+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

grrrwill

Nov 24, 2019
We received PPR and sent off documents and photos. Now just waiting for COPR!

Our timeline

Application received: 12th August 2019
AOR1: 17 October 2019
Sponsor approval: 21st October 2019
Medical request: 22nd October 2019
Biometrics submitted: 2nd January 2020
File moved to London (LVO): 8th January 2020
ADR: 9th December 2020
Additional documents sent: 16th December 2020
Pre-arrival: 30th January 2021
Decision made: 13th February 2021
PPR: 25th February 2021
Sent passport copy to LVO & photos to Ottawa CPC: 26th February 2021
COPR: TBC

russellup

Mar 5, 2020
Thanks for clarifying the ADR. We were also requested to submit ADR which I thought was weird since it was not originally required on the original application. I submitted the ADR in October 2020 at NY office but sadly no acknowledgement from them.

Thank you! :) And no problem, I know I was constantly scanning for good news from LVO for months while we waited for an update.

1. No, they didn't ask for a new medical exam, even though the first one was expired - but we had asked ages ago what would happen in this case, and they had told us they weren't likely to request a new medical if expiry was caused by COVID delays.

2. We actually submitted the documents somewhere between the 9th and the 16th (I didn't write down the exact date) and then we got an email message on the 16th saying "We got your document. Thank you!". That's all I know for sure... I imagine they perhaps started looking at it on the 16th and confirmed receipt, because I remember there being a delay between upload & receiving this message.

3. They asked for new police certificate, an updated 10 year address history, and (a new requirement for us) a 10 year travel history. We suspect the latter is because my husband is here in Canada on a 6 month visit (because we didn't want to be separated during COVID) and they wanted to check our history of travelling and not overstaying in other countries, which is understandable. They also asked for a cover letter describing what had happened since we applied, and what our current situation was. We wrote the letter explaining why I had moved back to Canada, why my husband was visiting me, and my husband's intention to travel back to the UK before his 6 month visit limit was reached, if his PR application didn't complete before then. (We still intend to honour this, if the paperwork doesn't come through on time... but hoping it does come through soon, because we really don't want to be travelling right now, considering the global pandemic!)

4. PA's country of residence is the United Kingdom.

russellup

Mar 5, 2020
Your time line is very similar to mine. But I didn't get any response after submission of ADR on December 09, 2020. They didn't even started processing/reviewing the ADR.
Same. I submitted the ADR in October 2020 but no confirmation from them if they received it or not. I submitted an inquiry and all I got was a generic reply of application being reviewed.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
When u check...It says currently they are processing may 2019 files for outland.
What it says precisely is "We're currently finalizing most applications we received between May 12 and 18, 2019." (And if application is complex, it may take longer to process).

This is oddly phrased but when IRCC gives their information (former standard guidance on how long files take), they consistently refer to approximately 80% of files being processed within 12 months.

I think this "finalizing most applications" is using the same basic concept, that about 80% of applications submitted May 12 -18 2019 are complete. And presumably ones after that date are a bit below that target.

The 2019 tracker spreadsheet roughly corresponds to this. And for the months may to december, very rough average, well more than 50% seem to have received their PPRs.

This may or may not make anyone feel better but it does NOT mean that files received after May 2019 are not being processed, that none will be quicker, etc. It means they're working through the backlog. If you have a June file, it's in there, and more than 60% of the June 2019 cohort already have got the PPR - and even December is 45% have already got the PPR.

russellup

Mar 5, 2020
Kind of puzzled and frustrated with my application. They asked new type of additional documents last oct 2020 which I complied immediately.
Today they are asking for my police clearance which I understand has already expired. However, they are asking me to send IMM 0008, IMM5569, IMM5406 which I already submitted in my original application in aug 2019. Im not sure if they lost it or just buying time to make a decision. My file was moved to New York in jan 2020 before pandemic and they have been so delayed and lost. Anyone else being asked to resend documents or forms?

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Kind of puzzled and frustrated with my application. They asked new type of additional documents last oct 2020 which I complied immediately.
Today they are asking for my police clearance which I understand has already expired. However, they are asking me to send IMM 0008, IMM5569, IMM5406 which I already submitted in my original application in aug 2019. Im not sure if they lost it or just buying time to make a decision. My file was moved to New York in jan 2020 before pandemic and they have been so delayed and lost. Anyone else being asked to resend documents or forms?
I don't believe its loss...many are asked for to resend documents. These forms changes so often also your information could have changed from time of submission (2019) to now. It is annoying but just send it in as soon as you can. At least you now know someone it reviewing your file. Good luck!

MSVM

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Same. I submitted the ADR in October 2020 but no confirmation from them if they received it or not. I submitted an inquiry and all I got was a generic reply of application being reviewed.
What is the status for Additional documents in your GCKey account?

Kz_hasn

May 21, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
23-10-2019
AOR Received.
19-10-2019
File Transfer...
28-02-2020
Med's Request
25-10-2019
Med's Done....
08-11-2019
Hi guys,
August 1st 2019 application submit;
did anyone experienced ADR review:- not applicable.
I inquired through MP, the notes says no outstanding docs as of now.
should I expect anything moving forwad.
ADR: requested: 23 nov 2020
ADR submitted: 22 dec 2020,
Missing affidavit: submitted via webform 25 dec 2020
The status was saying till late March action required ever since ADR AND WEBFORM submitted.
Since we manage to upload missing client information on 25 March 2021.
the status changed to submitted.
ADR timeline: not applicable.
Please let me know if anyone experienced similar. And after above status how long it took for any further correspondence and what it lead to!
Thanks

tomtom21

Jul 4, 2018
Got COPR message and Virtual Landing in Etobicoke Office yesterday (since my partner was already in Canada).
Our file was handled by LVO.
Hi, can you please elaborate or write the steps related to virtual landing. For people who are already in Canada how does that work and what are the changes due to Covid in that process. thx.