Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon . Your posts have been really helpful.

I have a question, if u don't mind:

Is it normal for LVOs to send out AORs like the one some of us received earlier this month? What could it mean?
AOR is Acknowledgement of Receipt, which is sent soon after when you submit your application. What did you receive exactly?

Brinbc

Feb 10, 2021
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-08-2020
Med's Done....
02-10-2020
@legalfalcon can you help me with this question?

I’ve already asked this for a couple of people but I don’t seem to get a straight answer to my case.

I applied for the PR through EE (CEC inland - 1dependent) on august 2020 (aor august 13th), back then I was here in Canada with a LMIA work permit (which “locks” me with the same employer.
I used the LMIA to get the points for my application (total points 520)
That work permit expired in November 2020, in that occasion I applied for a BOWP, which was approved on January 20th. The BOWP states:
Employer: any employer
Employment: any

Conditions:
-must leave Canada by 2022/01/20
-prohibited from taking courses
-prohibited from working in the sex industry

my question is:
With that BOWP in my hands can I quit my current job and find another?

i called IRCC a couple of weeks ago and the agent told me I could quit and find another job as long as I communicate that to IRCC
In her own words “if you were still required to work for your LMIa employer it would be mentioned in the BOWP”

so what should I do?
can I finally quit my job and find another one or I’ll have to wait until the Pr is in my hands?

Thank you so my for your attention.
Hope all you guys have a nice day!

LoveYVR

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020

I’ve already asked this for a couple of people but I don’t seem to get a straight answer to my case.

I applied for the PR through EE (CEC inland - 1dependent) on august 2020 (aor august 13th), back then I was here in Canada with a LMIA work permit (which “locks” me with the same employer.
That work permit expired in November 2020, in that occasion I applied for a BOWP, which was approved on January 20th. The BOWP states:

Conditions:

my question is:

i called IRCC a couple of weeks ago and the agent told me I could quit and find another job as long as I communicate that to IRCC
In her own words “if you were still required to work for your LMIa employer it would be mentioned in the BOWP”

so what should I do?
can I finally quit my job and find another one or I’ll have to wait until the Pr is in my hands?

Out of curiosity, why are you quitting your job. I mean wouldn’t it be easier on your end to get your COPR & than quit ? Or is your employer not supportive. Again this is your decision so take any step with utmost precaution.
best wishes.

Brinbc

Feb 10, 2021
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-08-2020
Med's Done....
02-10-2020
Out of curiosity, why are you quitting your job. I mean wouldn’t it be easier on your end to get your COPR & than quit ? Or is your employer not supportive. Again this is your decision so take any step with utmost precaution.
best wishes.
The employer is very disrespectful and the salary is very low, he also refused many times to give me any kind of raise.
The stress I have to deal with daily is making me lose my mind.
I know I can do so much better in another company

LoveYVR

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
The employer is very disrespectful and the salary is very low, he also refused many times to give me any kind of raise.
The stress I have to deal with daily is making me lose my mind.
I know I can do so much better in another company
sorry to hear that. I hope you can find a better place.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Conditions:

my question is:

so what should I do?

The issue is simple and hinges on one questions.

Did you claim 50 points for arranged job offer?

If your answer is no, then you can leave your job and work for any employer.

If your answers is yes, then as a part of your job offer, it stated that your will be employed for at leat 1 year after your PR is granted, and that would mean that you have to keep this condition until your PR application is processed.
Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:
  • made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • not seasonal
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

If you leave your employer who gave you this letter, then in fact your job offer letter will also be withdrawn and you will no longer be in compliance with this condition, thereby losing 50 points, unless you get the same from another employer and submit the letter and explain the situation.

Hope this helps!

Brinbc

Feb 10, 2021
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-08-2020
Med's Done....
02-10-2020
The issue is simple and hinges on one questions.

Did you claim 50 points for arranged job offer?

If your answer is no, then you can leave your job and work for any employer.

If your answers is yes, then as a part of your job offer, it stated that your will be employed for at leat 1 year after your PR is granted, and that would mean that you have to keep this condition until your PR application is processed.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

If you leave your employer who gave you this letter, then in fact your job offer letter will also be withdrawn and you will no longer be in compliance with this condition, thereby losing 50 points, unless you get the same from another employer and submit the letter and explain the situation.

Hope this helps!
Yes, I did used the 50 points of the job offer.
so if I find another job with a job offer letter (following the requirements of a job offer) I can use the open work permit and also quit my current job, correct?
It’s just very confusing for me why they would give me an open work permit without explicitly telling me about this condition, as I stated before even the agent from ircc said things like “if you were to remain in the same company we would have said that in the BOWP”.

zaki00007

Feb 7, 2019
@legalfalcon I hope you are doing good!
Recently I got a ghost update and after 71/2 months my biometrics changed to completed. I did no give my biometrics as they had already on file. The question is the biometric completion date is same as my AOR date and Not today’s date. Has my criminality passed. Does it have any significance?
Thank you for your time.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I hope you are doing good!
Recently I got a ghost update and after 71/2 months my biometrics changed to completed. I did no give my biometrics as they had already on file. The question is the biometric completion date is same as my AOR date and Not today’s date. Has my criminality passed. Does it have any significance?
Thank you for your time.
If you were exempt from giving biometrics, it does not matter. Also, since your biometrics that were on file were used, your criminality by RCMP would already have been done and the same date would have been used.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Yes, I did used the 50 points of the job offer.
so if I find another job with a job offer letter (following the requirements of a job offer) I can use the open work permit and also quit my current job, correct?
It’s just very confusing for me why they would give me an open work permit without explicitly telling me about this condition, as I stated before even the agent from ircc said things like “if you were to remain in the same company we would have said that in the BOWP”.
You are claiming points for arranged employment, its has nothing to do with your BOWP. Since you claimed points for the job offer and asked your employer to provide you the offer letter, you cannot just change it as and when you like. You had an option not to claim points for the job offer and file your application, giving you the freedom to work for any employer.

Traveller@world

Jul 17, 2020
Dear @legalfalcon, I would appreciate it if you could advise me what's the best thing to do in my situation.

I am fsw-outland applicant, AOR 10 August.
I moved to Canada on employer specific work permit early September, and started my job 4 weeks later, early October, when I completed my quarantine and got SIN, etc. I update my address to IRCC. My eligibility was passed in September, criminality and security not started, and no updates after that. Also, I have not claimed any points regarding my job offer.

My initial job offer was for one year. My current work permit expires early Sept 2021, and my visa in passport expires on 28 July 2021.
Now I have got an extension to my job offer, until Oct 2022.

My question is:
1. Is it better to apply for work permit extension, or BOWP?
2. I need to travel out of Canada for about 1.5-2 months around June-July (my current visa expires 28 July). The trip is absolutely necessary, so I can't postpone. But I can make sure I return before 28 July.

Based on this, when is the best time to apply for Work Permit extension or BOWP? I'm concerned if it gets approved very close to my departure from Canada, or when I am outside of Canada.

Could you please let me know what you suggest me to do?