AOR: 18 Aug

No update yet

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
It sucks that FSW-O are being processed faster than CEC inland. Isn't it easier to process inland applications? Why the discrepancy?
There is nothing to suggest that inland applications (of any stream) are easier to process. Just be patient. I realise that is in short supply on this forum, but you can try.

loreboy

Sep 21, 2020
There is nothing to suggest that inland applications (of any stream) are easier to process. Just be patient. I realise that is in short supply on this forum, but you can try.
I agree its only been 20 days since I applied and feels like eternity. I'll exercise more patience.
Just thinking out loud though :p as I have seen evidence of FSW-O applicant move faster than CEC.
I'm just basing this out of common wisdom. CEC inland means that the applicant has already lived and worked in Canada. A few reasons why I would say that CEC processing should be easier.
1) CEC applicants are already fingerprinted and partially vetted when they come to Canada on whatever visa they were granted.
2) They've demonstrated their ability of being law-abiding, productive members of society by working, paying taxes and contributing to Canadian economic activity (which imho is what immigration should be all about)
3)They've also already demonstrated their ability to assimilate into Canadian society by living in Canada for atleast 1 year and understanding the lay of the land.
4) Far lesser chances of fraud. For example, CEC inland applicants usually have to go through their country's embassy for PCC and hence have almost no influence in those decisions. They go to a doctor in Canada for their health and once again have almost no influence in its outcome etc.

All of the above is in addition to everything that outland candidates provide. The processing officer has more verifiable data points for CEC inland applicants and hence common sense dictates that processing of CEC applications should be easier. However I acknowledge that the reality may be different.

brunohen

Jun 5, 2017
Category: CEC Inland
ITA: Aug 5
AOR: Aug 29
Medicals: Submitted my medicals with the application - No MEP yet

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Do they entertain request for gcms notes within 4 months? I read somewhere that less than 4 months they aren't very helpful
On average IRCC takes 6-8 months (pre-Covid) to process an application; around the halfway mark will be an ok time to request. Requesting it too soon will not yield much insight.

Reactions: karishma90

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020

adao99

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019

animhossain1989

May 13, 2017
Aug 7, 2019

a7medfx

Mar 6, 2020
Singapore
Hi, I have a question. I have seen a progress bar for some Express Entry applicants. Does this progress bar only appear after R10 completeness is done?