+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
You really need to call them and make sure they have your application. Hard to believe you wouldn't have got AOR or the application returned to you by now. At the very least if you can't call then submit a web form asking what's happening. I imagine you have been checking your spam and trash folders in your email in case it ended up there?

We were originally Aug 06 applicant, after emailing back and forth for 10 days at the end of October they still couldn't find our app. We withdrew the app and re-submitted since then.

Check me email daily, I sent them an email the other day will see what happens. I even tried linking the application through the site but keep getting back nothing found. At this point I am thinking of going through my MP to see if they can get an update for me. Is there a number I can call also as I just find an email link but it requires the uci/application number even though it does not have the field marked as required it still wants you to enter it in.

Last edited:

Mojtaba.abb

Oct 5, 2017
Your GCkey will not show any updates until you have submitted your passport for visa stamping.

If you're file is transferred to CPC Mississauga, they don't send out AOR2. You will just notice that DM side on the PA side and an update to line 2 as well saying they have processed your application at Date xxxxx. The PA will receive an email for Passport request from the visa office in their country. Usually comes 2 to 5 days...could be more depending on the visa office. Mine was 2 days.

Congrats!!
Can you log in GCkey? I haven't been able to log in for over 2 weeks!!! After "I accept" goes back to choosing language!!!

josief

Aug 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
Fingers crossed for some updates this week! Has anyone order GCMS notes and found that their background check is ongoing? Or that their application is still at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney? I think ours might still be there - and I am hoping that means that they are completing a lot of the background check items there.

This Christmas/New Years has been difficult to wait through with no update whatsoever.

Our timeline:

AR: August 12, 2019
AOR: October 16, 2019
SA: October 23, 2019
BR: October 23, 2019 (Uploaded same day)
MR: October 23, 2019
Medical passed: October 31, 2019
No update since then, except that when I sent a webform to clarify that my address had been input correctly (it was showing an incomplete address in ECAS), they responded on November 29, 2019 to say the address was fine on their system, and the following sentence:
"Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is in process at the Centralized Intake Office, Nova Scotia."

MSVM

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fingers crossed for some updates this week! Has anyone order GCMS notes and found that their background check is ongoing? Or that their application is still at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney? I think ours might still be there - and I am hoping that means that they are completing a lot of the background check items there.

This Christmas/New Years has been difficult to wait through with no update whatsoever.

Our timeline:

AR: August 12, 2019
AOR: October 16, 2019
SA: October 23, 2019
BR: October 23, 2019 (Uploaded same day)
MR: October 23, 2019
Medical passed: October 31, 2019
No update since then, except that when I sent a webform to clarify that my address had been input correctly (it was showing an incomplete address in ECAS), they responded on November 29, 2019 to say the address was fine on their system, and the following sentence:
"Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is in process at the Centralized Intake Office, Nova Scotia."
Same situation ... It is not clear if this office is VO or not?

newcan_2019

Nov 20, 2019
Hello, updating my final timeline for posterity.

Received: August 12, 2019
AOR1: October 18, 2019
Bio: October 21, 2019, completed Nov 4, 2019
SA: October 22, 2019
Med: October 23, 2019, completed Oct 30, 2019
AOR2: Nov 18, 2019 (VO Mississauga)
DM: Nov 19, 2019
PPR: Nov 20, 2019
Sent Passport (Ottawa): Nov 21, 2019
Received COPR: Jan 2, 2020
Landed (Pearson): Jan 3, 2020

Had some annoying trouble at the end there getting my passport back from Ottawa, but no real harm done. Good luck to everyone out there!

josief

Aug 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
Same situation ... It is not clear if this office is VO or not?
It is difficult to have patience without knowing why our application is sitting there.

I can never say never, but with the amount of meticulous detail and organisation in my application, I can’t see them asking for additional documents. Plus it’s impossible to think that my relationship isn’t genuine. (Not newlyweds!)

We keep waiting...

R@R

Nov 4, 2019
Hi,

My file has moved to NDVO from Mississauga on December 10th. Since then my status in ECAS showed as In progress.
Today the status is changed to Application received from In progress. What does it mean?

StanDiv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hi,

My file has moved to NDVO from Mississauga on December 10th. Since then my status in ECAS showed as In progress.
Today the status is changed to Application received from In progress. What does it mean?
That means very soon you might get PPR if all has been cleared. Keep it positive.

annabethchase

Jan 11, 2020
Hello everyone!

I submitted my app on Dec. 12, 2019.
I got my AOR on Dec. 31, 2019.

I received an email today about a change/update in my Gckey account, but nothing was changed. What could this possibly mean? Am I going to receive, MR/BR/SA?