+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

nandu562

Apr 21, 2017
if you re-submitted the OWP before your status expired then you have implied status
Yes, I re-submitted it before the status expires (status good till Jan 6th and OWP re-submitted on Nov 27th). Do I have to apply for visitor visa extension? Please advice

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yes, I re-submitted it before the status expires (status good till Jan 6th and OWP re-submitted on Nov 27th). Do I have to apply for visitor visa extension? Please advice
If they return the application (as incomplete) again then you might need to apply for restoration of status (if its within 90 days since it expired).

If its not returned then you will be safe (they normally wont return applications if you have received AOR), you will be considered to have status until the day the decision is made on the OWP application.... you can legally stay in Canada until a decision is made on your OWP application because you have implied status. And if for whatever reason the OWP is denied, you will be able to apply to extend your visitor status.

TheUltimateLurker

Star Member
May 2, 2019
If they return the application (as incomplete) again then you might need to apply for restoration of status (if its within 90 days since it expired).

If its not returned then you will be safe (they normally wont return applications if you have received AOR), you will be considered to have status until the day the decision is made on the OWP application.... you can legally stay in Canada until a decision is made on your OWP application because you have implied status. And if for whatever reason the OWP is denied, you will be able to apply to extend your visitor status.
I was told to call immigrations 10 days before my visitors visa expires if I did not get my OWP by then (since the timing is so close on my end after resubmitting for insufficient fees). Hopefully it doesn't come to that. I can't speak to the implied status but seems like above ^ makes sense. Best of luck.

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Hello all I'm an October applicant. I received AOR on December 5th but haven't been able to link my OWP online at all yet even though people who even submitted their apps after me are able to do so. Is this normal? I'm super worried and stressed about since I just want to know that it's in the system and getting processed.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I was told to call immigrations 10 days before my visitors visa expires if I did not get my OWP by then (since the timing is so close on my end after resubmitting for insufficient fees). Hopefully it doesn't come to that. I can't speak to the implied status but seems like above ^ makes sense. Best of luck.
Yes a nice precaution measure just incase tha application is returned or owp is denied. Since their status has already expired and they still have implied status they can only hope that their application is not returned as incomplete and so they continue to have implied status until a decision for the owp is made.

Bobb01

Dec 22, 2019
Hello guys, I have one quick question. I am the PA and we got the new born baby a couple of month ago and the baby birth certificate but I couldn't upload the certificate on Ecas /IRRC web form
I need ur help guys if u went thrue same procedure.
My medical have been passed so far.
Thanks

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello guys, I have one quick question. I am the PA and we got the new born baby a couple of month ago and the baby birth certificate but I couldn't upload the certificate on Ecas /IRRC web form
I need ur help guys if u went thrue same procedure.
My medical have been passed so far.
Thanks
what exactly is the problem or where exactly do you get?

Bobb01

Dec 22, 2019
what exactly is the problem or where exactly do you get?
Hey Eveslm, I tried to upload/attach birth certificate and pictures before the officer request additional doc.(I have applied in 2016 inland sponsorship and the officer she do believe we r in marriage convince and don wanna go thru same avenue) so wn I am trying the web form to upload the link is inactive , could you please frwd li

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga

Rozalinda

Dec 30, 2018
I was same. Medical before or after OWP has no relevance.

----

Looks like some folks Background Checks have begun processing Dec31/Jan1.

Aug1 applicant here, keeping a close eye on updates :)
Hey I was wondering when it says " We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." under the background check means they started to processing?

Reactions: TheUltimateLurker