+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

HRU

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Can someone tell me what ECAS is and GCKEY is? I use Sign-In Partner .. does it matter which one you use?

deepa_c

Sep 6, 2019
Can someone tell me what ECAS is and GCKEY is? I use Sign-In Partner .. does it matter which one you use?
GC key is government of Canada key or account with the cic website that you open with a user name and password. Think of it like other websites (e.g. Quora) where you are allowed to open your own account or use a "sign in partner" (google account). You use a sign in partner but using a gc key would give you access to same information if you chose to. Don't change anything else now :)

ECAS is electronic client application status. It does not require log in credentials but you can get snippets of update like what's going on. If IRCC has made a decision on your file, this is where you would see it.

Reactions: HRU

deepa_c

Sep 6, 2019
But i can’t like my account to gckey.. it always say that ‘no results found’...
Definitely do what pardis.tabar said, with taking screenshots and whoever the applicant is, to contact IRCC with technical issues:
I had the same problem for over a month after even receiving AOR1. The applicant should send them an email, including screenshots of the questions and your answers. Abount a week after your email they will fix the problem an you can link your application.
I'm sure you have also checked out the posts explaining how to link your account? There's this particular one that helped me a lot. Here the user explains how they had to add a space in each field after entering the information in order to find their application. My guess is as good as yours about why this extra space is needed. In any case, IRCC should be able to help you access your account if the posts here can't. Good luck!

Try this

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fillCITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!

HRU

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
GC key is government of Canada key or account with the cic website that you open with a user name and password. Think of it like other websites (e.g. Quora) where you are allowed to open your own account or use a "sign in partner" (google account). You use a sign in partner but using a gc key would give you access to same information if you chose to. Don't change anything else now :)

ECAS is electronic client application status. It does not require log in credentials but you can get snippets of update like what's going on. If IRCC has made a decision on your file, this is where you would see it.
Thank you beyond words for this helpful reply! It really is helpful :) you are the best! So, is it okay for me to open ECAS though I have a sign in partner account? Nothing bad will happen right?

deepa_c

Sep 6, 2019
Thank you beyond words for this helpful reply! It really is helpful :) you are the best! So, is it okay for me to open ECAS though I have a sign in partner account? Nothing bad will happen right?
ECAS and GC key / Sign-in Partner provide different info. You don't substitute one for the other, so yes you should use both to check what's going on with your application.

You don't have to open a new account or anything with ECAS. There's no registration required. You just enter some pieces of info and it tells you what the status of your application is.

MSVM

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Thanks for posting this. Even though I am hoping for the best, I am prepared now that this can happen. So here goes for another grain of salt update/post for those waiting on transfer to VO:

I got request for additional documents from IRCC (found in my GCKEY account) today. My husband did military service in USA and the letter went something like this:

--------
We submitted our application to Sydney, NS. Neither my husband nor I have received any updates or emails indicating that our file got transferred to CPCM. Heck we don't even know if it will be NY or CPCM. Yet the letter was signed: "Sincerely, Officer VA, CPC Mississauga - FCPAPR"

Here's the speculation part. Maybe:
1) They got the file but did not start processing it or send "AOR2" (does CPCM even send AOR2?) or whatever because they are missing the military discharge certificate, or
2) A script or bot sends files to applicants that their file got transferred which hasn't been run for us (seriously - am I just shooting in the dark now?), or
3) the file wasn't transferred at all, and the response was just sent because a CPCM visa officer happened to be looking at an electronic form of our application.

Like I said - take it with a grain of salt. Maybe your file got transferred as well and they just didn't tell you. Who knows. Keep checking your gckey account regularly and stay positive. And warm...if you are in Canada or anywhere else where winter is hitting especially hard.

Cheers.
I have ordered GCMS notes to figure finally out were our application is at.

Sadaf19

Star Member
Oct 5, 2019
Hello friends!
On ECAS
it’s says medical results have been received .
  1. We started processing (. ) application on November 13, 2019.
  2. My concern is we applied on August how come they says they just started processing it .please answer me thanks

HRU

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Acknowledgment of receipt 2, means they the visa office received your application and they will start processing applicant's application to make a decision.
My ECAS just says:
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 29, 2019.
  2. We sent you a letter on October 6, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on October 8, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.

5. this means that my application is not currently being processed by a Visa Office yet right?

Last edited: