+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Sadaf19

Star Member
Oct 5, 2019
After 12 months if nothing happens, you suppose to get in touch with your MP's office (email or phone) and explain your situation. They will do an inquiry into your file with the VO. This inquiry can expedite your application to be finalized.
Just email your MP and explain your situation in short, make sure to include your file number, client number and applicant+sponsor dates of births and full names - so that MP can do an inquiry.
Thank you so much I will go to MP’s office

user11110000

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Hi! I just wanted to share my experience arriving in Canada under the family reunification travel exemption. The sponsor is a Canadian citizen currently living in Canada, and the applicant is a US citizen living in the US. We applied outland / common law beginning of August 2019, received the CSQ back in May and are still waiting on the decision made and PPR. We haven't seen each other since the beginning of March when Covid hit so we decided to try and enter Canada under the "family reunification" travel exemption which was added in June. It worked and I was able to make it to Canada this week on a tourist visa!

I had to bring documents to the airport proving our common law status, proof that my PR application was in process, and proof a return flight for more than 15 days after my arrival. The hardest part was at the departure airport because the woman printing my boarding pass didn't know all the details of the family reunification rules so she had to call a few people at CBSA and the embassy. But once she confirmed I was eligible, I was able to board my flight. At the Canadian border, they asked for documents proving my common law status. I had to fill out a form with contact information for my quarantine, and show my return flight confirmation. They asked a few additional questions and it was pretty straightforward. I was admitted on a tourist visa and am currently quarantining for the 14 days.

Hope this info is helpful for other people who are in a similar situation. Best of luck with the PR approval process, everyone!

tizahu

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Hi! I just wanted to share my experience arriving in Canada under the family reunification travel exemption. The sponsor is a Canadian citizen currently living in Canada, and the applicant is a US citizen living in the US. We applied outland / common law beginning of August 2019, received the CSQ back in May and are still waiting on the decision made and PPR. We haven't seen each other since the beginning of March when Covid hit so we decided to try and enter Canada under the "family reunification" travel exemption which was added in June. It worked and I was able to make it to Canada this week on a tourist visa!

I had to bring documents to the airport proving our common law status, proof that my PR application was in process, and proof a return flight for more than 15 days after my arrival. The hardest part was at the departure airport because the woman printing my boarding pass didn't know all the details of the family reunification rules so she had to call a few people at CBSA and the embassy. But once she confirmed I was eligible, I was able to board my flight. At the Canadian border, they asked for documents proving my common law status. I had to fill out a form with contact information for my quarantine, and show my return flight confirmation. They asked a few additional questions and it was pretty straightforward. I was admitted on a tourist visa and am currently quarantining for the 14 days.

Hope this info is helpful for other people who are in a similar situation. Best of luck with the PR approval process, everyone!
I tried something similar by land and got rejected. June 2019 outland. I havent received PPR and crim and eligibility are still in process. Got CSQ and sent late July. I guess it was because your partner was there already so they let you in? How did you prove you wouldn’t overstay?

user11110000

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
I tried something similar by land and got rejected. June 2019 outland. I havent received PPR and crim and eligibility are still in process. Got CSQ and sent late July. I guess it was because your partner was there already so they let you in? How did you prove you wouldn’t overstay?
I'm not sure...but maybe you're right and it was because my partner was already in Canada. They only asked for proof of our common law status, a copy of my partner's Canadian passport, info about a quarantine plan, what I did for work, and a confirmation for a return flight. We also called CBSA the day before the flight and they told us we should meet the criteria. They were really nice and friendly on the phone.

tizahu

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
I'm not sure...but maybe you're right and it was because my partner was already in Canada. They only asked for proof of our common law status, a copy of my partner's Canadian passport, info about a quarantine plan, what I did for work, and a confirmation for a return flight. We also called CBSA the day before the flight and they told us we should meet the criteria. They were really nice and friendly on the phone.
Do you mind me asking what you do for work? I work remotely and always have so they said I would have a hard time proving I wouldn’t overstay if my partner were already living in Canada.

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
Is anyone receive updates from IRCC ? I am August Outland applicant and waiting for DM and PPR and my VO is CPC-Mississaugua
Me too!!! Is MVO closed?? Can someone please inform us?

Shafiqua

May 11, 2019
Hi all , I have applied on 20th August 2020 but till now nothing, no AOR nothing . Can anyone please suggest me what should I do? And why there is so much delay?
It’s really very frustrating. I am away from my husband since more then a year.

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
Hi all , I have applied on 20th August 2020 but till now nothing, no AOR nothing . Can anyone please suggest me what should I do? And why there is so much delay?
It’s really very frustrating. I am away from my husband since more then a year.
What do u mean no AOR? Please share your timeline.