+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

ranaumar1292

Jan 14, 2020
Eid Mubarak to all members, may Almighty Allah grant you a healthy and happy life, Ameen. This is the last Eid we are spending without our loved ones (Spouses), In Sha Allah we will celebrate the next Eid with them. I hope and pray that the waiting period of all of us be ended soon.

Happy Eid ul Azha

SJD9169

Feb 17, 2020
Sent application August 6th. Sent CSQ June 4th. Still waiting. Haven't had any updates and it says "processing background check" and "application is in progress" If it goes longer than a year, does anyone know what are the next steps? Is there anything to do if it takes longer than a year to process?
I bet you're processing in Manila. My situation is identical to you.

Reactions: jinkydo

SJD9169

Feb 17, 2020
Is anyone heard if applications are being processed at the Visa Office in Manila, Philippines?
Thank you in advance
Hi Jinky, no update on our application since March. It's unbelievable. One year already. They don't reply to the webform or emails - just an automated response. Contact MP Jenny Kwan in Vancouver, I heard she's putting together a petition for people to get a special visa for spousal to be processed into Canada but I'm not sure:

jenny.kwan@parl.gc.ca

• Love
Reactions: jinkydo and Takshi

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
I just ordered my GCSM Notes!!! I raised a web form to request any info about my application. Has anyone gotten any good news lately??

russellup

Mar 5, 2020
I bet you're processing in Manila. My situation is identical to you.
Kabayan! We have the same status and it has always been like that. My App was received Aug 16. October file was moved to Mississauga and again file was transferred to NY in January. That is the last update. Even during Pre-Covid their process was very slow. They should have streamlined it during that time. Now Covid is here no movement at all. So frustrating.

Reactions: jinkydo

SJD9169

Feb 17, 2020
Kabayan! We have the same status and it has always been like that. My App was received Aug 16. October file was moved to Mississauga and again file was transferred to NY in January. That is the last update. Even during Pre-Covid their process was very slow. They should have streamlined it during that time. Now Covid is here no movement at all. So frustrating.
Yes - I'm Canadian and my wife is filipina. Manila Embassy is unacceptably slow. For me, it's now been over one year - I'll be contacting IRCC and the Immigration Minister's office tomorrow.

jinkydo

Mar 16, 2018
Yes - I'm Canadian and my wife is filipina. Manila Embassy is unacceptably slow. For me, it's now been over one year - I'll be contacting IRCC and the Immigration Minister's office tomorrow.
same here my application transferred in Manila last November 2019 got my Pre-arrival last Feb. 28, 2020 until now no update. Maybe Manila is still closed.

russellup

Mar 5, 2020
same here my application transferred in Manila last November 2019 got my Pre-arrival last Feb. 28, 2020 until now no update. Maybe Manila is still closed.
What does pre arrival contain? In another website, I saw their tracker and I noticed quite a number of applicants that Manila processed faster compared to ofher local visa office during pre-covid. I really do not understand why other applications are processed at a faster rate. I am genuinely happy for those approved applications coz the waiting is emotionally stressful.

russellup

Mar 5, 2020
I hate the feeling when we waited this far. We could have been with our loved ones spending time. This is torture. We have waited for a year already and we are in limbo coz we do not seem to get any update on our application. It is really unfortunate. I try to be positive but cant help feeling frustrated with the application not moving. Sorry, not being negative here.

SJD9169

Feb 17, 2020
I hate the feeling when we waited this far. We could have been with our loved ones spending time. This is torture. We have waited for a year already and we are in limbo coz we do not seem to get any update on our application. It is really unfortunate. I try to be positive but cant help feeling frustrated with the application not moving. Sorry, not being negative here.
Well, I've never been as depressed as I am now. 16 months since we've been married yet apart, all due to the Canadian and Phillipine governments lack of care to process in a timely manner, and doing "blanket" lockdowns without considering family reunification processing as an essential service. How many long-distance marriages will go bust due to this? Lots.

SJD9169

Feb 17, 2020
Lucky you, you have a pre-arrival letter. We don't even have that yet. Applied Aug 6 2019.

couplefromDubai

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hi Everyone!

I am sponsoring my spouse under family class. Had a questions about this form: Form 5532: Sponsorship evaluation and relationship questionnaire

I need help for this question: When did you last live in Canada? I feel my situation is complicated as I have never officially declared myself as Non-Resident even though I have lived less than 183 days per year in Canada after 2011. I just don't want to confuse who ever looks at my application to avoid getting it rejected or flagging anything to the CRA.

I was wondering what date I can put as last lived in Canada based on the below info about me:

• I have been a naturalised Canadian citizen since year 2000 and have been living there constantly. Right after university graduation in 2011 I moved to Dubai to live with my parents who had relocated there for work. I also have a residence permit in Dubai. But I haven’t lived there for more than 183 days/per year after 2011. I don’t have any property or assets in Canada, I just have social ties there.

• I last filed a tax return in 2016 when I visited relatives last for a month, but I reported zero income because I didn’t earn anything in Canada. I was trying to show activity in Canada despite living in Dubai thinking it would help. I also visited relatives in 2013 for a month

• I still have a student OSAP loan with the NSLSC and there is a Canadian mailing address on file (it’s my cousin’s but I said it’s my own address) I am making the payments on it regularly still.

• I have a bank account where there is a Canadian mailing address and phone number on file and I am somewhat active on the account

• I have a drivers license but not a valid health card since I haven't used it.

Other questions:
  1. It's asking me 5 year job history where I was working in Dubai only, but I filed my tax return in 2016 when I visited saying I had zero income. Will this cause an issue?
  2. Does me paying my OSAP loan monthly show intention to return to canada?

grrrwill

Nov 24, 2019
Finally received AOR2 email from London VO this morning 10:30am - I am hopeful that this means they are finally going to review our application and make a decision soon!

Reactions: Belarusian