+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>AUGUST 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Rose2019

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
I uploaded my documents on August 2, two days ago I received a letter from them, saying that they cannot process my application because I am missing a document. which I am sure I sent, is there any way to see the documents that I upload ? thanks.

tizzyboi

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
I uploaded my documents on August 2, two days ago I received a letter from them, saying that they cannot process my application because I am missing a document. which I am sure I sent, is there any way to see the documents that I upload ? thanks.
did you get your BIL/MEP yet?

sphng

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
If you go into your full profile, I think there's a link at the top that takes you to a page that lists your uploaded documents.

karishma90

Sep 7, 2020
• Visa Office

There has been an obsession of finding which visa office the application is at. Many threads on this forum start with explaining how to find your visa office. Let's get to the crux of it. Finding the visa office was very relevant pre- express entry. Even after the introduction of express entry in 2015, the same practice was followed which usually was for the paper based application, but that is no longer the case. Earlier all application followed the following trajectory:

Central Intake Office - Case Processing Centre - Local Visa Office

However, this has radically changed and for all express entry, all application follow the following:

1. Central Intake Office - The R10 (completeness check) is done at the Central Intake Office for all classes (FSW / PNP / CEC). Now even the criminality and medicals are done at CIO.

2. Case Processing Centre - These are 4 CPCs in Canada

CPC in Edmonton
CPC in Mississauga
CPC and CIO in Sydney
CPC in Ottawa
OSC in Ottawa
The Operations Support Centre (OSC) processes the following applications:

International Experience Canada work permits
In-Canada temporary resident applications submitted online
Verification of Status (VOS)
Replacement of valid temporary resident documents
Amendment of immigration documents and of valid temporary resident documents

Local Visa Office - This is the office where you will be asked to submit your passport after your application has been approved. Usually the consulate in your home country.

These days all application after starting at CIO (where R10 is met), either start the processing of eligibility at CIO itself, or move to CPC (wither Ottawa, Sydney, or Vegreville), or are straight sent to the LVO. The trend has been to complete most of the processing between CIO and CPC. Since the applications are electronically stored, there is no movement of physical files.

SUGGESTION - There is no point sending emails to ask which VO your application is at, as that process is moot since the eligibility can even start at CIO. So save yourself some time and efforts and also save the human resources of IRCC and stop sending emails. Even if you know which VO your application is at, it means nothing. Most applications which are processed within weeks and get PPR, are processed at CIO, and this is a much faster way.

A few applications will see eligibility passed, and then go to not started when the application is sent to the LVO. This is because the final review is done at the LVO, and the local agent may decide to conduct additional review, or identification before the eligibility is finally set to PASSED.

• ECAS (Electronic Client Application Status) -

This was the most important tool pre EE to track an application and provided much more in-depth status than what MyCIC does. However, after the IRCC moved to the Global Case Management System (AKA GCMS) applications are no longer linked to ECAS.

So there is no point going there and checking.

• Letter of Explanation -

As the name suggests, the LoE is exact what it sounds like. It is not an idea for the documents and you do not have to explain each document you are submitting in your application.

The simple rules to follow for LoE -

• Should be 1-2 pages in length. If you cannot explain it in 1-2 pages, it is probably not worth it.
  • Only use LoE to explain an issue. Eg. you could not obtain a reference letter on letterhead, could not meet PoF 6 months avg balance, seeking exemption or extension from PCC, or to explain something in your application which is not clear.
  • IRCC Agents do read LoE, but if its too long and not to the point, it loses its importance.
  • You DO NOT need an index for your documents. There are placeholders for the documents just put each document there and when it is stored on the IRCC system it is names and stored in an organized way.

All the best!!

Stay Safe and do your bit to fight the spread of COVID-19.
I am an Indian citizen and reside in Dubai. I am yet to receive my PR. I'm planning to go to India for some personal work during December and January. If I get my passport request while in india , can I submit my passport to vfs there ? Or does it have to be in Dubai/ Abu Dhabi ?

Looking forward to your advice

stepanov.hw

Jun 11, 2020

Said1010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
I submitted my application/documents on march 2020 after that did my medical and did my biometric on July 2020 due to corona
Now on 6 sept 2020 my application process status showed 100%.
Can any one tell me interval time to get final decision for the PR

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I am an Indian citizen and reside in Dubai. I am yet to receive my PR. I'm planning to go to India for some personal work during December and January. If I get my passport request while in india , can I submit my passport to vfs there ? Or does it have to be in Dubai/ Abu Dhabi ?

Looking forward to your advice
If you are going to India for a short visit, then you do not need to inform IRCC as you are not changing your country of residence. If while in India, you receive your PPR, you will have to inform IRCC that you would like to submit your passport for visa in India, and you will be sent the instructions for the same.

VFS in India will not accept your passport in absence of the IRCC letter what asks you to submit your passport at VFS India.

Reactions: karishma90

stepanov.hw

Jun 11, 2020
I submitted my application/documents on march 2020 after that did my medical and did my biometric on July 2020 due to corona
Now on 6 sept 2020 my application process status showed 100%.
Can any one tell me interval time to get final decision for the PR
100% means that normal 180 days for PR applications have passed. IRCC is working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. IRCC will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible. Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Hyperian2207

Sep 27, 2020
Hi guys,
My AOR is 19th aug. Medical passed on 10th sept and biometrics completed on 15th Sept.
My background check followed the following steps:
Background check not required—> Your application is in progress and we will let you know once we start your bg check—> your bg is in progress.
However, recently I had a ghost update and my background check changed back to “your application is in progress and we will let you know once we start your BG check”.
I know my application is in early stages but I am just curious as to why this happened.
Can anyone provide any views on this ?

Debbso

Star Member
Aug 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
RPRF 06-10-2020
AOR Received.
27-08-2020
Hi guys,
My AOR is 19th aug. Medical passed on 10th sept and biometrics completed on 15th Sept.
My background check followed the following steps:
Background check not required—> Your application is in progress and we will let you know once we start your bg check—> your bg is in progress.
However, recently I had a ghost update and my background check changed back to “your application is in progress and we will let you know once we start your BG check”.
I know my application is in early stages but I am just curious as to why this happened.
Can anyone provide any views on this ?
Your BG check hasn’t started. The “Your BG is in progress” was a false update. When the current status changes back to “....progress”, then, they have commenced your BG check.

Nif

Jun 20, 2020
Any August AOR getting calls for biometric appointment??
Would be appreciated if we keep this too updated in the forum regarding the biometric appointment calls..

karishma90

Sep 7, 2020
Any August AOR getting calls for biometric appointment??
Would be appreciated if we keep this too updated in the forum regarding the biometric appointment calls..
Yes I got AOR on 2nd August. Biometric call on 19th August . I submitted on the 20th

karishma90

Sep 7, 2020
If you are going to India for a short visit, then you do not need to inform IRCC as you are not changing your country of residence. If while in India, you receive your PPR, you will have to inform IRCC that you would like to submit your passport for visa in India, and you will be sent the instructions for the same.

VFS in India will not accept your passport in absence of the IRCC letter what asks you to submit your passport at VFS India.
Currently i understand that VFS offices in India are temporarily closed. is there any other way to submit passport or to contact the authorities?