Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Are folks receiving their PRs within a 6 month timeline? Is it still reasonable to expect that? I understand it differs case by case, but just wondering on an average.
6 months is an old data from 2018.

As per IRCC's 2019 annual report it takes 8-9 months for an application to process. And this was pre-COVID.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2019.html

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

Rexxxx

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Awesome!

For eligibility - does it say recommended pass? OR just passed? Trying to understand why they haven't started security. I have the recommended pass till now.
All I see there is passed.
I got this same information from a call made 3rd Nov 2020. Between then and now I've had maybe 3 GUs - now, I think they were all glitches.
In for a long wait.

Prinx2020

Jul 9, 2020
Hello all,
Does IRCC still pick calls and tell applicants their application status? Just asking because it seems everything is now upside down. They hardly reply webforms these days. Please I need a quick response so I know if I can call them now. Thanks for your response.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello all,
Does IRCC still pick calls and tell applicants their application status? Just asking because it seems everything is now upside down. They hardly reply webforms these days. Please I need a quick response so I know if I can call them now. Thanks for your response.
People call them and speak to agents everyday. So keep trying.

canpr2020

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
So, I just called today to IRCC and they mentioned me that my Eligibility is not yet started and when I asked this status is as of which date, they mentioned Nov-2020.... however webform response which I received in early Jan was - "The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied," which means eligibility started...

so I am really confused, is it worth to call IRCC (wait for 30-60 mins) and get out dated information.

any thoughts ?

@legalfalcon

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
So, I just called today to IRCC and they mentioned me that my Eligibility is not yet started and when I asked this status is as of which date, they mentioned Nov-2020.... however webform response which I received in early Jan was - "The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied," which means eligibility started...

so I am really confused, is it worth to call IRCC (wait for 30-60 mins) and get out dated information.

any thoughts ?

@legalfalcon
"The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied," does not mean Eligibility has started. That is a generic template that will remain until Eligibility is conclusively passed.

What you received on the call is in fact, correct.

Reactions: canpr2020

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hello all,
Yes you can call them.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Are folks receiving their PRs within a 6 month timeline? Is it still reasonable to expect that? I understand it differs case by case, but just wondering on an average.
Some FSW folks got their PR in 3 months and alot are still waiting (Aug 2020 AOR). August AOR folks still have 2 or 3 weeks mostly to complete 6 month period but most of the files are not moving forward, so I dont expect they would complete within 6 month period and very well extend to 12 or 16 month period.

• Sad
Reactions: shank15

navdeep300

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017

any thoughts ?

@legalfalcon
I received similar kind of reply from webform. But I saw when people call, they say eligibility is not started. So, I am not sure what to trust.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Some FSW folks got their PR in 3 months and alot are still waiting (Aug 2020 AOR). August AOR folks still have 2 or 3 weeks mostly to complete 6 month period but most of the files are not moving forward, so I dont expect they would complete within 6 month period and very well extend to 12 or 16 month period.
Yeah, FSWs and PNPs are the cases moving the fastest (anecdotally). As has been mentioned, the 6 month stat is pretty much outdated at this point, even pre-COVID. Read here

2019 Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months

CEC - 7 months
FSW - 9 months
PNP - 9 months
FST - 12 months

(Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

any thoughts ?

@legalfalcon
The eligibility starts after the R10 is passed. Since then the eligibility will be under process.

As per IRCC's annual 2019 annual report it takes 8-9 months for an application to process. The eligibility is usually passed after 3-4 months. However, due to COVID there will be significant processing delays.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2019.html

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

hassankm

Nov 11, 2015
Erbil - Iraq
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
Yeah, FSWs and PNPs are the cases moving the fastest (anecdotally). As has been mentioned, the 6 month stat is pretty much outdated at this point, even pre-COVID. Read here

2019 Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months

CEC - 7 months
FSW - 9 months
PNP - 9 months
FST - 12 months

(Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.)
i think my application was within the timeline.. now the passports are in Amman office.. however, the most important thing is the travel restriction issue. what do you think guys?

a7medfx

Mar 6, 2020
Singapore
I have read in other threads here that some of the EE applicants who ordered their GCMS notes already see issued counterfoil and COPR in the system (as per the GCMS), but they have been waiting to get the email for PPR or COPR for a month or two.

This may be the case with most of the applicants here, perhaps? Anybody knows why the GCMS shows that everything is approved with COPR but they have not received any communication?

Last edited:
Reactions: shank15