+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>AUGUST 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Yeah, I'll try that but based on others similar timelines and their application progress, I'm a bit worried about my own application. Also frustrating that the only way to get uptodate information is gcms notes and am regretting not ordering it sooner in the application process.

>May I know how long you have been in Canada?

I've been in Canada for about 6 years now (came as a student when I was 17)
Good to hear! even my status is same as yours. eligibility & Security not started. Criminality is in progress

It's been 1 year 6 months in Canada. I'm 35 yrs old (still I'm young :), not per IRCC ;)). My CRS score is very low, I'm the one of the fortunate candidate that got it in the ITA pool when only CEC draw happened. fyi. I'm not claiming the job offer points too. But still, I'm confident that I will get through this.

Reactions: a6prasad

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Good to hear! even my status is same as yours. eligibility & Security not started. Criminality is in progress

It's been 1 year 6 months in Canada. I'm 35 yrs old (still I'm young :), not per IRCC ;)). My CRS score is very low, I'm the one of the fortunate candidate that got it in the ITA pool when only CEC draw happened. fyi. I'm not claiming the job offer points too. But still, I'm confident that I will get through this.
Yes I also was lucky to get in with the CEC only draw, since the regular score was around 476-478 (i was at 474) at that time. I didn't claim the job offer as well. Just applied for it after finishing 1 year of working in Canada :), hopefully all the additional documents I sent them recently will convince them of this :).

Is your application also at the Ottawa VO?

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Yes I also was lucky to get in with the CEC only draw, since the regular score was around 476-478 (i was at 474) at that time. I didn't claim the job offer as well. Just applied for it after finishing 1 year of working in Canada :), hopefully all the additional documents I sent them recently will convince them of this :).

Is your application also at the Ottawa VO?
Yes, the great Ottawa VO.

Reactions: Aks15

Zeekeem

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Hi guys and @legalfalcon
I need your help please. I currently work as a food service supervisor which was the Noc I used together with my provincial nominee (600) points to apply for my PR application. I have been at this job for 4 years now.
I recently found a better job that is in the field of the course I studied for my diploma.

My questions are:
1. Will this affect my overall score?
2. Do I need to send a web form to inform Ircc of my new job and submit offer and reference letters like I did for my previous work experience?
3. Will Ircc still contact my previous employer (even though It was my decision to quit for a better job)?
I just want to know if my ongoing application will be affected in any way.

Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
@legalfalcon please I need your advice

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon please I need your advice
1. No.
2. No, any changes post submission are irrelevant and have no bearing on your CRS score.
3. If you have claimed points for work done previously, IRCC can contact your employers to verify your employment.

Jan 20, 2020
I am also in the similar state. Criminality in progress. Security and eligibility haven’t started yet.
AOR - August 7th
Medicals - Submitted before AOR and BIL post AOR.
VO - Ottawa.
I am in the same bucket. AOR Aug 8. Medical Approved : Sep 25 and No update on biometrics ( I am bio exempt and it says as: We dont need your finger prints for now). Called IRCC couple of weeks ago. Criminality In Progress and Security, Eligibility: Not Started. CEC Inland with one dependent Inland.

zaki00007

Feb 7, 2019
@legalfalcon I applied for Permanent residency in cec category in august 2020.
At the time of applying i.e. august 2020 my wife's (dependent) passport had a validity of approximately 10 months. However as of today her passport is expiring in 4 months. Will it create problem, in my application. My wife is indian and they require the old passport and they said due to covid it can take 2-3 months. What should I do, should i renew my wife passport or should i just leave it as it is and wait for final decision. I am concern they won't reject my application as my wife passport i expiring in 4 months.
Most importantly Happy new year.

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes Can you please address my query ?

VACs in India only started to take Biometrics for Students and Family sponsorship. My wife's and my BIL is expiring in 3 days. There was a tweet from Canadian High Comission that Biometric letters are automatically extended until all VACs can accomodate. My question is.. Should I raise a webform to let IRCC know about my delay in providing Biometrics ? And if Yes.. should I raise two webforms separatley for both me and my wife ?

Thanks a lot in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Can you please address my query ?

VACs in India only started to take Biometrics for Students and Family sponsorship. My wife's and my BIL is expiring in 3 days. There was a tweet from Canadian High Comission that Biometric letters are automatically extended until all VACs can accomodate. My question is.. Should I raise a webform to let IRCC know about my delay in providing Biometrics ? And if Yes.. should I raise two webforms separatley for both me and my wife ?

Thanks a lot in advance!

No need to send a webform. This has been clarified by IRCC:

Extension of biometrics deadline for permanent residence applicants who have not given biometrics within the last 10 years
If the biometrics collection site closest to you is closed, we’ll automatically extend your deadline to give your biometrics.

You don’t have to give your biometrics until the sites start offering collection services again. This applies to you, even if your biometrics instruction letter (BIL) says you have 30 or 90 days.

You don’t have to contact us for this extension, and you don’t need a new BIL to make another appointment when sites reopen. Bring your original BIL to your new appointment to show proof of payment.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

Reactions: Tivativalu

raj90

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
I got rcmp clearence a month ago but my wife does not yet. Can anybody exolain why this awkwardness as we filed together for PR?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I got rcmp clearence a month ago but my wife does not yet. Can anybody exolain why this awkwardness as we filed together for PR?
What does this mean? Were you asked for an RCMP clearance certificate? Not everyone who applies gets asked to submit one.