then you can opt for marriage or other options. First calculate the score
She lives in India. She doesn't have enough score for FSW. We don't want to waste money by her coming here as a student.

Is there any work visa anyone is aware of for conjugal partners living outside?

She is 23 so she won't loose any points for at least 7 more years, so one option is she increasing her score over there, but that would take very long, another is sponsorship and the last one is student.

I don't know which way to take.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
She lives in India. She doesn't have enough score for FSW. We don't want to waste money by her coming here as a student.

She is 23 so she won't loose any points for at least 7 more years, so one option is she increasing her score over there, but that would take very long, another is sponsorship and the last one is student.

@legalfalcon any feed back from you

Reactions: yay_321

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon any feed back from you
If your partner is a common0law-partner they are eligible for SOWP if you have a work permit in Canada.

Not sure what your initial question was, if you can report the entire question as one post, it will be helpful.

Reactions: yay_321

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
If your partner is a common0law-partner they are eligible for SOWP if you have a work permit in Canada.

Not sure what your initial question was, if you can report the entire question as one post, it will be helpful.
This was question

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019

I agree, it is always helpful to post everything in one post.

@Rahul_jain85 You can try to see if she can get a job here by any chance, intra company transferee or LMIA, then her points would increase faster.
Or if she wants to stay there, you can suggest her to learn French then the points would shoot up. There are several French coaching institutes in India. I know learning language is not easy, however give it a try!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Doesn’t sound like you have immigration barriers keeping you apart so you wouldn’t be considered conjugal partners as per IRCC definition.