CEC - Applying from within Canada.

AOR - Aug 10th
MEP - September 29th
BIL - Oct 2
Biometric Call from Service Canada to give biometric - November 2
Biometrics Given - November 4

Status on CIC:

Review of eligibility:
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background Check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
It's already been a month since I gave my biometrics, and I am still in the eligibility stage. From the other people in this forum, it looks like their application has already progressed to the final stages. I'm a bit worried that this will lead to a refusal.
I think it's the other way around. Most have not got further updates after Biometrics.

Reactions: CarlCoco

Aug 31 AOR

Nov 9, 2020
Category: CEC (outland)
AOR: Aug 31
Country of residence: outside Canada
Medicals: Passed (Oct 20)
Visa Processing Center: Ottawa

A week ago, I received a reply via webform from IRCC saying that they are still reviewing my eligibility. I heard it through the grapevine that it can take up to 8 months or so for outland applicants. Hang in there!

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
I wouldnt be worried yet. Only few people got it from August especially inland. I am AOR aug 25th and not expecting it till early Feb. Sure it might arrive earlier but I wouldn't be worried until late Jan/early Feb.
Thanks for the reply! So is this on par for the course then? Cuz late Jan/early Feb is still a good 2 months away

Reactions: SatoshiNakamoto

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
I think it's the other way around. Most have not got further updates after Biometrics.
Sorry most haven't gotten updates after giving Biometrics? So it's normal then? From what I've reading it looks like a lot of people's applications have progressed after giving biometrics.i.e.I'm reading stuff like eligibility, criminal, background passed etc.

I'm just a bit worried because there has been no information, no request for additional documents. I'm getting worried that such a long time without a response means a rejection.

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
A question on the work reference letter. My work reference letter has all the details as requested by CIC (responsibilities, salary, employment status, hours per week, start date, pay stubs, on company letter head etc.). However, my manager did not leave his email and instead left his office phone number (a landline) along with his name and signature. However because of COVID, we have moved to work from home. Will this be an issue with the reviewing officer? (since if they do call the provided number my manager won't be able to pick it up). Granted a quick google search for the company number should give them the required information about me by calling them, but will this be problematic? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Just re-pinging this, if any one has any thoughts/advice on this, that would be great!

Kerikeri

Nov 29, 2020
Yay...got the PPR mail today. Grateful to God to you all for the support I received till this point from this platform. For those still waiting to get theirs, I pray God's speed for your applications.
Aor- August 10
MEP-Sept 24
Bio Completed-Oct 9
ADR -form 4 : Nov.. 9
PPR: Dec :17
Congrats

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Hi All,

Another query. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

When I applied, I chose NOC 2174 as I believed my work responsibilities closely matched that compared to others. My company has a set list of responsibilities for each role, and my manager and HR wasn't willing to add in anything more specific (to more closely match the roles and responsibilities for NOC 2174) as it wasn't their policy, despite my repeated requests. (A lot these forms are templated as its a large company and they don't want to do any custom modifications to it). My employment reference letter has everything else like number of hours, salary, date of hire, employment status (i.e. full-time), manager signature and contact, company letterhead and pay stubs.

I am really really worried now looking at some of the rejection posts where officers rejected the application because they weren't satisfied that the roles and responsibilities provided in the letter match the NOC.

This was included in my roles and responsibilities in the employee reference letter (and this is a standard roles and responsibilities for the position of "Software Developer" at my company).
Employees design and develop products, processes, software systems, or scientific applications which require the use of broad software engineering knowledge and experience to develop solutions for complex systems. Systems can include operating systems/architecture, application software, and user interfaces in high level programming languages. Software developers are typically involved in strategic design/development projects. Product objectives and specifications are developed from customer research.

I've just lost hope tbh. Maybe I should have pushed my manager and HR people harder at the time of applying (even though I did as much as I could, they just didn't want to budge), but I feel now it's too late. Based on the experiences and information of the experts here does this mean my application is going to get rejected for sure? If it is sure to be rejected, at least I will sleep a little easier knowing that I can look forward to applying the next time Otherwise, I'll keep clinging on to the small piece of hope which is quickly diminishing :( :(

EjayMary

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Yay...got the PPR mail today. Grateful to God to you all for the support I received till this point from this platform. For those still waiting to get theirs, I pray God's speed for your applications.
Aor- August 10
MEP-Sept 24
Bio Completed-Oct 9
ADR -form 4 : Nov.. 9
PPR: Dec :17
Congratulations

Reactions: CarlCoco