+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>AUGUST 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

fs95

Nov 22, 2018
FSW-O
AOR: August 19th
I just called the IRCC, and I was informed that my elegibility passed. Can I trust this?
Hey!

Even I had called in today to confirm my eligibility and the agent informed me that it is passed. AOR - August 28 - CEC Inland

Royalsandhuz

Dec 13, 2018
I just got PPR
MEP/BIL: Sep 10
Biometrics Completed: October 8th
GU1: October 22nd
GU2: November 4th
PPR: November 18th
The passport request mail was sent by LVO Accra. I never contacted IRCC to know where my application was processed.
@legalfalcon I'm getting married January 2021, and will be adding my spouse. My plan is to return my passport for the visa to be cancelled and a new one issued after my spouse is included in the application, hope I'm on the right path?
No man dont do that. I have a friend who did same . He got married after PNP and when he got his passport request he wanted to add his spouse so they could get PR simultaneously. Now its been more then a year and he has been interviewed twice and still waiting for some outcome.

Rehab

Jul 9, 2020
No man dont do that. I have a friend who did same . He got married after PNP and when he got his passport request he wanted to add his spouse so they could get PR simultaneously. Now its been more then a year and he has been interviewed twice and still waiting for some outcome.
Ok, thanks for letting me know.

anoopsngh95

Sep 28, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-08-2020
Hey, I was wondering if our application will be put on hold, to wait for the Biometrics to kick in? I'm still waiting Service Canada to call from Oct. 13th.

Or our application/ review process will still be going without submitting the Bio?
I have the same question, since I'm in India, the VACs are closed here and my BIL is going to expire on November 27. Will our applications be put on hold because we are not able to give our biometrics on time?

Reactions: HanenBlade

srvp

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
United States of America
Category........
FSW
I have the same question, since I'm in India, the VACs are closed here and my BIL is going to expire on November 27. Will our applications be put on hold because we are not able to give our biometrics on time?
totally understand your worries. See the communication from CIC . Chill :) . Choose Outside Canada from the drop down list , you will see the below message in a grey box in bold letters

Your application won’t be refused or closed if you can’t give your biometrics due to COVID-19 service disruptions.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

anoopsngh95

Sep 28, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-08-2020
totally understand your worries. See the communication from CIC . Chill :) . Choose Outside Canada from the drop down list , you will see the below message in a grey box in bold letters

Your application won’t be refused or closed if you can’t give your biometrics due to COVID-19 service disruptions.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html
It might not be refused, but will it delay our process ?
Like criminality/security check etc ?

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
I am trying to call IRCC from inside Canada. I am inland CEC. I called them in the morning at about 9:30 am on two different weekdays. After going through the whole big pre recorded messages and entering my application number they say "We can not transfer you to an agent at this time because they are busy etc. try again at a later time."

Does anyone have any tips for me?

cck1986

May 8, 2020
I am trying to call IRCC from inside Canada. I am inland CEC. I called them in the morning at about 9:30 am on two different weekdays. After going through the whole big pre recorded messages and entering my application number they say "We can not transfer you to an agent at this time because they are busy etc. try again at a later time."

Call at 8.. It works

Reactions: yay_321

Monkey D. Luffy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
I don't think @Petzold necessarily meant it is the eligibility checks that take longer, just that the application will take longer to pass all stages. Here's a thought: If a person with prior visa refusals calls IRCC after passing A11.2, does the agent continue to say "your eligibility is review required", or does he say "you passed eligibility, criminality, security, but your application is review required"? I guess they need to put the RR status under some section or another. This does not mean it prevents A11.2 checks in any way.

I totally agree with you that info-sharing is being done anyway, we already submit PCCs, biometrics—it should take less than a day to look into and clear any prior visa refusal reasons. I wish this were the case. But if you check out the Montreal visa office thread (that's the VO where most "review required" applications seem to end up), most such applications take longer than average to process, even when the RR is only because of prior visa refusals. Who knows, this might be because once a file gets an RR status, ircc is no longer held accountable to the 6-month processing timeframe.
I don't think it is the only factor that delays the application processing. I have a friend, both Husband and Wife have a history of visa rejection but their application was processed with in 5 months, Pre-Covid tho.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020

Just keep calling until you get through. Keep your phone plugged into charging, put the call on loudspeaker, robotically select your options as needed, and try not to think about it until you get through—do something else while you are doing this on the side. You'll get through eventually. I have noticed that even if I get that "high call volume message", I get transferred if I call again immediately after I hang up—right away. No point actually waiting to call later. Having said that, I find it is easiest to get through early in the morning (8am eastern time) or else after 2:30pm. Assuming the later hours is easier because many people from outside Canada are in the middle of their night, so call volumes drop. However, I also notice agents are super tired by then, so they are more likely to be cranky (understandably!).

pradeepadm2017

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2020
Call at 8.. It works
I was able to reach the agent yesterday. I tried calling from about 3.10pm eastern. After about 3 attempts finally I was put on queue at 3.28pm. I was able to speak with the agent by 4.02pm. So, I think the key is to keep trying.