Yes
Nomination.....
13-05-2020
AOR Received.
23-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-10-2020
same VO. Sydney
Wow Sidney is really the fastest one! I am impressed! I am Etobicoke VO, AOR august 23:
- eligibility not started
- criminality in process
- security not started
- info sharing in process

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi everyone..My current work permit is expiring March 2021..I submitted my BOWP application (AOR : Aug 14th) yesterday and received a confirmation letter from IRCC in my account today..I see a statement in this letter “..as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until April 02, 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first”.

My understanding was that we have the implied status till the time we get a decision on our BOWP application. But it seems it’s 4 months from date from application.

I am concerned as I have seen the average BOWP processing time is more than 4 months.

Anyone in the same situation??
Any thoughts?

GauriB

Nov 19, 2020
Hi everyone..My current work permit is expiring March 2021..I submitted my BOWP application (AOR : Aug 14th) yesterday and received a confirmation letter from IRCC in my account today..I see a statement in this letter “..as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until April 02, 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first”.

My understanding was that we have the implied status till the time we get a decision on our BOWP application. But it seems it’s 4 months from date from application.

I am concerned as I have seen the average BOWP processing time is more than 4 months.

Anyone in the same situation??
Any thoughts?
That is under implied status. Basically it means that either you will get your bowp approval or decision in your pr application by then. Bowp is issued for an year.

Reactions: thepharmaguy

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
Hi, I’m CEC inland AOR 24 August. My visa office is Ottawa.
In my GCMS notes, second page, I see that my application was assigned to an officer with due date on 21 December 2020. Anyone, who has a similar AOR to mine, VO Ottawa, has a similar due date? I’m trying to understand their flow of working.
I applied PR before (which was refused). From my experience with that application, the due day was quite exact. The due date of that application was 2 Jan 2021, the final decision was made on 3 Jan 2021.

GauriB

Nov 19, 2020
In my GCMS notes, second page, I see that my application was assigned to an officer with due date on 21 December 2020. Anyone, who has a similar AOR to mine, VO Ottawa, has a similar due date? I’m trying to understand their flow of working.
I applied PR before (which was refused). From my experience with that application, the due day was quite exact. The due date of that application was 2 Jan 2021, the final decision was made on 3 Jan 2021.
Hi, my case is similar but I dont have my gcms notes yet. Aor August and vo is Ottawa. When I called they said criminality in progress.
Could you tell me what was the reason for refusal and what was previous timeline?

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
Hi, my case is similar but I dont have my gcms notes yet. Aor August and vo is Ottawa. When I called they said criminality in progress.
Could you tell me what was the reason for refusal and what was previous timeline?
My criminality is in progress as well, eligibility and security haven't started yet, the same as in my previous application around this time. Last time, I claimed foreign work experience which I couldn't provide sufficient proof to prove it; this time, I claim Canadian work experience only. Interestingly, my previous application was submitted on 14 August 2019, VO Edmonton, due date was 2 January 2020. This time, my AOR is 24 August 2020, VO Ottawa, but due date is earlier, on 21 December 2020.

Last edited:

tizzyboi

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
My criminality is in progress as well, eligibility and security haven't started yet, the same as in my previous application around this time. Last time, I claimed foreign work experience which I couldn't provide sufficient proof to prove it; this time, I claim Canadian Experience Class only. Interestingly, my previous application was submitted on 14 August 2019, VO Edmonton, due date was 2 January 2020. This time, my AOR is 24 August, VO Ottawa, but due date is earlier, on 21 December 2020.
in your last application, did IRCC send you a ADR for the work experience(if yes then how many months after AOR)? or directly refused it?

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
in your last application, did IRCC send you a ADR for the work experience(if yes then how many months after AOR)? or directly refused it?
They rejected it directly without giving me any chance to explain. I couldn't get the proper reference letter from my previous companies overseas, so I attached labour contracts, offer letter, social insurance book, any supporting documents I could find... with a LOE. It was painful that they rejected it after more than 5 months of waiting. That's why, from my own experience, it's recommended to provide the exact documents that they ask for, especially job reference letter. After that rejection, I consulted a few lawyers/consultants (I should have done it before submitting my application), one of them said Express Entry was the quickest pathway to become PR but it was also the strictest way.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: tizzyboi

Zibah

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2019
Doc's Request.
03-12-2019
Nomination.....
19-05-2020
AOR Received.
10-06-2020
Med's Request
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
14-08-2020
Kindly clarify, if I understand you right, you meant from submission, they set due date apart from the bar counting on the application on my CIC??? And it is only in GCMS that one can identify this due date? Kindly throw more light

Reactions: Didi01

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
Kindly clarify, if I understand you right, you meant from submission, they set due date apart from the bar counting on the application on my CIC??? And it is only in GCMS that one can identify this due date? Kindly throw more light
You only see this in GCMS notes. It's totally different than the bar counting in our online profile. On the second page of my GCMS notes, I see:
APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT:
Assigned To: xxxx
Assigned By: xxxx
Due date: yyyy/mm/dd

GauriB

Nov 19, 2020
My criminality is in progress as well, eligibility and security haven't started yet, the same as in my previous application around this time. Last time, I claimed foreign work experience which I couldn't provide sufficient proof to prove it; this time, I claim Canadian work experience only. Interestingly, my previous application was submitted on 14 August 2019, VO Edmonton, due date was 2 January 2020. This time, my AOR is 24 August 2020, VO Ottawa, but due date is earlier, on 21 December 2020.
I had a similar case. My previous was refused as I forgot to attach roles documents for current job. The refusal came in the 3rd month. This time my case status is like yours but I don't know any due date as I dont have gcms notes yet. My bar shows by February end so let's see.

Buik84

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
13-05-2020
AOR Received.
23-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-10-2020
AOR 23 august, due date 21/11/2020. VO Etobicoke. What does due date mean? Mine is passed already...