+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>AUGUST 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

dxben

Star Member
May 24, 2020
Hi.. sharing my update
I received my GCMS today.. Ordered from GCMS online and received it in 30 days)

Eligibility: Passed
Security: not started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Info sharing: complete

Due date is 5/12/2020( I don't know what this means)

I am an Indian, PNP candidate living in UAE. Aor Aug 19. Visa office London.

Javasad

Nov 7, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon,

I have a unique query.

I am FSW-O, AOR received Aug-2020, biometrics given.

Now, I got engaged and my fiancé is also FSW-O, AOR received Nov-2020.

What will be the best way forward for us to land in canada in least possible time, under current circumstances?
  • Can we get married now and inform IRCC the spouse as un-accompanying and keep our individual applications being processed and land in canada separately?
  • Or we'll have to withdraw one application after marriage and add both individuals to same application? Will that delay our application significantly under current covid situations
  • Or is it better to wait till we both get our separate COPRs? (That will be a long wait I guess under current circumstances)
Please let me know your thoughts on the best way forward for us. I shall be highly obliged. Thank you

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
My details:

CEC - Applying from within Canada.

AOR - Aug 10th
MEP - September 29th
BIL - Oct 2
Biometric Call from Service Canada to give biometric - November 2
Biometrics Given - November 4

Status on CIC:

Review of eligibility:
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background Check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
It's already been a month since I gave my biometrics, and I am still in the eligibility stage. From the other people in this forum, it looks like their application has already progressed to the final stages. I'm a bit worried that this will lead to a refusal.

Reactions: mike93

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
A question on the work reference letter. My work reference letter has all the details as requested by CIC (responsibilities, salary, employment status, hours per week, start date, pay stubs, on company letter head etc.). However, my manager did not leave his email and instead left his office phone number (a landline) along with his name and signature. However because of COVID, we have moved to work from home. Will this be an issue with the reviewing officer? (since if they do call the provided number my manager won't be able to pick it up). Granted a quick google search for the company number should give them the required information about me by calling them, but will this be problematic? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

I have a unique query.

I am FSW-O, AOR received Aug-2020, biometrics given.

Now, I got engaged and my fiancé is also FSW-O, AOR received Nov-2020.

What will be the best way forward for us to land in canada in least possible time, under current circumstances?
  • Can we get married now and inform IRCC the spouse as un-accompanying and keep our individual applications being processed and land in canada separately?
  • Or we'll have to withdraw one application after marriage and add both individuals to same application? Will that delay our application significantly under current covid situations
  • Or is it better to wait till we both get our separate COPRs? (That will be a long wait I guess under current circumstances)
Please let me know your thoughts on the best way forward for us. I shall be highly obliged. Thank you

If you have separate application and if you get married, you will have to submit your documents for your respective spouses with your application. You can withdraw one application, and add the spouse to that application. The previous one will need you to update both applications, while the second option only requires you to have one application and update that.

Reactions: Zibah

Javasad

Nov 7, 2020
If you have separate application and if you get married, you will have to submit your documents for your respective spouses with your application. You can withdraw one application, and add the spouse to that application. The previous one will need you to update both applications, while the second option only requires you to have one application and update that.
Thank you so much for your reply! Which is the least risky way forward?
Or is it that we both wait for our individual COPRs and landings before marriage?

Thermie

Oct 28, 2020
Hi everyone. Please what's the link for raising a webform?

I'm sorry to ask this again, I know it has been asked severely but I can't locate it in the chat.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much for your reply! Which is the least risky way forward?
Or is it that we both wait for our individual COPRs and landings before marriage?
There is no risk. Each application, whether separate or together, will be processed on its own merits.

IF you want to wait until you get a COPR, that is fine too, it is all up to you and no options is risky.

If you individually wait for COPR on your respective applications, then your processing will be faster since you will not have to wait to add your spouse to your application and then for the documents to be assessed for criminality, medicals and security.

Lawg

May 7, 2020
Yay...got the PPR mail today. Grateful to God to you all for the support I received till this point from this platform. For those still waiting to get theirs, I pray God's speed for your applications.
Aor- August 10
MEP-Sept 24
Bio Completed-Oct 9
ADR -form 4 : Nov.. 9
PPR: Dec :17

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Yay...got the PPR mail today. Grateful to God to you all for the support I received till this point from this platform. For those still waiting to get theirs, I pray God's speed for your applications.
Aor- August 10
MEP-Sept 24
Bio Completed-Oct 9

Congratulations !!! Happy for you !! Enjoy !!

Thermie

Oct 28, 2020
Aor- August 10
MEP-Sept 24
Bio Completed-Oct 9
Congratulations!!!! This gives me so much hope.

What's your VO please?

Oct 16, 2020
My details:

CEC - Applying from within Canada.

AOR - Aug 10th
MEP - September 29th
BIL - Oct 2
Biometric Call from Service Canada to give biometric - November 2
Biometrics Given - November 4

Status on CIC:

Review of eligibility:
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background Check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
It's already been a month since I gave my biometrics, and I am still in the eligibility stage. From the other people in this forum, it looks like their application has already progressed to the final stages. I'm a bit worried that this will lead to a refusal.
I wouldnt be worried yet. Only few people got it from August especially inland. I am AOR aug 25th and not expecting it till early Feb. Sure it might arrive earlier but I wouldn't be worried until late Jan/early Feb.