Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Hi, I have a question. I have seen a progress bar for some Express Entry applicants. Does this progress bar only appear after R10 completeness is done?
For me, it came after MEP / BIL. I am not sure if my R10 check is done or not though.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
I see. I was of the impression that if R10 is not passed, Medicals or Biometrics won't be updated and the application would be rejected.
I also used to think this. I have also heard that the temporary uci changing to permanent uci is a sign that r10 is completed. But I am not sure of either.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I agree its only been 20 days since I applied and feels like eternity. I'll exercise more patience.
Just thinking out loud though :p as I have seen evidence of FSW-O applicant move faster than CEC.
I'm just basing this out of common wisdom. CEC inland means that the applicant has already lived and worked in Canada. A few reasons why I would say that CEC processing should be easier.
1) CEC applicants are already fingerprinted and partially vetted when they come to Canada on whatever visa they were granted.
2) They've demonstrated their ability of being law-abiding, productive members of society by working, paying taxes and contributing to Canadian economic activity (which imho is what immigration should be all about)
3)They've also already demonstrated their ability to assimilate into Canadian society by living in Canada for atleast 1 year and understanding the lay of the land.
4) Far lesser chances of fraud. For example, CEC inland applicants usually have to go through their country's embassy for PCC and hence have almost no influence in those decisions. They go to a doctor in Canada for their health and once again have almost no influence in its outcome etc.

All of the above is in addition to everything that outland candidates provide. The processing officer has more verifiable data points for CEC inland applicants and hence common sense dictates that processing of CEC applications should be easier. However I acknowledge that the reality may be different.
You guys are currently receiving COPR directly.

Can we please pass the medical before? My god. Haha.

Debbso

Star Member
Aug 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
RPRF 06-10-2020
AOR Received.
27-08-2020
For me, it came after MEP / BIL. I am not sure if my R10 check is done or not though.
MEP/BIL means R10 check is passed. Application is rejected and all fees paid would be refunded if R10 eligibility is not met. It doesn’t also mean one’s application can’t still be rejected down the line. R10 means all documents required from the applicant are accounted for.

srvp

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Do i need to give my biometrics again,i had already given in dec 2019 for trv
I'm also in same state of mind..
My TRV biometric detail was updated from the day 1 onwards . My appointment at ASC center is for coming week, so will wait till then to see if any updates in profile regarding biometric . Else will submit new biometric, since our's BIL is already issued and as per the rule its effective from Sep 22, 2020 onwards.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi, I have a question. I have seen a progress bar for some Express Entry applicants. Does this progress bar only appear after R10 completeness is done?
When the progress bar first appears on MyCIC account, it usually indicates that the R10 (Completeness Check) should also be completed.

Reactions: a7medfx

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I also used to think this. I have also heard that the temporary uci changing to permanent uci is a sign that r10 is completed. But I am not sure of either.
You are correct, usually, the temporary UCI number will change to a regular UCI number after the application crosses the R10 Completeness Check stage.

Reactions: mknox

zaki00007

Feb 7, 2019
@legalfalcon
Hi,

I hope you are doing good.

My AOR is August 1 2020, I just noticed a problem in one of my reference letter
So my old employer changed its name as well as on website and they have a new website however according to my manager who gave me a reference letter said that the business license name is still the same.
Now the problem is in the reference letter, the letter head they have the old name and old website. When I type that website it says error.
If you google the company name it gives the new name and new website. But nowhere in the letter it shows the new name.
However in his contact provided he has given new email.

What should I do.

One more thing if such a doubt arise will they just refuse the file or will they ask for clarification.

Your help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sphng

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Yesterday, I checked my account and saw that it was updated for MEP. I still don't have a BIL. Today, when I checked, it says that my profile was updated again, and MEP has disappeared. The progress bar is still there, though. Did this happen to anyone else?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Hi,

I hope you are doing good.

My AOR is August 1 2020, I just noticed a problem in one of my reference letter
So my old employer changed its name as well as on website and they have a new website however according to my manager who gave me a reference letter said that the business license name is still the same.
Now the problem is in the reference letter, the letter head they have the old name and old website. When I type that website it says error.
If you google the company name it gives the new name and new website. But nowhere in the letter it shows the new name.
However in his contact provided he has given new email.

What should I do.

One more thing if such a doubt arise will they just refuse the file or will they ask for clarification.

Your help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
You can send a webform and inform IRCC. Alternatively you can also send a revised work reference letter.

If there is a doubt in the verification of your employment, IRCC will send a Procedural fairness letter. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/procedural-fairness.html

But in your case as long as you send a LoE and explain or just update that your employer's name has changed, no need to worry.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The temp UCI changes to a permanent one, when the processing of your application commences and your application is entered into the Global Case Management System (GCMS).

The R10 is usually done within the first 30-45 days, and one of the good indicator is when your medicals is passed. Usually Medicals and R10 are passed pretty close to each other.

Only after R10 is passed, the 6 months processing time frame starts.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
You are correct, usually, the temporary UCI number will change to a regular UCI number after the application crosses the R10 Completeness Check stage.
The temp UCI changes to a permanent one, when the processing of your application commences and your application is entered into the Global Case Management System (GCMS).

The R10 is usually done within the first 30-45 days, and one of the good indicator is when your medicals is passed. Usually Medicals and R10 are passed pretty close to each other.

Only after R10 is passed, the 6 months processing time frame starts.
Thank you both. I had called ircc because I had a ghost update after providing my adr (rcmp pcc) but the adr status didn't seem to change from uploaded to we are reviewing. The agent who answered my call said my criminality was in progress, wasn't able to tell me why I had a ghost update, and said eligibility hadn't been started yet. That's when I asked him if I completed R10 or not and he seemed to be unsure of that. I already had MEP and permanent uci by then, so I was surprised that he couldn't say whether R10 is passed. I had assumed that that would have passed by then for sure.