Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
What's the status of the ADR? is it still "We are reviewing your additional document..."? or changed to something else?

I got an ADR as well, submitted and got the MEP and BIL 2 days after but the message is still that we are reviewing.....
It is Not Applicable. The change happened together with IP1, which made me think they commenced IP1 right after finishing reviewing all my docs.

MTharwat94

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
same for my application status since AoR has been "we are processing.", people say it's supposed to change to "your application is in progress" then back to "we are processing."
Mine still at the false ip2, never had any ghost updates.
Aor 11th August
BIL/MEP 27th August
Biometrics Submitted 1st September
I submitted my biometics on 1st Sep. as i mentioned & its information appeared on the same day in the applicant information box.

however, still the biometrics section below doesn't show Completed, it shows "we didn't receive your fingerprints check ....etc."
it's really irritating to me, it has been 1 month & 8 days since i have given my biometrics, even i raised a webform last month & they replied to me on 17th sep telling me that the biometric have been received by the responsible office.

anyone know how can i fix this glitch or whatever it is ?

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
I submitted my biometics on 1st Sep. as i mentioned & its information appeared on the same day in the applicant information box.

however, still the biometrics section below doesn't show Completed, it shows "we didn't receive your fingerprints check ....etc."
it's really irritating to me, it has been 1 month & 8 days since i have given my biometrics, even i raised a webform last month & they replied to me on 17th sep telling me that the biometric have been received by the responsible office.

anyone know how can i fix this glitch or whatever it is ?
I know these small things can be super frustrating, so offering my two cents based on what I experienced. Maybe it is relevant to you, maybe not. Yesterday, I called IRCC because I had a problem while submitting my biometrics (I have stupid fingers that the scanner isn't able to read very well). The IRCC call centre agent was very nice, she dug into my file, came back and reported something that I did not understand fully: She said both, my own and my husband's biometrics are visible to her as "received", in fact, she can see a picture of my fingerprints uploaded in there. Now, apparently, there is some subsequent step—not sure if it is an automatic computerized step or a human step—that "accepts" the fingerprints if they're fine. For my husband, that step was done and appears as an additional page in the system. For me, that additional page is missing even though my biometrics have been received. There is a biometrics number that got updated for me on the same day and I can see that my application says "biometrics completed on XX date". Still, it is not fully "accepted" YET on the back end of things. So it looks like some biometrics may require the discretion of an IRCC officer to look at and approve manually. Based on my case, I would assume that this is more often for those whose biometrics were not captured perfectly. If, for example, the biometrics collection officer made a note on your biometrics, then it might require manual review by an IRCC officer—this is just what I am guessing.

I have been researching this obsessively. For the most part, it seems like they will usually accept less-than-perfect fingerprints, so try not to worry (easier said than done). Most likely, it is just a system problem. There have been so many changes with regard to biometrics over the past few months, I think some glitches are to be expected. I would suggest you wait and see. If you still don't see it change to "completed" in a month, I'd give them a call and ask.

MTharwat94

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
I know these small things can be super frustrating, so offering my two cents based on what I experienced. Maybe it is relevant to you, maybe not. Yesterday, I called IRCC because I had a problem while submitting my biometrics (I have stupid fingers that the scanner isn't able to read very well). The IRCC call centre agent was very nice, she dug into my file, came back and reported something that I did not understand fully: She said both, my own and my husband's biometrics are visible to her as "received", in fact, she can see a picture of my fingerprints uploaded in there. Now, apparently, there is some subsequent step—not sure if it is an automatic computerized step or a human step—that "accepts" the fingerprints if they're fine. For my husband, that step was done and appears as an additional page in the system. For me, that additional page is missing even though my biometrics have been received. There is a biometrics number that got updated for me on the same day and I can see that my application says "biometrics completed on X". Still, it looks like some biometrics may require the discretion of an IRCC officer to look at and approve manually. Based on my case, I would assume that this is more often for those whose biometrics were not captured perfectly. If, for example, the biometrics collection officer made a note on your biometrics, then it might require manual review by an IRCC officer—this is just what I am guessing.

