+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

jain12

Oct 16, 2015
use only principal applicant's detail in application detail section. There is also thread for linking GC key account. You may refer to that too.
How to link an application
  1. Go to this page https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
  2. If you already have an account, just log into it and go to step 3. If you don't have an account, choose either "Continue to Sign-In Partner" or "Continue to GCKey". Attention! To find out the difference between these two, please see "Questions and Answers" section below in this post.
    If you've chosen "Sign-In Partner", create an account with one of them. If you've chosen "GCKey", on the next page click "Sign Up" and create an account. The process of creating an account is similar to signing up on any other regular website, so it shouldn't be complicated.
  3. After logging in or signing up on the previous step, you will see your account page. Click "Add (link) your application to your account".
  4. In the Category select Permanent Residence (here and below I will imply you've applied to sponsor your family member and will suggest options based on that. If your case is different, choose whatever option applies to you).
  5. In the Sub-category select the class of your application. For example "Family Class (Common-law partner)" or "Family Class (Spouses)".
  6. In "Application details: Please select one" select one of the four options. If you know an application number (if you've received AOR previously and it contains application number), you can select "Application Number and Family Name" option. If you don't know either application number or UCI, then select "Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth".
  7. Enter the required information.
    Attention! You need to use Primary Applicant's information, i.e. PA's name, PA's date of birth, PA's UCI, etc.
    Attention! Enter the information exactly as you did in your application form IMM0008.
    Attention! A sponsor and a Primary Applicant have different UCI numbers. If you have received AOR1, it has sponsor's UCI. Do not use it! For more details about UCI number please see "Questions and Answers" section below in this post.
  8. In the "Applicant's personal information" section select either "Passport" or "Place of Birth".
  9. Enter the required information exactly as you did in your application form IMM0008.
  10. In the "Other Application Information" select the province and the city you are going to live in as you did in the form IMM0008.
  11. In the "Current marital status" select the status that applies to you. If you are a common-law, you will most probably need to select "Single" (as reported by members on this forum).
  12. In the "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application" enter 2 if you are sponsoring a partner with no dependents, and enter 2+number_of_dependents if you are also sponsoring any dependents (your or your partner's kids).
    Attention! Even though in the form IMM0008 you entered 1 as a number of family members including in the application (or 1 + number_of_dependents), you need to enter 2 when linking an application. I believe this is the most major issue people struggle with. Please make sure you entered 2 (and +1 per dependent if you have any).

deepa_c

Sep 6, 2019
Sponsorship Approval today.
Biometrics requested yesterday.

For those who are curious how it looks like on ECAS...

Under permanent residence application status, I click the link that says "In Process" and this is what it shows:
1. We received (PA)'s application for permanent residence on August 7, 2019.
2. We sent (PA) a letter on October 20, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. <-- this line refers to the biometrics request.

jain12

Oct 16, 2015
Hi guys need your help.

CPS Mississauga requesting for "Original copy of birth certificate" does that mean i have to send original birth certificate or copy of it?

Can i upload documents online or i have to mail them?

thank you.

Jedy1

May 27, 2015
Hi Guys

I applied for my wife's PR. My wife is in India.

Our Application was received in the NS Visa Office : Aug 6, 2019
AOR received on : Oct 9, 2019
I haven't got any update since then.

Does any one have similar timeline?

Thanks

Happy4068

Feb 22, 2019
Hi guys need your help.

CPS Mississauga requesting for "Original copy of birth certificate" does that mean i have to send original birth certificate or copy of it?

Can i upload documents online or i have to mail them?

thank you.
I submitted original birth certificate for my wife.

jain12

Oct 16, 2015
I submitted original birth certificate for my wife.
You were requested by CIC after you submitted documents? or you submitted original at first. I noticed that CIC does not ask for original so???

And, I just found out that i sent "Translated copy"(English) of birth certificate only. As per CIC comments, we do need to attach original copy of birth certificate (In my case "Gujarati"). I did not sent it at first.

Now i am going to upload document to CIC (Original language birth certificate)

BharatFL

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
You were requested by CIC after you submitted documents? or you submitted original at first. I noticed that CIC does not ask for original so???

And, I just found out that i sent "Translated copy"(English) of birth certificate only. As per CIC comments, we do need to attach original copy of birth certificate (In my case "Gujarati"). I did not sent it at first.

Now i am going to upload document to CIC (Original language birth certificate)

I submitted original birth certificate with the application itself. The section which requests country specific documents, mentions to send original supporting document. I also submitted her original voter id card.

"
India – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.
"

jain12

Oct 16, 2015
I submitted original birth certificate with the application itself. The section which requests country specific documents, mentions to send original supporting document. I also submitted her original voter id card.

"
India – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.
"
Just to clarify, section mention to send original documents only if a birth is registered late?

If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
  • Voter's ID card.

Nilson 34

Feb 5, 2014
I have received BR today.After biometrics were done, do I need to upload something on GC key or VFS is sending biometrics to IRCC?

jain12

Oct 16, 2015
I have received BR today.After biometrics were done, do I need to upload something on GC key or VFS is sending biometrics to IRCC?
No. They will update biometric automatically online on GC key once you have it completed.

Omk9

Sep 27, 2019
I get notified trough my CIC online account
Thanks alot.. I am still waiting for my biometrics request I have our medicals finished and passed too so just confirming whether I missed the email if it was just email notification.
Thanks