+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>AUGUST 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

amosi

Jan 3, 2018
Hi
Anybody has this in their profile ??
You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date

What does that mean ? bad thing or good ?

Reactions: Rehab

v_singh67

Jan 3, 2020
AOR: 12 Aug 2020
MEP/BIL/ADR requested: 6 Oct 2020
ADR submitted: 7 Oct 2020 and 22 Oct 2020
Biometric done: 4 Nov 2020
Called today: Eligibility: Recommended pass
Criminality: In Progress
Security: Not started
CEC Inland.

Petzold

Aug 27, 2020
FSW-O
AOR: August 19th
I just called the IRCC, and I was informed that my elegibility passed. Can I trust this?
You're probably similar to my case, a case analyst/agent has passed your eligibility. However, this has not been reviewed by an officer yet

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi
Anybody has this in their profile ??
You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date

What does that mean ? bad thing or good ?
I think everyone has this in their profile. It's a standard text.

Petzold

Aug 27, 2020
Mine is not Aug 20, but close enough (Aug 18). Eligibility not started. I feel as if most August outland applications have had eligibility passed at least by a case analyst by this time. Would like to know if inland August applicants have had an eligibility passed yet. Of course, I am speculating based on the small sample size on this forum.
I'm an FSW-Inland, based on my GCMS notes; my eligibility was reviewed by an agent/analyst 38 days after my AOR and deemed recommended passed

Reactions: mknox

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
I'm an FSW-Inland, based on my GCMS notes; my eligibility was reviewed by an agent/analyst 38 days after my AOR and deemed recommended passed
Super glad to know that. There are some July threads and an Aug CEC thread where several people seem to have not started their eligibility yet. That's what concerned me. Good to know some have been reviewed, especially fsw-inland, which always seems to be the slowest of the lot!

Petzold

Aug 27, 2020
Super glad to know that. There are some July threads and an Aug CEC thread where several people seem to have not started their eligibility yet. That's what concerned me. Good to know some have been reviewed, especially fsw-inland, which always seems to be the slowest of the lot!
I'm just speculating here based on the things I've read on this forum but it seems like people who have had even a single visa refusal are scrutinized more for passing eligibility. Have you ordered your GCMS notes yet?

Reactions: myfic

myfic

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020
I'm just speculating here based on the things I've read on this forum but it seems like people who have had even a single visa refusal are scrutinized more for passing eligibility. Have you ordered your GCMS notes yet?
you might be right.. However eligibility and previous visa refusal do not fall under the same category.... Just wondering why those would be interrelated to each other?

Petzold

Aug 27, 2020
you might be right.. However eligibility and previous visa refusal do not fall under the same category.... Just wondering why those would be interrelated?
I read a post yesterday of someone who had a prior visa refusal and it was noted in his GCMS notes that, yes R10 completeness check is okay but that their file needed additional review. I'm speculating that any prior visa refusal raises a red flag in the minds of the IRCC, that why was this person refused a visa? Is it because of certain circumstances or in the worst case, forged documents.

I think they are just be extra cautious on their part

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
you might be right.. However eligibility and previous visa refusal do not fall under the same category.... Just wondering why those would be interrelated?
Petzold, you are correct that it takes longer for such applications, but myfic, you are also correct that it is not really a part of eligibility. It depends on what you mean by eligibility—from what I understand, "eligibility" means checking if you meet the requirements of the class under which you applied (e.g. fsw, cec) and if your attached documents support the points you claimed, are genuine, etc. But yes, applications with prior visa refusals take longer because the officer needs to check for inadmissibility, i.e., were you refused a visa because of some criminal reasons, etc.

Yes, I ordered gcms on 24th oct. Haven't got them yet, but soon will, I hope. I doubt I will see anything much in the gcms since they have not even started eligibility yet. Ordered them with the hope that it might help move things along.

Petzold

Aug 27, 2020
Petzold, you are correct that it takes longer for such applications, but myfic, you are also correct that it is not really a part of eligibility. It depends on what you mean by eligibility—from what I understand, "eligibility" means checking if you meet the requirements of the class under which you applied (e.g. fsw, cec) and if your attached documents support the points you claimed, are genuine, etc. But yes, applications with prior visa refusals take longer because the officer needs to check for inadmissibility, i.e., were you refused a visa because of some criminal reasons, etc.

Yes, I ordered gcms on 24th oct. Haven't got them yet, but soon will, I hope. I doubt I will see anything much in the gcms since they have not even started eligibility yet. Ordered them with the hope that it might help move things along.
At the very least the GCMS notes will tell you any comments made by the case processing assistant as you have passed your medicals and given your biometrics already. I'm guessing that your application has not been looked at by a case analyst/processing agent since your eligibility has not been recommended passed yet.

You should get our notes next week, I got my notes a month and two days after I applied for them

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
At the very least the GCMS notes will tell you any comments made by the case processing assistant as you have passed your medicals and given your biometrics already. I'm guessing that your application has not been looked at by a case analyst/processing agent since your eligibility has not been recommended passed yet.

You should get our notes next week, I got my notes a month and two days after I applied for them
Thank you, yes, I am hoping to see some basic info by an assistant at least. Fingers crossed.

myfic

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020

I read a post yesterday of someone who had a prior visa refusal and it was noted in his GCMS notes that, yes R10 completeness check is okay but that their file needed additional review. I'm speculating that any prior visa refusal raises a red flag in the minds of the IRCC, that why was this person refused a visa? Is it because of certain circumstances or in the worst case, forged documents.

I think they are just be extra cautious on their part
I have the same understanding for the "eligibility", I totally agree that they may do further investigations in terms of criminality, background check or security to find out reasons why this person might have been inadmissible to a country.
But why this step would prevent the agent/officer to clear the eligibility? And also, everything is online nowadays, I've read about info-sharing between countries, and I believe that this is the step that clarifies the reason for visa refusal (correct me if I'm wrong). Now, isn't this something that can be checked quickly right after biometrics are done, or does it take time?

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
I have the same understanding for the "eligibility", I totally agree that they may do further investigations in terms of criminality, background check or security to find out reasons why this person might have been inadmissible to a country.
But why this step would prevent the agent/officer to clear the eligibility? And also, everything is online nowadays, I've read about info-sharing between countries, and I believe that this is the step that clarifies the reason for visa refusal (correct me if I'm wrong). Now, isn't this something that can be checked quickly right after biometrics are done, or does it take time?
I don't think @Petzold necessarily meant it is the eligibility checks that take longer, just that the application will take longer to pass all stages. Here's a thought: If a person with prior visa refusals calls IRCC after passing A11.2, does the agent continue to say "your eligibility is review required", or does he say "you passed eligibility, criminality, security, but your application is review required"? I guess they need to put the RR status under some section or another. This does not mean it prevents A11.2 checks in any way.

I totally agree with you that info-sharing is being done anyway, we already submit PCCs, biometrics—it should take less than a day to look into and clear any prior visa refusal reasons. I wish this were the case. But if you check out the Montreal visa office thread (that's the VO where most "review required" applications seem to end up), most such applications take longer than average to process, even when the RR is only because of prior visa refusals. Who knows, this might be because once a file gets an RR status, ircc is no longer held accountable to the 6-month processing timeframe.

Reactions: Treasure59

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Hey, I was wondering if our application will be put on hold, to wait for the Biometrics to kick in? I'm still waiting Service Canada to call from Oct. 13th.

Or our application/ review process will still be going without submitting the Bio?