I have been researching this obsessively. For the most part, it seems like they will usually accept less-than-perfect fingerprints, so try not to worry (easier said than done). Most likely, it is just a system problem. There have been so many changes with regard to biometrics over the past few months, I think some glitches are to be expected. I would suggest you wait and see. If you still don't see it change to "completed" in a month, I'd give them a call and ask.
Yes it's really irritating, glad that someone can understand me & know how these small stuff is really annoying hahahaha literally one is dying to see any update on his account.
Well, during the biometrics, mine were captured easily from the first time & things went smoothly & also they replied on the webform that i sent them last month telling me: "We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the biometric was received by the responsible office." but as i said i submitted biometric on 1st september 2020 so it has been 1 month & 8 days with this glitch so i might give them call although it's hard to call them from abroad but i feel like (despite how naive it sounds) like there's a glitch or something on the front end of my account that block this update or any ghost updates hahahahah.
Anyways, i wish you the best & don't worry your biometrics will be accepted & everything will go smoothly. i know this feeling too because i have sweaty palms & taking biometrics in the past has been like a nightmare for me in any visa application but this time my fingers didn't fail me & it was completely dry & managed to take my finger prints from the first trial thanks god.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Yes it's really irritating, glad that someone can understand me & know how these small stuff is really annoying hahahaha literally one is dying to see any update on his account.
Well, during the biometrics, mine were captured easily from the first time & things went smoothly & also they replied on the webform that i sent them last month telling me: "We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the biometric was received by the responsible office." but as i said i submitted biometric on 1st september 2020 so it has been 1 month & 8 days with this glitch so i might give them call although it's hard to call them from abroad but i feel like (despite how naive it sounds) like there's a glitch or something on the front end of my account that block this update or any ghost updates hahahahah.
Anyways, i wish you the best & don't worry your biometrics will be accepted & everything will go smoothly. i know this feeling too because i have sweaty palms & taking biometrics in the past has been like a nightmare for me in any visa application but this time my fingers didn't fail me & it was completely dry & managed to take my finger prints from the first trial thanks god.
Thanks, yeah, I do not think there would be any issue unless you know that you struggled to give biometrics. If you think they got captured without any hassles, 99.9% it must be a silly glitch.

A lot of people dislike the idea of calling IRCC for small things, but I don't think that way. I think you should do whatever you need to do for your peace of mind. If it's possible for you to call, then do that. I would suggest that you be insistent with the agent even if they try giving you the standard response at first ("well, it shows your biometric number")—just ask them to go inside your file and see if there is any note / comment made by an officer acknowledging your fingerprints.

I totally get the feeling about something blocking the ghost updates! It sounds sooo dumb, but I was worried that until I give my biometrics, the "action required" would block any updates that might occur in between. Lol.

Reactions: MTharwat94

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Lols someone should help please
Sorry, I usually call from inside Canada, so cannot comment on the credit you need for calling from outside. However, in case it helps, here's an idea of timeframe: It usually takes me about 10 minutes to get through all the pre-recorded voice messages (pressing options on the numeric pad one by one) and then I am assigned a wait time of approx 25–35 minutes depending on when I call. I usually call around noon (local time Canada), but I think wait times are shorter in the early morning. Depending on the nature of my query, once I get the agent on the line talking to me, it takes anywhere between 10–20 minutes including their verification questions and hold-time while they go and dig into my application, then get back to me with their answers.

In total, I would budget at least 45–60 minutes worth of time to be safe. My call to them yesterday took exactly 45 minutes from the moment I dialled to the moment I hung up. I am sure the app you want to use shows you a call rate per minute? So budget for your credit accordingly.

Reactions: khush.sib

Hibeekhay

Oct 6, 2020
Sorry, I usually call from inside Canada, so cannot comment on the credit you need for calling from outside. However, in case it helps, here's an idea of timeframe: It usually takes me about 10 minutes to get through all the pre-recorded voice messages (pressing options on the numeric pad one by one) and then I am assigned a wait time of approx 25–35 minutes depending on when I call. I usually call around noon (local time Canada), but I think wait times are shorter in the early morning. Depending on the nature of my query, once I get the agent on the line talking to me, it takes anywhere between 10–20 minutes including their verification questions and hold-time while they go and dig into my application, then get back to me with their answers.

In total, I would budget at least 45–60 minutes worth of time to be safe. My call to them yesterday took exactly 45 minutes from the moment I dialled to the moment I hung up. I am sure the app you want to use shows you a call rate per minute? So budget for your credit accordingly.
Thanks for this

Reactions: mknox

MTharwat94

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Thanks, yeah, I do not think there would be any issue unless you know that you struggled to give biometrics. If you think they got captured without any hassles, 99.9% it must be a silly glitch.

A lot of people dislike the idea of calling IRCC for small things, but I don't think that way. I think you should do whatever you need to do for your peace of mind. If it's possible for you to call, then do that. I would suggest that you be insistent with the agent even if they try giving you the standard response at first ("well, it shows your biometric number")—just ask them to go inside your file and see if there is any note / comment made by an officer acknowledging your fingerprints.

I totally get the feeling about something blocking the ghost updates! It sounds sooo dumb, but I was worried that until I give my biometrics, the "action required" would block any updates that might occur in between. Lol.
Well i hope it’s just a glitch because my biometrics went smoothly, i have researched on this forum & found that many people have encountered this issue before so i just have to wait

Reactions: mknox

canadian-gentleman

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016

That description matches my own experience. A tip to add:

You have to listen to the first message in full. This message is just over two minutes long. Then you can press 2, 2, 2, 2, 0 in short succession (one to two seconds) to speak to an agent. You can press those numbers as soon as you hear the next message.

Hibeekhay

Oct 6, 2020
That description matches my own experience. A tip to add:

You have to listen to the first message in full. This message is just over two minutes long. Then you can press 2, 2, 2, 2, 0 in short succession (one to two seconds) to speak to an agent. You can press those numbers as soon as you hear the next message.
Thanks