+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>AUGUST 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
hello..when am i supposed to receive the CoPR? does anyone have any idea on how to open a bank account before landing in canada?
I'd suggest not to bother opening your bank account from your home country since it doesn't get activated until you land here. So best is to land here and then get it opened. The online banks like Simplii, Tangerine, EQ anyway can be opened online.

hassankm

Nov 11, 2015
Erbil - Iraq
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
I'd suggest not to bother opening your bank account from your home country since it doesn't get activated until you land here. So best is to land here and then get it opened. The online banks like Simplii, Tangerine, EQ anyway can be opened online.
i am not currently living in my country.. and i have a good amount of money.. what if my bank account here was frozen after i leave the country? so what is the best way? draft cheque or open a bank account to make the transfer before landing? (i know that it will not be activated till i land and i am fine with that, i will take some cash with me).. does the CoPR means the PR visa on the passport?

garima994

Sep 11, 2019
Outland - India,
PNP,
ITA: May 27, 2020,
AOR: Aug 3, 2020,
Medical Passed: Sep 17, 2020
Biometrics Letter: Sep 17, 2020

I have not submitted the biometrics since VACs are not fully operational in India. It has been mentioned that biometrics will not cause rejecttion but there is no update in the account either, just stuck on this from the last 2 months.

Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
September 17, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Help - Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
Interview Help - Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Help - Biometrics
We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
Background check Help - Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Help - Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

The biometrics deadline is Dec 17 and there's not much I can do with that respect.
Any ideas on how should I proceed?

Roy193

Oct 31, 2020
Hey all!
My medicals expired around 20 days ago and I haven’t heard anything from IRCC. I read here that many people got their medicals extended after they expired.
Do you think I should raise a webform or just wait for them to contact me?
Thanks for helping out.

Hopeful1026

Sep 1, 2019
Today I called and got latest update on my application from IRCC.

Category: CEC Inland (My Self + Spouse)
ITA: 25th Jun, 2020
AOR: 28th Aug, 2020
Country of Citizenship : India
Country of Residence: Canada
Medicals (MEP) : Passed on 19th Oct, 2020
Biometric (BIL) : Biometric done and completed on 20th Nov, 2020 (Request received on 20th Oct 2020)
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Passed
VO: Ottawa
Final Decision: ???

Does anyone know what comes next or how long it takes to get COPR after this?
Would you know if my brother-in-law can call in Canada on my behalf to check my PR application status?

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
Would you know if my brother-in-law can call in Canada on my behalf to check my PR application status?
Only applicant and authorized representative can call or ask for the information for any submitted application .

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
Outland - India,
PNP,
ITA: May 27, 2020,
AOR: Aug 3, 2020,
Medical Passed: Sep 17, 2020
Biometrics Letter: Sep 17, 2020

I have not submitted the biometrics since VACs are not fully operational in India. It has been mentioned that biometrics will not cause rejecttion but there is no update in the account either, just stuck on this from the last 2 months.

Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
September 17, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Help - Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
Interview Help - Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Help - Biometrics
We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
Background check Help - Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Help - Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

The biometrics deadline is Dec 17 and there's not much I can do with that respect.
Any ideas on how should I proceed?
You should submit web form query in this regard and explain your situation. And do not worry about rejection since its mentioned on IRCC web site that no application will be rejected due to VAC closes in pandemic situation and pending biometric doesn't stop processing your application in any way.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
i am not currently living in my country.. and i have a good amount of money.. what if my bank account here was frozen after i leave the country? so what is the best way? draft cheque or open a bank account to make the transfer before landing? (i know that it will not be activated till i land and i am fine with that, i will take some cash with me).. does the CoPR means the PR visa on the passport?
Yes in that case you can open the account from your home country and deposit the cash in that account. Even if it's not accessible to you until it lands, but it's definitely safe.

garima994

Sep 11, 2019
You should submit web form query in this regard and explain your situation. And do not worry about rejection since its mentioned on IRCC web site that no application will be rejected due to VAC closes in pandemic situation and pending biometric doesn't stop processing your application in any way.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html
Thank you for responding. I have some other questions as well:
Do I have to know about the Visa Office for my application before submitting a web form? If Yes, then how do I get that information? through GCMS notes?

pradeepadm2017

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2020
Thank you for responding. I have some other questions as well:
Do I have to know about the Visa Office for my application before submitting a web form? If Yes, then how do I get that information? through GCMS notes?
You do not need to know your VO for submitting a webform. You need to provide your application number and UCI.

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
My update after calling on Dec 7:

Category: FSW Outland (myself)
ITA: Aug 3, 2020
AOR: Aug 8, 2020
Country of Citizenship : USA
Country of Residence: USA
Medicals (MEP) : Passed on Aug 25, 2020
Biometric (BIL) : Biometric done and completed on Sep 9, 2020
Criminality: In Progress
Security: Not Started
Final Decision: N/A

CarlCoco

Jan 28, 2020
My update after calling on Dec 7:

Category: FSW Outland (myself)
ITA: Aug 3, 2020
AOR: Aug 8, 2020
Country of Citizenship : USA
Country of Residence: USA
Medicals (MEP) : Passed on Aug 25, 2020
Biometric (BIL) : Biometric done and completed on Sep 9, 2020
Criminality: In Progress
Security: Not Started
Final Decision: N/A
What number did you call on? Can you call them outside of Canada?

Reactions: mike93